Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday Night Live

+59
mialoubug
dionneshea
Carrie Ann
Nerg
Never Enough
Jude
Cutebutpsycho
biakbiak
Swarley
Fraoch
Miss Moneypenny
Raised by wolves
laddical
Morning Angel
TiffanyNichelle
Heather
Soleil
GoodbyeWithWords
RiverThames
blixie
ulkis
mokey75
schwa
whatthedeuce
Snarryfan
Unlucky Bear
QueenSix
swsa
UmaOprah
Arabella
Genevieve
Jordan Baker
Betty Madrid
dday515
19uses
puddingcup
ActonBell
MichiSichi
sobe
big chicken
Wilhelmina
bbridges
naughty zoot
Poubelle
Jessica
Sincerity
queenofdenile
Kiran
Binky
Gallifrey Girl
Cynara
Instant Monkeys
Auroura76
nikita
punkysdilemma
The Dude
jcpdiesel21
pizzagirl20
Eris Rising
63 posters

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down

Saturday Night Live - Page 4 Empty Re: Saturday Night Live

Post  Instant Monkeys Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:45 pm

I laughed SO HARD at "In the Cage." I don't know why it was so funny, but it was. I always think it's funny, but I guess the addition of Actual Nic Cage made it even funnier. The way he said "all the dialogue is either whispered or shouted" and "everything is on fire" in a sort of dignified, resigned voice was hysterical.

That barking dog was also hilarious. ACTING!

I thought Zooey did well. When Abby Elliot first did her Zooey Deschanel impression I thought it cut pretty deep (in addition to being really good), so it was sort of nice to see her doing it again with Zooey actually there (and she was pretty funny as MK Olsen: "I'm a billionaire"). Also Taran Killam as Michael Cera was hilarious. I think that was my favorite sketch.

I thought the "technology hump" sketch lost a little with the lack of novelty, but the label maker printing out "Yes Yes Yes Yes" was pretty excellent.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:02 am

I would like to watch much more of Jean Dujardin filling out a tux.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:19 pm

Loved Maya's show, but I'm a bit concerned with the number of former cast members and other cameos in the sketches nowadays. The current cast is one of the best that I've seen in years, and I'd like to see them get more play. Jay Pharaoh was the only one to make out like a bandit this time around...I think that I saw more of him in this episode than in the last four or five combined. Having said that, however, there were some excellent sketches, some fun writing, and a general loose vibe to the episode that made it a pure joy to watch.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Jordan Baker Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:29 pm

The "Really?" segment during Weekend Update pretty much made my week. "Don't tell me what to do!"

Jordan Baker

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:35 pm

Jordan Baker wrote:The "Really?" segment during Weekend Update pretty much made my week. "Don't tell me what to do!"

"Sorry, Foster Freies, but you made a mistake, and now you're going to have to live with it for the rest of your life!"
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:59 pm

I enjoyed the episode, but it really highlighted to me that SNL needs a black actress as a regular. They shouldn't have to wait for a black female host to do Mrs. Obama or Beyonce. And I still HATE Fred Armisen's Obama so, so much. Jay Pharoah is an excellent mimic, I hope he's practicing his Obama and replaces Armisen for the election season. (I don't think this is going to happen.)
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:10 pm

Binky wrote:I enjoyed the episode, but it really highlighted to me that SNL needs a black actress as a regular. They shouldn't have to wait for a black female host to do Mrs. Obama or Beyonce. And I still HATE Fred Armisen's Obama so, so much. Jay Pharoah is an excellent mimic, I hope he's practicing his Obama and replaces Armisen for the election season. (I don't think this is going to happen.)

The problem is that while Pharaoh is great at mimicry, he's a disaster as an actor. The cue card reading is obvious, his timing is off, his characterization outside of the voice itself is flat, and he never seems to be in the same sketch as everyone else as a result.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Genevieve Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:39 pm

The "How's He Doing" sketch killed me dead.
Genevieve
Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:54 pm

Binky wrote:I enjoyed the episode, but it really highlighted to me that SNL needs a black actress as a regular. They shouldn't have to wait for a black female host to do Mrs. Obama or Beyonce.
Yes, this. It's gotten rather ridiculous lately. Earlier this season, Maya Rudolph dropped by an episode to do this during a sketch, where there should already be someone on the regular cast to fill this role. And like Eris Rising, I am also a bit concerned about about the increasing amount of cameos lately. They're fun and a neat surprise, but I would also like to see the actual cast highlighted instead of being shoved to the side.

