Master of None

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Master of None

Post  emrie on Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:36 am

Is anyone else watching Aziz Ansari's new Netflix show? I think it's terrific. It's like a slightly less depressing Louie, or a slightly less narcissistic Girls. It's the sweet exuberance of his stand-up, mixed with the observational slice-of-life of a dramedy.

His real parents play his parents, and his dad is legitimately quite funny which is adorable.
I really enjoy his
Spoiler:
burgeoning chemistry with Rachel [Noel Wells]
His friends are hilarious
There's some real social commentary as well as Milennial humor

I know I'm going to be bummed when I get to the end.

emrie

Back to top Go down

Re: Master of None

Post  punkysdilemma on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:36 pm

Watched the first three episodes -- so far we like it, though the first episode was a bit cringey for us with our infertility situation. We want to be parents but are simultaneously afraid of being parents because of what kids are actually like, so when Dev is all "I don't know how you do it" to his friend with two kids we're looking at each other going...oy.

Also, you would be surprised how many shows make jokes about sperm counts when you are dealing with this shit.

I really liked the second episode where they try to show appreciation to their parents.
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:01 pm

Yep, I watched it all very quickly. I thought it was great, and perfectly captures what it's like to be an unmarried 30-something living in a big city in 2015. Many things are going well in his life (he's not the usual mess so many characters are in comedy), and he is trying his best, but yet, finding a relationship and knowing what you want out of life is not always clear. The characters actually felt like real people. It was also very funny so it will definitely be one of my favourite series of the year.
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top