Royals

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Royals

Post  grayel on Sat May 02, 2015 3:36 pm

Alice was the name of the Duke of Edinburgh's mother. Charlotte could be a tribute to both her grandfather Charles and grandmother Carole.

The little one will be titled The Princess Royal when her great-aunt Princess Anne passes away.

grayel

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 on Sat May 02, 2015 5:09 pm

I like Alice and Charlotte. A few others bandied about that I thought were pretty were Caroline, Eleanor, Alexandra, and Andrea. (I'm a little biased on that last one as that's my middle name.) Then there's the usual Elizabeth and Victoria. I'm just hoping that if they do name that child after Diana that it's one of the middle names so as not to burden her. The crazies would probably have a shrine set up to record every time she remotely did anything like her grandmother.
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat on Sat May 02, 2015 6:44 pm

The Telegraph just posted a closeup and she already looks like her big brother. And not a bit like Winston Churchill, which is unusual.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Melk on Sat May 02, 2015 7:31 pm

In my heart I really think I ought to be a staunch Republican, everything about the concept of the royal family chimes against everything I believe in - and yet I bloody love them. They're worth the tax contribution just for the sheer enjoyment I get out of stuff like this. The new princess is very cute, but I just about died from the cuteness of little Prince George copying his father and waving to the crowd.
Melk

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat on Sat May 02, 2015 7:40 pm

Melk wrote:In my heart I really think I ought to be a staunch Republican, everything about the concept of the royal family chimes against everything I believe in - and yet I bloody love them. They're worth the tax contribution just for the sheer enjoyment I get out of stuff like this. The new princess is very cute, but I just about died from the cuteness of little Prince George copying his father and waving to the crowd.

Heh. I have no particular reason to be attached to the royal family but I feel exactly the same way. George in particular just kills me and I can't wait for future images of him with little Charlotte Elizabeth Alice Diana or whatever his little sister is called.

On ponies.

Like this!

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella on Sun May 03, 2015 8:42 pm

Yay, a girl, and such a cutie! George was adorable if a little overwhelmed by the crowd and cameras. I was surprised Kate left the hospital so quickly but apparently it's normal in the UK if there aren't complications (I can recall other British celebrities also going home later in the day after giving birth). The Daily Mail says they have settled on a name but won't reveal it until they tell the Queen in person. The "senior royal sources" say she has no expectation of being informed in person but it makes sense that she has to approve and they can't just name her Kylie or Hedwig, and Diana Camilla is probably out. The farther down the line, the less the name sounding suitably "royal" probably matters, since something catastrophic would have to happen for Peter Phillips's kids to be next in line. Allegedly, Beatrice was going to be Annabel before the Queen nixed it.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  grayel on Mon May 04, 2015 11:06 am

grayel

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat on Mon May 04, 2015 11:10 am

grayel wrote:Her name is Charlotte Elizabeth Diana.

Lovely! Three pretty names with sentimental connections, and the sequencing is nice, too.

Okay, People Magazine pretty much had a meltdown over George's adorable appearance outside the hospital. The pictures are repetitive but the captions are a lot of fun. Also, those cheeks!

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea on Mon May 04, 2015 11:36 am

grayel wrote:Her name is Charlotte Elizabeth Diana.
Hey, that's the name I predicted when she was pregnant with George! I should have put money on it.
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Mon May 04, 2015 3:08 pm

I really wanted Eleanor. She seemed like a bad ass queen (of both France AND England).
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 on Mon May 04, 2015 3:12 pm

Good names. Lovely tributes to her grandparents and great-grandmother. But please promise me that if they have a third kid that he or she will be named after people in Kate's family?
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  slmader on Mon May 04, 2015 4:33 pm

Pippa's middle name is Charlotte.

slmader

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken on Mon May 04, 2015 4:34 pm

I think it would depend on the chosen name but this might be one of the trade offs of marrying into the royal family. You and your children become part of the firm. There are some things you're just not going to be allowed to do and naming your kid Antoinette or Mackenzie is one of them.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheli on Mon May 04, 2015 5:26 pm

big chicken, that's what I figured about the familial names. Heck, my brother's kids are both named after his wife's family and not ours, and he didn't marry into royalty, just snobbery.

