Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Walking Dead

+48
Fiammetta
Luciano
dday515
choubetcha
swsa
shanndee
Binky
Snarryfan
Shalamar
LadyGayle
BrightEyes
bbridges
CaroJC
chick binewski
salamandersam
dionneshea
violetq
QueenSix
Raised by wolves
Crackie
mandalaya
FiggyPudding
bookworm
The Dude
MaddyCat
jensa
Wildog27
josie
xyzzy
ActonBell
Matinee
spidey_88
CherryFlame
nikita
punkysdilemma
Bad Username
Cynara
gannetguts
truecrystal
biakbiak
themis
queenofdenile
RiverThames
MichiSichi
laddical
naughty zoot
sagitare
jcpdiesel21
52 posters

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

The Walking Dead - Page 12 Empty Re: The Walking Dead

Post  xyzzy Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:27 am

While I appreciate Rick's quick thinking, I question his decision to cut pig arteries without eye protection, particularly when he knows that pigs are a disease vector and the prison is starting a quarantine. Just sayin'.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:48 am

So around the 30 minute mark there seems to be a microphone or something in the shot...!? Also very cool face squash on the fence.

Is the nick girl the psycho who loves the zombies?
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:38 am

Yeah, the older sister was the zombie lover. I think she might be the one feeding them through the fence. Carol kinda made me laugh during their interaction when she was crying over the dead "special zombie." "YOU'RE WEAK!"

I think Bob the Army Medic is the psycho killing the flu victims, mostly because he seems unstable and happened to be there when the doctor was holding a meeting over Phineas Potter's body.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:57 am

The little sister made me laugh. "She's not weak. She's MESSED UP."

Oh Rick. That pig's blood is going to bite you in the ass. Especially since you were wiping away your tears WHILE YOU HAD INFECTED BODILY FLUIDS ON YOUR HANDS.

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:58 pm

I think messed up girl is feeding the walkers, though she is a little short and would need a ladder or something.

The slaughter in the cell block would have been more emotionally powerful (beyond aaaiiieee Zombies eek!) if we'd known any of those people beyond a chorus of voices saying hi to Daryl. Adding fodder without adding any characters is obviously necessary, but it could have been done better.

I am pretty sure Chad Coleman's sister is going to die and that someone in the core is, too. My bet is Glenn, Maggie, or Beth. Possibly all three.

Rick bathed in infected blood, human and pig, but I bet he lives.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:06 pm

Binky wrote:
The slaughter in the cell block would have been more emotionally powerful (beyond aaaiiieee Zombies eek!) if we'd known any of those people beyond a chorus of voices saying hi to Daryl. Adding fodder without adding any characters is obviously necessary, but it could have been done better.
Well, they gave us Lady That Tyrese Likes, for a little bit of horror, knowing that Phineas was coming for her. And then we got that moment of relief when she was saved, at least briefly.

Snoring Guy, though? Screw him. THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR SNORING IN THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:07 pm

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR SNORING IN THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!
I am so fucked.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:13 pm

I think it's Carol who burned the bodies. They're really building up her pragmatic ruthless streak.

Re: the guessing about Daryl's previous job, not that it's not awesome to watch, but I always just assumed he was, like, a guy who basically lived in a van down by the river in the woods, off the grid, and subsisted that way.  Have we actually been shown that, or am I just assuming?

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:17 pm

Cynara wrote:I think it's Carol who burned the bodies. They're really building up her pragmatic ruthless streak.

Re: the guessing about Daryl's previous job, not that it's not awesome to watch, but I always just assumed he was, like, a guy who basically lived in a van down by the river in the woods, off the grid, and subsisted that way.  Have we actually been shown that, or am I just assuming?
I had guessed Sasha, but Carol is better. Ruthless and quiet about it is more her style.

I also agree that Daryl lived in a van down by the river out in the middle of nowhere selling meth with his brother. But the show hasn't detailed beyond them having an alcoholic mom who burned her house down and their dad abusing them both. And Merle having blue meth in his lil bag of drugs.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:11 pm

xyzzy wrote:Yeah, the older sister was the zombie lover. I think she might be the one feeding them through the fence. Carol kinda made me laugh during their interaction when she was crying over the dead "special zombie." "YOU'RE WEAK!".
Speaking vaguely because comic spoilers, but I wonder if they are going to take the story role of the twin boys in the book...

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:18 pm

That's been my son's theory. He's even calling them "the twins", even though, yeah, not.
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  shanndee Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:09 pm

Matinee wrote:
xyzzy wrote:Yeah, the older sister was the zombie lover. I think she might be the one feeding them through the fence. Carol kinda made me laugh during their interaction when she was crying over the dead "special zombie." "YOU'RE WEAK!".
Speaking vaguely because comic spoilers, but I wonder if they are going to take the story role of the twin boys in the book...
That was my feeling. Especially considering the training they are receiving from Carol. I'm just not sure that the show will take it as far as the book did.

shanndee

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:12 pm

SHIT, CAROL!

I also think the creepy kids are going to go the way of the twins.

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:49 am

Dayum. I did not see that coming. Carol is hardcore.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:26 am

Is it possible that when we look back on the finished product, the show will really be the story of how Carol became the leader of the group?

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:43 am

I liked the idea of her doing it, but her telling Rick bodes badly for her survival this season, I think. I will give the writers credit, they just completely took the focus off the Daryl/Carol potential. I had called Glenn dying this season, but now I think it will be Carol.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:02 pm

In the book she dies right (well suicide/zombiecide/what)? (although book Carol and TV show Carol are so different)
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:25 pm

Yeah, Book Carol is pretty different indeed.
Spoiler:
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:31 pm

There's another theory about Karen's and David's deaths I've read that I'm going to spoiler.

Spoiler:

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:36 pm

My son is convinced that
Spoiler:
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:01 pm

I thought both the little girls were terrible actresses, which doesn't necessarily boost or lower any conspiracy theories about them.

Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:04 pm

My husband and I were discussing how the zombie apocalypse has maybe not been the worst thing ever for either Carol or Daryl. Both really seem to have come into their own as people and bad-asses.
We also thought there was something pretty fishy about the little girl asking to go into quarantine.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  shanndee Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:12 am

Oh, Rick...I really wish you hadn't done that. :(

I don't know how many of you watch the "Talking Dead" after the show, but I am so "Team Carol" right now.

shanndee

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:57 am

I'm Team Rick. Regardless of the survival arguments the issue brings up, she thrust that burden on him and made him an accomplice. The poor guy has enough guilt weighing him down without now having to look Tyrese in the eyes and lie every single day. Had he brought the decision to the group, I think banishment would've been the best of the outcomes she could've expected.

So the little girl has to be the one who was feeding the zombies, right? I thought her emotionless acting was creepily effective in that opening scene with Carol.

I knew the two newcomers were doomed, so I'm just glad they spared us having to see it onscreen.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:19 am

Totally Team Carol. She was right, if he wanted to be Farmer Rick, then he needs to be Farmer Rick, not Sheriff Rick or Dictator Rick.

I also understand his point that if it was/will be just him and the kids, he doesn't want her around them, but they're not at that point yet. He should have brought her back and let the council decide what to do with her. He didn't need to take that burden unto himself.

HOWEVER, that creepy kid is still creeping me out. When she was all "At least when they die, they get to come back", it sounded like a direct quote from the
:

I couldn't quite make out the words when Daryl was threatening Bob. Did Bob grab the booze INSTEAD of the medicine? If so, Bob really needs to learn to multitask. I, too, would need a little liquid comfort to sleep during the zombie apocalypse, but I would also grab the medicine at the same time.

Speaking of Daryl threatening people, I don't think he will take kindly to Carol being sent out on he own.

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next