Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Walking Dead

+48
Fiammetta
Luciano
dday515
choubetcha
swsa
shanndee
Binky
Snarryfan
Shalamar
LadyGayle
BrightEyes
bbridges
CaroJC
chick binewski
salamandersam
dionneshea
violetq
QueenSix
Raised by wolves
Crackie
mandalaya
FiggyPudding
bookworm
The Dude
MaddyCat
jensa
Wildog27
josie
xyzzy
ActonBell
Matinee
spidey_88
CherryFlame
nikita
punkysdilemma
Bad Username
Cynara
gannetguts
truecrystal
biakbiak
themis
queenofdenile
RiverThames
MichiSichi
laddical
naughty zoot
sagitare
jcpdiesel21
52 posters

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Go down

The Walking Dead - Page 25 Empty Re: The Walking Dead

Post  MichiSichi Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:14 am

Does anyone know if it is like issue 100 as promised?
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:37 am

No one knows. They didn't show who got killed.

Such bullshit. And a boring 90 minutes leading to the bullshit. What a waste of time.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:40 am

They had some good points ( roadblocks) but why do a cliffhanger like that I don't get it
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:21 am

Purely to maintain hype. Narratively, though, it's cheap. It's just like the Glenn/magic dumpster moment a few episodes back, so it's not even novel or powerful.

Even the actors are claiming they don't know, but it will totally leak before the premiere airs because so and so won't be filming. That said, I bet it will also be like the Glenn/Magic dumpster in that the premiere and maybe even the next episode won't resolve it. Those will be about Morgan and Carol or Alexandria. Cheap, cheap, cheap.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:23 am

The should have taken notes from Game Of Thrones and the Red Wedding. People STILL talk about that episode and they didn't have to have any cliffhanger bullshit.

I guess I'll find out next month who died when it inevitably leaks.

I'm not done with the show...but I'm done being invested in it. Whatever.

Last edited by BrightEyes on Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:03 pm

Holy commercials, Batman! :( Clearly, extending the show to an hour and a half was done solely to sell more ad space because the actual show didn't seem to be any longer.

I totally get why they (or AMC) would milk as many advertising dollars as they can out of it, but the constant cuts to commercial really killed a lot of tension and build up (not that it matters I guess, since there was no payoff in the end).

I did enjoy Jeffrey Dean Morgan's performance as Negan and he was charming on the after show as well.  

Even the actors are claiming they don't know, but it will totally leak before the premiere airs because so and so won't be filming. That said, I bet it will also be like the Glenn/Magic dumpster in that the premiere and maybe even the next episode won't resolve it. Those will be about Morgan and Carol or Alexandria. Cheap, cheap, cheap.

Didn't think of that, but that sounds entirely plausible.

Also, not that I care all that much, but did they ever say where Tara/Heath are all this time? I know they went out on a run somewhere (coinciding with the actress' maternity leave, I guess?) but they haven't been spoken of in weeks.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:13 pm

mayram wrote:Holy commercials, Batman! :( Clearly, extending the show to an hour and a half was done solely to sell more ad space because the actual show didn't seem to be any longer.
I actually tweeted that during the episode. I swear it was 30 more minutes of commercials, not of programming. It could also simply have felt like that because the story kept circling the drain again, and again, and again.

mayram wrote:Also, not that I care all that much, but did they ever say where Tara/Heath are all this time? I know they went out on a run somewhere (coinciding with the actress' maternity leave, I guess?) but they haven't been spoken of in weeks.
To be fair, I think it's only been like a week since they left in show-time and they said before they left that it was going to be a long run. When Heath was introduced, wasn't he coming back from a three weeks or month-long run? I assumed it was going to be around the same length.

Alan Sepinwall floated the very cynical (but not completely out of the realm of possibility) theory that not saying who's dead could be a contract negotiations tactic by the producers. If the actors are up for negotiation, it could be an axe that they could dangle over their head. My doubt with that is that it's a show where the axe could technically always be dangling. I mean, they never kill off their core, but they say they could.

I think they killed off Abraham. He had all of those "let's live" moments in the episode, and he's a major character, but not an integral character. Honestly, who couldn't live without him. Which would suck for Sasha, but I'm hoping she'd bounce back. I wish they'd kill off Daryl. It's about time they lost one of the Atlanta 5, and I don't think it'd be Rick or Carl, and I don't want my precious Glenn to go anywhere. And let's face it, Carol's not going to die from a couple of bullet wounds or stabbings.

I haven't seen a single good review of the episode yet. Not even from EW which is usually so far up the show's ass it can't see daylight. I'm wondering if anyone on the show or at AMC even cares.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:40 pm

I think they killed off Abraham. He had all of those "let's live" moments in the episode, and he's a major character, but not an integral character. Honestly, who couldn't live without him. Which would suck for Sasha, but I'm hoping she'd bounce back.

I was thinking Eugene was going to bite it in this episode based on him stepping up to drive the RV and having all of those big, music swelling moments, but I didn't think that was going to be the big death scene. He could still be the one, but Abraham makes sense too.

