Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Walking Dead

+48
Fiammetta
Luciano
dday515
choubetcha
swsa
shanndee
Binky
Snarryfan
Shalamar
LadyGayle
BrightEyes
bbridges
CaroJC
chick binewski
salamandersam
dionneshea
violetq
QueenSix
Raised by wolves
Crackie
mandalaya
FiggyPudding
bookworm
The Dude
MaddyCat
jensa
Wildog27
josie
xyzzy
ActonBell
Matinee
spidey_88
CherryFlame
nikita
punkysdilemma
Bad Username
Cynara
gannetguts
truecrystal
biakbiak
themis
queenofdenile
RiverThames
MichiSichi
laddical
naughty zoot
sagitare
jcpdiesel21
52 posters

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next

Go down

The Walking Dead - Page 5 Empty Re: The Walking Dead

Post  jcpdiesel21 Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:16 am

xyzzy, I saw that spoiler earlier this week and another related to it a month or so ago, but I'm in "I'll believe it when I see it" mode right now when it comes to this show.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:55 am

I don't have trouble believing the spoiler:
Spoiler:
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:34 am

Whoa, I had no idea!
Spoiler:
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:49 am

Yes, I believe he was.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:55 am

I had an idea of how I wanted Shane to go since he dared Dale to shoot him and when he offered Rick up the opportunity I was hoping it would be like "You gonna shoot me?" "Yes." *blam*

Glenn quit playing hard to get.

So next year hopefully someone better than Darabont takes over.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:27 am

I manage to get a lot of reading done while the show's on. So very little happens for so long. I am, however, intrigued by the new zombie development.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:23 pm

So next year hopefully someone better than Darabont takes over.

I am pretty sure Darabont was fired about a month into filming and the scripts for this part of the season were rewritten. Glen Mazzara who took over the show in July will continue next season.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:27 pm

I am pretty sure Darabont was fired about a month into filming and the scripts for this part of the season were rewritten.
Darabont's direct creative influence was gone starting with the first episode after the hiatus.

My mother and I watch this show together, but she's snowbirding in FL right now, and I had to explain two things to her:

• The zombie Daryl and Glenn found in the woods was the kid Shane killed.
  • Shane's return from the dead was not a dream.

I've read on a couple of forums that this wasn't perfectly clear to everyone. I find it funny that in a show where everything is spelled out as if each viewer was a small child that they didn't have a couple of characters have a 10 minute conversation about the implications of the night's events. Of course, there's still next week. For those who've finished the comics: does Shane know, before everyone else, that biting has nothing to do with rising as a zombie?

I know I sound like I hate this show, but I truly don't. I look forward to it every week. I'm just disappointed that it isn't the show it could be.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:32 pm

I actually really enjoyed the last two weeks. I hated to see Dale go, but that moment when he leaned into the gun was just beautifully horrifying.

And in a completely different way, I loved the death of Shane - I was glad to see him go, but I was also very intrigued by the discovery that death without infection still leads to resurrection. I don't know how that could possibly work, but I like it. If it's viral, that would mean everyone should be infected already; and because of TS-19 and Jim, we already know that infection alone is lethal, even if the wound that was inflicted wasn't. Craziness.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:31 pm

naughty zoot wrote:I manage to get a lot of reading done while the show's on. So very little happens for so long. I am, however, intrigued by the new zombie development.

Yeah, if they hadn't introduced the "we're all the walking dead" zombie plot I would have been gone now that Shane's dead. I didn't like necessarily like Shane, but I do think he was one of the few characters that actually conveyed the sense of change in emotion and behavior that would come along with trying to survive the zombie apocalypse. I rarely feel like the rest of them have a sense of survival unless a zombie is right there trying to eat them.

I thought that after they found Sophia that we'd get some forward momentum, but hopefully now that the walkers are invading the farm en masse they'll get MOVING again -- both physically and plot-wise.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:53 pm

laddical wrote:I was also very intrigued by the discovery that death without infection still leads to resurrection. I don't know how that could possibly work, but I like it. If it's viral, that would mean everyone should be infected already; and because of TS-19 and Jim, we already know that infection alone is lethal, even if the wound that was inflicted wasn't.
My (haven't read the comics) thought on this was: maybe everyone is now a carrier of the zombifying virus (either it went airborne or it's something about the way people have been flinging blood and brains around when killing zombies), but getting actually *bitten* by a zombie is like being injected with a syringe full of the virus, which kills you by overwhelming you. So if you don't get bitten but still somehow die, the latent virus takes over at the point where your immune system quits.

...in three minutes. That part defies pretend-science. *ahem*

punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:11 pm

In the books:

Spoiler:
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:43 am

Part of it has to be the realization that zombies need a better delivery system than biting to get a pandemic going.

Glad to be rid of Shane, all the twitching the actor did this season made me think of this.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:46 am

I thought his constantly open mouth made him look a bit like a yokel.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  FiggyPudding Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:38 am

Lori ruins everything. Otherwise, a good episode!

FiggyPudding

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:42 am

xyzzy wrote:I know I sound like I hate this show, but I truly don't. I look forward to it every week. I'm just disappointed that it isn't the show it could be.
This sums up my feelings about the show as well. I watch it regularly and do like it, but am often frustrated by the wasted potential.

I stand corrected about Shane's death. For some reason due to all of the detours that the show has taken from the comics, I was beginning to think that he would survive through the end of the season to keep his antagonist role alive and the Rick/Lori/Shane triangle going. Although I preferred the way that the comics handled his death, the show did a nice job with it as well, and I was surprised that such a big moment wasn't saved for the season finale. I'm curious what will happen next week and where the show will leave off.