I have never been a fan of the Bronx Beat sketch and groaned aloud at What Up With That; I thought it was dead and buried since it hadn't been done since last season! Thank goodness the strong cold open, the hilarious Maya Angelou pranking sketch and the awesome Beyoncé/Jay-Z baby visitor sketch were around to balance the rest of the episode.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:37 pm

I loved those, but I ALSO loved Bronx Beat (I never used to like it, but now I'll take my Poehler and my Rudolph where I can get it) and What Up With That. Which I can't not love. I think my favorite thing in the whole episode was Bon Iver. Andy Samberg the white butler getting super into it was hysterical. I CAN'T HELP IT I LOVE JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE. I know he's probably a douchebag but he's so funny on SNL.

I forgot about Maya's Beyonce. I was wondering if they were going to do some kind of Whitney nod, but figured it would be in the cold open or never.

I know I SHOULD mind all the celebrity cameos, but...I just don't. It is an easy way to get cheap applause though.

The Maya Angelou sketch was pure genius.

Fred's Obama has never been my favorite, but I DID enjoy watching him try to do Obama and Bill Cosby at the same time. And I would be remiss if I did not mention Joe Biden's Theo Huxtable outfits.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:41 pm

It's especially a shame because Maya Rudolph is funny, energetic, and and a good comedic actress, but she's not a great imitator. Her voice is too distinctive, for instance, to really do Michelle Obama. They don't need to 'call her in' for black characters because she's the only one that can do the bit. They just need a regular black actress.

Jay Pharaoh is getting better, but he's a great imitator and an awkward actor. I'd still like to just see his Obama because I despise Armisen's so much.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:34 pm

Lindsay Lohan as the next host: what's up with that?

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:53 pm

Love Maya Rudolph, and this was the best episode in months. Loved the cold open - "linsensitive and politically lincorrect". Love the Beyonce sketch, How's He Doing? and Bronx Beat.

Too bad we didn't get to see Maya's Donatella - love her. Was kind of surprised to see Bill O'Reilly. The SI swimsuit model looks pretty different with clothes on - kind of like Anna Nicole Smith.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:19 pm

Maybe it's just because I hate Bon Iver, but Justin's Bon Iver impression was hilarious and one of the funniest things he's ever done on SNL.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:50 am

ActonBell wrote:Maybe it's just because I hate Bon Iver, but Justin's Bon Iver impression was hilarious and one of the funniest things he's ever done on SNL.

I quite like Bon Iver and I thought the same thing!
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:28 am

This season has been quite strong. I expected to hate the Channing Tatum episode, but they did well.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:29 am

I'm still dying over the Maya Angelou sketch. "Was this an act of malice?" "No, Brother West. It was an act of WHIMsy."
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:10 pm

Promos for the Lohan episode.. She seems with it, at least... (I'm not excited about the hair though)

I am ALSO still obsessed with the Maya Angelou sketch. "It has been an HONOR."
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:58 pm

She doesn't look like herself. It's not just the hair.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  UmaOprah Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:26 pm

I've seen recent pictures of her but in action her cheeks look so weird. Did she get cheek implants? And I think the contouring around said cheeks is making her face look kind of dirty to me.

UmaOprah

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:30 pm

I think it's fillers. I don't know. I'm just really uncomfortable with this whole thing. I'm sure she'll do fine as I think the last time she did SNL was in the midst of all her hospital visits for "exhaustion", so I think she can keep it together in the short term. But I'm just not ready to laugh at her being "self-deprecating" over issues she still seems to be in the midst of.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:53 pm

swsa wrote:I think it's fillers. I don't know. I'm just really uncomfortable with this whole thing. I'm sure she'll do fine as I think the last time she did SNL was in the midst of all her hospital visits for "exhaustion", so I think she can keep it together in the short term. But I'm just not ready to laugh at her being "self-deprecating" over issues she still seems to be in the midst of.
That's sort of how I feel too. I hope she does well, but I'm not going to be able to relax and laugh at the comedy, I'm just going to be on edge the whole time, wondering what they're going to say and how she'll handle it.

I thought her whole face looked rather round. She had a bit of a chin going on. Which is not something I think looks bad, but it didn't quite look like the her of late. I can't begin to speculate what would make her face look rounder (quitting smoking? coke? no clue), but I did notice it.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:50 pm

How did Lindsay Lohan get on last night then?

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:57 pm

She wasn't a complete trainwreck, which probably counts as a success, but neither was she amazing or anything. A lot of cue card reading and some line-stumbling, I thought. Also, it didn't seem like she was given very much to do? I still think it's dumb they let her host and actually cheapens the role a lot.

They had John Hamm there, I wish he'd been the host.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Auroura76 Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:12 pm

I didn't see the whole episode, but in principle, I agree it was a bad idea for them to have her host.

However, the pre-taped Real Housewives of Disney killed me. But I'm a sucker for Disney parody.

Auroura76

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next