I wish they'd kill off Daryl. It's about time they lost one of the Atlanta 5, and I don't think it'd be Rick or Carl, and I don't want my precious Glenn to go anywhere. And let's face it, Carol's not going to die from a couple of bullet wounds or stabbings.

Yeah, I think Carol's in the clear for now since she wasn't there and they probably wouldn't kill of 2/5s of the Atlanta 5 at once. Daryl's a possibility since he's got his new show on the same network, but I still feel like he's too big a draw. Basically, I think with the show being as popular and money drawing as it is, the decision is going to come down to name recognition over storyline purposes.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:00 pm

It's pretty much Daryl or Glenn.

I mean, here's what I see: over the course of the episode, we're shown the First-person POV of someone in the back of the trailer-- the four captured at the end of last episode-- intermittently until they are brought out. Glenn, Michonne, Rosie and Daryl. Then when the killing happens, same First-person POV. Suggesting that it's the same person. So that limits our options to those four. Negan's "taking it like a man!" line implies Glenn or Daryl.

I'm leaning toward Daryl, just because the POV shots suggest someone already injured and woozy, which Daryl was from being shot.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:47 pm

Negan said "taking it like a champ" not "man."

I think for it to matter the way they want it to, it has to be Glenn, Daryl, Maggie, Michonne, or Carl. I don't think it's the latter two.

My bet is it will be Glenn, Abraham, or Mullet Guy who's name I can't bother to look up. If they had balls it'd be Daryl but that's a massive waste of character and potential storyline from the character's relationship with Rick/Carol. I think Maggie would be the most interesting and brutal. If they are giant teases, it will be Aaron.

But mostly I don't care because they just did the cliffhanger with Glenn. So if he dies...big whoop.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:53 pm

If it is Glenn it would be like they tried to test his death with the garbage bin episode and see how fans react. If it is Darryl the Internet would melt faster than with a new Kardashian butt picture .... And if it is Maggie it would be interesting - it would be the opposite of the comics and would also "solve" the baby problem in another way than just a miscarriage.
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:35 pm

I don't think it can be Eugene or Aaron, because Negan gestures to his right when he speaks about feeding Carl's eye to Rick, but is standing in front of the person he's killing. Eugene and Aaron are both to the right (from Negan's perspective) of Rick to whom I think he's gesturing. I also don't think it's Maggie, because she's practically tucked into Rick's side, and Negan's not looking that immediately to the right. That leaves Abraham, Michonne, Daryl, Rosita and Glenn.

I think Rosita's a possibility because they never seem to know what to do with her character. Abraham had an awful lot of "goodbye" moments in the episode. But Michonne, Daryl, and Glenn would have the most emotional impact. It kind of depends on whether they'd have the guts to go through with it or not. If the writing on this show was stellar, it could definitely survive the loss of any of those three characters. But the writing being what it is... well, who knows.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:14 pm

I had remained spoiler-free, so I was relieved, though annoyed, when they killed off Abraham. I don't care for him, and the only emotional impact I saw his death having was on Sasha (and Rosita and Eugene). It's almost unfair to Sasha who has lost two boyfriends and her brother in the last year. Like, how much more is she supposed to take.

But then they killed Glenn. Glenn is my boo. He has been since Episode 2 of this disastrous show and will be even now that he's gone. And how unfair is that to Maggie. She's lost her father, her sister, and now her husband. The one bit of symmetry I did like, even though it made no sense, was Sasha being the one who insisted on going with Maggie to Hilltop. Because she's the other person who's lost the most. Also, fuck you, Daryl. I totally lay like, 80% of the blame of this on him. Stupid Daryl.

I didn't like the episode. Because so much of it was just Rick and Negan and making us wait to see who Negan had killed. I read a review that said, if they had killed Abraham at the end of last season and shown that, it wouldn't have built up this huge "who did Negan kill?" frenzy, but would have still gotten people hyped for this season. Glenn's death would have had even more impact and the premiere would have had the chance to live up to the hype that had been growing. As it was, they couldn't have possibly.

Also, Team Family is broken into four settings again (Alexandria, Hilltop, the Kingdom, the Saviors), and that drives me crazy, because it's their interactions that I watch for. Not the death and mayhem. I just don't think the writers get that.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:01 pm

You know what would also have made Glenn's death have more impact? Not having a six episode arc fakeout last season. I'm still angry about that. It didn't just undercut the shock and emotion of Glenn's death, it also undermines the "anyone can die" show philosophy that people love. Whoever was in the show writing room breaking that story should be fired.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:59 pm

It's so rare when it happens, but I actually really enjoyed the last episode. I find I enjoy the show more when it concentrates on the relationships between the characters than huge events happening. So, a nice, sweet episode with mostly just Rick and Michonne on a run - yeah, I can get behind that. (Stupid CGI deer aside.) There was so much smiling and laughing! The only thing I don't like about that, is that's usually when someone dies. If they kill off Michonne, I swear to Jeebus...

Oh, but Rosita needs to calm the fuck down. She already got Olivia killed. Who's next? I wanted her to get a story line, but this one is just so dumb. I was hoping when we got more of Rosita, it would be an interesting character portrayal, not just her making rash, stupid decisions time after time.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25