Will T-Dog make it to season 3? At this point, I wouldn't be surprised.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:43 pm

SO GOOD.

That's the show I wish it could be every week. But then, in a perfect world, every week would feature something as mind-blowingly awesome as the Galactica jump-dropping into the atmosphere of New Caprica. This episode was good... but it wasn't that.

I don't know what I'm trying to say other than

Yay, Rick! Way to stick up for yourself.

Yay, Daryl! Way to stick up for Rick.

MICHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The prison! Squee!

I forget, have they cast Michonne yet? The whole hidden face bit was a spectacular reveal, but I'm wondering if part of it was that they hadn't filled the role yet. I would think that they would - they've already cast the Governor and at this point we don't even know if he's in the season premiere or not.

And OH MY GOD... the helicopter! I've been waiting for some payoff on that and what a payoff! I only wish that they could have given us the bit about Sam Witwer's dead marine in the tank that might have tied into the helicopter in some degree. Maybe shaved off a few minutes here and there towards the end with, "We have to find the others! No, we have to stay put! No we have to head for the ocean! I hate you, Rick!"

The "In Memoriam" segment of The Talking Dead left me gasping for air, as they ran out of descriptors for all the various walkers and just started throwing out "Hey Walker! Ho Walker! Bye Walker! Here Walker! There Walker!" And then the barn got the place of honor at the end. Awesome.

ETA: Guess I should have just kept quiet about Michonne until the end of Talking Dead, since Robert Kirkman's much hyped announcement during the show was the casting. I don't know who Denai Guerrera is, if I spelled her name right, or not - I tried googling her and got nothing. I have a feeling once the proper spelling gets figured out she's going to be a trending topic on Twitter.

ETA 2: It's Danai Gurira. Man - I totally whiffed that one.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:21 am

Could someone accidentally shoot Lori in the head, actually it doesn't have to be accidentally, if I were around her I would totally do it on purpose.

I chuckled at Herschel's line "I just thought he had a little something different in mind" when talking about the Resurrection.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:01 am

I know Lori all but told Rick he had to kill Shane a few weeks ago and now is horrified? TDawg even had the chance to ditch her. "No don't leave us *VROOM*"

More for the stupid list: not having a rally point and no supplies in the vehicles? At this point I'm guessing Rick got his training at the Arizona State of police Academies.

I know I sound like I hate the show too, but I too think it could be great absent the head slapping moments...and Lori Macbeth being thrown down a well.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:00 am

Well, that was pretty satisfying.

I liked Rick's announcement that the days of democratic rule had ended, but I definitely question his ability to run things. He may have honor, but he's also pretty stupid and disorganized. He tries so hard to rule with his head, but he just can't seem to ignore his heart for very long. The endless search for Sophia was devastating to the group, leaving a trail of bodies and injured in its wake. His indecision with respect to Randall was ridiculous--he should have just left him behind to begin with, especially since he'd just finished shooting his friends. A worthy leader wouldn't blame the Shane situation on the group, nor would he reveal the content of the Jenner whisper without being able to defend his motives for keeping it secret. If everyone believed they were already infected, morale would have suffered, and Rick wasn't even certain if it was true. He could have just explained that rather than stalk off to fight with Olive Oyl.

Loved Michonne and her armless zombie pets. And Andrea! Her desperate escape from the zombie horde made me like her for the first time since the show started. Finally some grit, determination, and skill.

The moment between Glenn and Maggie was sweet.

Memo to Walking Dead Writers for Season 3: Less telling, more showing. That is all.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:26 am

Hopefully Michonne will ad some much needed brains to the group.

Last week I was hoping Darryl or Glen would have killed Shane.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:27 pm

I was rooting for Carol to get munched, honestly. I don't know if I am looking for trouble where none exists but it felt like since they wrote Andrea to have guns and shoot zombies, they feel OK writing the other women as generally running around flapping their arms ineffectually. I suppose Lori did pick up a gun finally but only after screaming a lot.

Lori is such an inconsistently written character. It's frustrating how they can't remember her motivation from one episode to the next.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:53 pm

xyzzy wrote:Memo to Walking Dead Writers for Season 3: Less telling, more showing. That is all.
YES. A thousand times, this. I think this is why the season finale was so much more enjoyable than the rest of the season, at least for me. My interest waned a bit during the dialogue-heavy scenes, but the action was intense and riveting. I'm really glad that the show has moved on from Hershel's farm since it seems like the characters were there forever and it sucked a lot of life out of the main plot.

Rick is definitely flawed, and I look forward to see where this new turn in his leadership and attitude will lead in season 3. He had perfectly good reasons to both kill Shane and keep Jenner's admission to himself, but expressed both to the group poorly. Michonne's surprise appearance and the prison looming nearby piqued my interest as well.

I would be pleased if Lori AND Carol were offed in one fell swoop. Lori is a self-centered, unsympathetic and horribly written character. Carol serves no purpose now that Sophia is dead. I'd be completely fine with getting rid of this dead weight.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:05 am

If you'd asked me last week, I would have wanted Carol to stick around - but only because I thought she was a good touchstone for Daryl to keep him from going lone wolf. I guess I'm a Caryl shipper.

BUT...

After she turned on Rick last night and tried to talk Daryl into leaving him and insinuating that the man who refused to let the group move on until he'd exhausted every shred of hope in finding her daughter had no honor... yeah, she and Lori both need to go. Hopefully with the end result being that Andrea gets more growth and T-Dog gets *some* at all.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  gannetguts Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:02 am

Dude, seriously. You're all ok with him making the big decisions and letting him lead, but when he actually makes the decisions, you're all, OHHHH NOOOO. PLEASE.

Basically, the ending had me incoherent. MICHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE.

gannetguts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next