Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

2 posters

Go down

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Empty Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Post  eventide82 Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:23 pm

I know a bunch of you are watching this!

I've been enjoying it, but I have some frustrations with Rebecca's total and complete lack of recognition/acknowledgement that her behaviour is 100% driven by her obsession with Josh. Further to that, Paula, who seems to be a very no bullshit kind of a person is just kind of....enabling all the behaviour by doing what she can to help push Rebecca onto Josh. I mean, Paula
Spoiler:
but given how bananas Rebecca acts almost all the time, I find it hard to believe that Paula is happy to just excuse her increasingly odd behaviour and continue to try and push Rebecca and Josh together in a very desperate way.

Still, it has fun songs and it's entertaining, so I'll keep watching (I've watched up to episode 10).
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Empty Re: Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Post  Morning Angel Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:42 am

I absolutely adore that show, and the more the season has progressed, the more it makes narrative sense.  I like that it doesn't take shortcuts, and it acknowledges the flaws of its characters more and more.  However, the end of the season finale left me a bit ambivalent.  We can talk about it when you get there!

Plus, the songs are just great, and this show generates so many emotions; it makes me laugh and cry.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Sun May 01, 2016 10:26 pm

Ok, I watched the finale last night. I'm ambivalent too. Rebecca spends
Spoiler:

Also:

Spoiler:

So yeah, I'm a bit frustrated with the show's narrative. In the middle of the season I got really frustrated, then when they had that big city water case I found myself enjoying it a bit more, and as the finale approached I thought things would wrap up in a bit more of a common sense sort of a way. I am NOT happy that
Spoiler:
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum