Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Walking Dead

+48
Fiammetta
Luciano
dday515
choubetcha
swsa
shanndee
Binky
Snarryfan
Shalamar
LadyGayle
BrightEyes
bbridges
CaroJC
chick binewski
salamandersam
dionneshea
violetq
QueenSix
Raised by wolves
Crackie
mandalaya
FiggyPudding
bookworm
The Dude
MaddyCat
jensa
Wildog27
josie
xyzzy
ActonBell
Matinee
spidey_88
CherryFlame
nikita
punkysdilemma
Bad Username
Cynara
gannetguts
truecrystal
biakbiak
themis
queenofdenile
RiverThames
MichiSichi
laddical
naughty zoot
sagitare
jcpdiesel21
52 posters

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

The Walking Dead - Page 22 Empty Re: The Walking Dead

Post  punkysdilemma Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:14 pm

Someone at work wanted to talk about the finale and I realized I didn't want to, because my thoughts lately are about how poor some of the characterization is and how badly the show wants us to have feelings about things and how much I'm really not feeling it. OK, Father Gabriel is losing his tiny little mind, and so is Sasha, but my thoughts have been mostly like "Ugh" and not "OMG the suspenseful tension!" Like, I don't think our reaction to Gabriel sobbing in the street was supposed to be my husband and me saying to each other, "I don't understand where the hell they're going with this guy?"
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:02 pm

I dunno, at least Gabriel has a reason for his self-destructive crazy person act. I am a little annoyed by the storylines of the crazy people who are just crazy to be crazy (the Governor, kinda Terminus, probably the Wolves). The way Gabriel (plus Rick, Sasha, and Carol) are totally nuts does make sense. Where it is going plot wise, I don't know, but I did like the prayer circle as a resolution (ish..) rather than any kind of murder or suicide.

I wish the show hadn't taken the Porchdick story directly from the comics. The abusive husband slitting Reg's throat like that and sealing his execution was really simple and without any kind of hard-decision making by any character. Have him be a more realistic person who doesn't flail machetes; that character was just a collection of evil traits.

I love Carol. Now, she is batshit crazy, but I love her. My wish for next season is Carol and Daryl reconnecting; her as the nutcase she's become, him as the one who trusts people. The Daryl/Aaron dynamics are nice, but I dislike Daryl being separated from the group. Also, I think he might not have liked the plan the others had to take over Alexandria and they avoided addressing that by sending him away. I am all for internal drama.

The Glenn/Nicholas storyline was a little confusing, but at least Nicholas is a more complex character than the abusive husband. He shot Glenn with a gun loaded with nothing but plot bullets, given the outcome.

I really liked the second half of season 5. After season 2, it goes for me like that. I liked the halves of seasons 3 and 4 that weren't the governor (HATE), and I liked 5X01, but the latter half of season 5 was much stronger than the meandering Beth/hospital storyline. I feel like there was a lot of moody filler/zombie jumps that added little to the TWD world in the first half of S5.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:47 am

I am rewatching all the series and season one is so different than the rest with the songs, music etc wow, I also love how clean and fresh faced they look compared to now.
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  snorf Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:57 am

I just binged watched all five seasons on a streaming service we have. I think it definitely helped with the flow and getting to know the characters, and it helped hide the boring not so stellar episodes.

Going forward I'm not sure if I want to watch it in real time - I think it will be too painful. And if anything happens to Glenn I'll be pretty distraught.

snorf

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:25 pm

If anything happens to Glenn, I will burn that mother to the ground.

I actually deleted all of my season 5 episodes off of my PVR two days ago, realizing that I'm never going to watch them again. While the second half wasn't as bad as the first half, it was still full of stupidity and unrealistic character choices, so I can't bring myself to watch again. I'm hoping season 6 will be better, but I don't have a lot of hope.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:17 pm

Well, that turned out to be the stupidest plan ever.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:22 pm

They were sitting ducks in that quarry!  Take out a ton of them first with molotov cocktails, while also picking them off a few at a time where they were squeezing out between the trucks.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:52 pm

It was an incredibly stupid idea, and I'm not sure I completely understood it. I thought the idea was to lead the walkers away from Alexandria, so why were they walking right past it? Surely they could have lead them the other direction. Especially if they were going 20 miles.

I love Glenn so much. He's my boo, and I love that they're not making him a pushover, but still keeping him kind, compassionate, and willing to give people a second chance. I'm so worried about him. I can take losing anyone else, but not Glenn.