But hearing that Charlotte is Pippa's middle name is really nice. Good on them. I guessed it'd be Charlotte Victoria Diana but I was pretty close.

Charlotte is my daughter's middle name, so I'm taking it as a compliment. I'm a great name picker, guys. And halfway to royalty.

Sheli

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella on Mon May 04, 2015 8:55 pm

bookworm wrote:I really wanted Eleanor.  She seemed like a bad ass queen (of both France AND England).
The daughter on The Royals is named Eleanor and she's a hot mess. Not that I think that tacky show was a factor in what the real royals were going to name the kids, but the Daily Mail would've had a field day.

maxell131313 wrote:Good names. Lovely tributes to her grandparents and great-grandmother. But please promise me that if they have a third kid that he or she will be named after people in Kate's family?  

Kate's middle name is Elizabeth and as stated, Charlotte is also in the Middleton family. But on the surface, it is a bit reminiscent of Ginny just going along with whatever Harry wanted to call the kids.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan on Mon May 04, 2015 9:00 pm

If the third child is a boy please let them name him Albus Severus!

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Mon May 04, 2015 11:26 pm

I have to admit I find the name a little boring terms of predictability, because it's a lovely name. I am glad they tacked Diana on at the end, because I feel like the media really might manage to call her Charlotte Diana if it was second, but are unlikely to go "Charlotte Elizabeth Diana" every time.  I do remember that Diana's brother has a "Charlotte Diana" daughter, which I thought was kind of a jerk move since it was such an obvious choice for either of the boys if they had daughters. Not that I get the idea they are particularly close with the Spencer cousins.
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby on Tue May 05, 2015 9:58 am

But please promise me that if they have a third kid that he or she will be named after people in Kate's family?
Kate's mother is Carole, which is part of the same name family. One of the reasons I like Charlotte for the new little princess is that is honors both sides of the family.
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella on Thu May 07, 2015 10:34 pm

Princess Charlotte, already setting trends?
Princess Charlotte made her first fashion statement at just six hours old – and she's already doing things her way.

The newborn princess wore a handmade bonnet by Irulea, a high-end Spanish children's wear and home goods boutique.

"Yes, she is wearing it backwards," Irulea owner Ayajo Villar tells PEOPLE. "The part that surrounds the face should be on the neck."

The Daily Mail explores the Elizabeth in Kate's family.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheli on Fri May 08, 2015 10:21 am

I hate to sound stupid, but how is that bonnet supposed to be worn if not as pictured? Imagining it backward, all I can figure is that it'd be smothering the poor baby.

That being said, it is a very pretty bonnet. And if it really is a gift from George's nanny's mom, how sweet.

Sheli

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug on Fri May 08, 2015 3:52 pm

Sheli wrote:I hate to sound stupid, but how is that bonnet supposed to be worn if not as pictured?  Imagining it backward, all I can figure is that it'd be smothering the poor baby.  

That being said, it is a very pretty bonnet.  And if it really is a gift from George's nanny's mom, how sweet.

She might mean sideways.  If you look at the piping on the bonnet around Charlotte's face, I think the end is supposed to be on her neck.  The face opening does not have  border.  See this bonnett.

(I've spent a ridiculous amount of time on thinking about this myself.
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheli on Fri May 08, 2015 5:17 pm

OH! That makes total sense, thank you.

If I were getting lots of publicity for making the bonnet that the new princess wore in her first appearance since birth, I probably wouldn't point out that it was worn wrong. But maybe they think it looks really ugly the wrong way and want people to know they really design better than that?

(Also spending more time than strictly necessary thinking about this. But now that the name speculation is over, what else are we supposed to do with our time?)

Sheli

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 on Sat May 09, 2015 12:03 am

Gossip about who Charlotte's godparents will be? Try to guess what lavish gift Charles will give Kate for giving him a granddaughter?

Or discuss Prince Albert and Charlene's christening for their twins? Look to the wedding of Carl Philip and Sofia in Sweden in June? Await Princess Madeleine's new baby due this summer?
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella on Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:06 pm

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude on Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:02 pm

That is too adorable. What cuties!

Jude

Back to top Go down