It looks like there's the possibility of it ending up being Rick and Carol vs Morgan and Daryl with everyone else stuck in the middle somewhere. I kind of hope it happens. I don't think either approach is entirely right, but I don't think they'll come to an accord.

I'm glad it's back, but I'm not as emotionally invested as I used to be.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:56 pm

I actually want them all together against the next big bad ( negan? Wolves?)
I loved seeing Ethan and Sonequa together again...albeit fir a short time
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:53 pm

I really hate the playing with time the show does. It worked in the early seasons when they were flashing back to pre-apocalypse, but now I feel it just drains the show of natural tension.

I also wish for a less Shane-like Rick. Damn, he's hard to like. I did enjoy Jessie standing up to him about her kids, though.

And I also love Glenn. He's a nice contrast to kill-em-all Rick/Carol.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:27 pm

Morgan. GET IT TOGETHER.

He definitely just got one of our characters killed.

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:02 pm

Yeah, the time to have the we don't have to be killers debate is not while people are attacking and killing you. I'm worried for Morgan because, IIRC, most of the people who try the "we don't have to kill" line end up dead.
Ninja Carol was amazing.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:21 pm

Woo! I'm going to the taping of Talking Dead this Sunday. I'm ridiculously excited. Anybody have suggestions of questions to submit?

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:03 pm

vwlphb wrote:Woo! I'm going to the taping of Talking Dead this Sunday. I'm ridiculously excited. Anybody have suggestions of questions to submit?
I was jealous. After seeing it, I'm not. I might be out. I'm pissed. I'm sad. That was some bullshit.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:11 pm

Well, now my Sunday nights are no longer held hostage by this show. That was some unforgiveable bullshit.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:58 pm

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:59 am

So if you watched the Talking Dead episode and saw the night vision reaction shot, you could see me watch that scene.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:13 am

Why did it have to be that STUPID? It was a disgrace.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:26 am

I feel the same way as y'all, but
there's something to consider ...:
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:13 pm

If that's true, then I've lost what little respect I had for the writers/showrunners because that would be incredibly cheap and manipulative.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:04 pm

Shalamar wrote:I feel the same way as y'all, but

So they hinted at that with him not being in the Talking Dead "In Memoriam" and the message from the show runner, but I think it's because:
my theory of what will happen next week:

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:30 pm

vwlphb wrote:
Shalamar wrote:I feel the same way as y'all, but

So they hinted at that with him not being in the Talking Dead "In Memoriam" and the message from the show runner, but I think it's because:
my theory of what will happen next week:
I think you're right. I'd hold out hope, but I've thought that they weren't going to have Glenn
comic spoiler:
because that wouldn't be the right kind of dramatic tension. So, I figured they'd either
speculative spoiler based on comics:
or kill him before they ever got there. And alas.

Glenn Rhee was the most shining example of goodness left on this show. Hardwick is always talking about how you don't want to be the example of moral goodness because that means you're just gone (RIP Dale, Hershel, Mika, Bob, Beth, and Tyreese), but in the back of my mind, I was always, "Well, sure, but there's always Glenn. He's the best of all of them." Should have known that would come back to bite me in the ass.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:58 pm

dionneshea wrote:

Glenn Rhee was the most shining example of goodness left on this show. Hardwick is always talking about how you don't want to be the example of moral goodness because that means you're just gone (RIP Dale, Hershel, Mika, Bob, Beth, and Tyreese), but in the back of my mind, I was always, "Well, sure, but there's always Glenn. He's the best of all of them." Should have known that would come back to bite me in the ass.

I really think the show needs Glenn, a beloved good guy. He brought a great energy to the show. A bad ass without being some kind of bonkers (ahem, everyone else). If he is gone, it's an enormous loss of the character and his actor, and that sane, good energy.

But if he's hiding under the dumpster, it's a cop out indeed.

I agree with those theorizing we're going to see Walker!Glenn. The last character transformed was Merle, right? No one else in the core group has been changed since Shane, I think.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:18 pm

Take this as you will:
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  snorf Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:29 am

But if he's hiding under the dumpster, it's a cop out indeed.

Yeah but I'm OK with it. It reminds me of that line from a Battlestar Galactica recap on TWoP when president Roslin was dying of cancer and the re-capper declared ".....I don't care if she gets shot, and it only hits the cancer, I need Laura Roslin" [paraphrased]

I need Glenn.

snorf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next