Royals

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Royals

Post  Renny Sue on Tue May 01, 2012 7:30 pm

They're definitely going for it like bunnies, but whether they're trying to have a baby is another matter.

Renny Sue

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Thu May 10, 2012 12:39 pm

Prince Charles reads the weather. I think he's got a back-up career if the whole "King of England" thing doesn't work out for him!
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  allochthonous on Thu May 10, 2012 12:50 pm

ETA - Miss Moneypenny beat me to it! Pleasntly surprised to find that genuinely funny rather than cringeworthy, which is rather what I expected.
allochthonous

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby on Thu May 10, 2012 1:47 pm

That was, well, kind of hilarious. "Who the hell wrote this script?"
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  Genevieve on Thu May 10, 2012 2:52 pm

That was down-right diverting.
Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat on Thu May 10, 2012 4:35 pm

That really was funny! Also, I don't think I've ever thought before that Charles looks like his father, but a couple of times in that segment, I suddenly did!

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 on Thu May 17, 2012 10:44 am

I got a call yesterday that a delegation from Spain needs the space we have booked for lunch in a few weeks, and it includes Prince Felipe. My colleague and I have decided that we're going to sit outside the classroom all day for a "meeting" until he walks by. (They have to pass our classroom to get to the elevators.) We thought about issuing demands like, "we get to take a picture with him," or "he has to come speak to us privately in Spanish for 20 minutes," but then thought better of it, heh.
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug on Thu May 17, 2012 2:05 pm

I believe that we will need to have lunch that day Mokey! I can never pass up a good royal viewing.
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby on Thu May 17, 2012 2:45 pm

So, Vermont Country Store now has a Diamond Jubilee Tea Tin and a Diamond Jubilee Shortbread Tin. I have the tea and shortbread tins from last year's royal wedding, so I'm kind of obligated to get these, right? I think I am.
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  MLIS on Thu May 17, 2012 3:48 pm

Oooh, Prince Felipe is The Yum. Especially since he got rid of that beard he was sporting for a few years. Jealous!

MLIS

Back to top Go down

Post  eco on Fri May 18, 2012 11:52 pm

I only just saw that Prince Charles clip and I am laughing like anything. He did much better than I would have expected, although I think he was confused by the pointer he's holding in one hand (almost as funny as when he was doing art with the Duchess of Cambridge and left the hot iron face down on the paper - she had to pick it up for him).

Can't wait to hear if you manage a Prince Felipe sighting, mokey75. He's gorgeous. And tall. And gorgeous.

eco

Back to top Go down

Post  GoodbyeWithWords on Thu May 24, 2012 9:31 pm

GoodbyeWithWords

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Thu May 24, 2012 11:00 pm

Hee!!

My favorite was when the girl kind of starts giggling in the middle of instructing him. Like it just hit her, "Holy crap, I am teaching Prince Fricking Charles how to DJ."
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Wed May 30, 2012 12:39 am

Did anyone watch the ABC special on the Queen's Jubilee? I really wish they'd gotten someone other than Katie Couric to do the interviews, her style makes me cringe.

Also Prince Harry needs to stop talking about wanting kids...I'm ready dude!
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy on Wed May 30, 2012 2:59 am

I really wish they'd gotten someone other than Katie Couric to do the interviews, her style makes me cringe.
Ugh, yes. She does that annoying thing where she answers a question before she asks it. "I'm sure you missed your mother on your wedding day. Did you miss her?" Or, "You just celebrated one year of marriage. Has it been wonderful?" I mean, how the hell do you answer these questions? If this only occurred during orchestrated specials I'd be ok with it, but she employs the same style for real journalism. So obnoxious. I'm sure she thought that her faux-punches to the butler guy's arm and dumb jokes about royal traditions were high-larious, but it just made her (and, by extension, Americans in general) look disrespectful and uncouth.

In terms of portraying the Queen's character as a monarch, I think they did ok. I liked the video of her WWII work, playing tag on the naval ship, and the candid shots that showed her obvious affection for her husband. I expected them to show video from the 1981 Trooping the Colour incident, where 6 blanks were fired at the Queen during parade and she just calmed her horse and rode on with typical stoicism. The rest of the video selected was rather blah--lots of hand-waving, hand-shaking, and grinning.

And damn, I wish Her Majesty hadn't gotten her way with William's wedding attire--that other coat he wanted to wear was fascinating!
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Wed May 30, 2012 4:00 am

Was I the only one to look at old pics of Prince Charles and Andrew and be like wait people thought Andrew was the "attractive one," it makes me worry about Harry! Seriously Charles has aged well and didnt "youth" as poorly as remembered.
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 on Wed May 30, 2012 4:54 am

Did anyone else think Andrew got a little uncomfortable when Couric started in on the Queen's "difficulties with her family" in the early 90's?

William and Kate need to get on the baby train because that child needs Harry as an uncle.
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf on Wed May 30, 2012 5:01 am

I read an article about that this morning. Can't remember where, though. One theory as to why there's no baby as yet is that the rules of succession are being changed, and there could be some confusion if a girl is born before they're all down and solid. Apparently they need the whole Commonwealth to agree, and there's Montreal stirring things up with its talk of independence...

Or maybe they're enjoying life without children for the moment.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Wed May 30, 2012 10:50 am

xyzzy wrote:
I really wish they'd gotten someone other than Katie Couric to do the interviews, her style makes me cringe.
Ugh, yes. She does that annoying thing where she answers a question before she asks it. "I'm sure you missed your mother on your wedding day. Did you miss her?" Or, "You just celebrated one year of marriage. Has it been wonderful?" I mean, how the hell do you answer these questions? If this only occurred during orchestrated specials I'd be ok with it, but she employs the same style for real journalism. So obnoxious. I'm sure she thought that her faux-punches to the butler guy's arm and dumb jokes about royal traditions were high-larious, but it just made her (and, by extension, Americans in general) look disrespectful and uncouth.
When she was all "hey Harry can you just call your grandmother and ask for some tea" and it was all "hee hee, I know something British hee hee."

Lady how long have you been doing this? Why do you sound like a dumb teenager doing their first interview ever? Hell even a teenager would have played it cooler. Way to make everyone look bad Katie. I so wanted William to say interviewers like Katie, who asked dumb questions is why the Queen won't do sit-downs.

And damn, I wish Her Majesty hadn't gotten her way with William's wedding attire--that other coat he wanted to wear was fascinating!

Heh, yeah I thought the other coat was so much more interesting. Harry hiding the ring in his cuff was also interesting. I didn't know that.

TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken on Wed May 30, 2012 4:27 pm

Red Wolf wrote:I read an article about that this morning. Can't remember where, though. One theory as to why there's no baby as yet is that the rules of succession are being changed, and there could be some confusion if a girl is born before they're all down and solid. Apparently they need the whole Commonwealth to agree, and there's Montreal stirring things up with its talk of independence...

Or maybe they're enjoying life without children for the moment.

That could take years and I don't think they have that long otherwise the stories of poor, infertile heartbroken Catherine are going to start circulating. If I were Catherine, I'd totally troll the press. I'd wear a loose shirt once in a while. Complain about not feeling well in the morning. Make comments about a quesy stomach. Pat my stomach. Girl should get her fun where she can.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug on Wed May 30, 2012 5:26 pm

I've read that too, but with a twist. Apparently there is some concern about succession -- which whenever they vote, would be retroactive for Will and Catherine -- that has to do with naturally occurring twins. From MSN, May 17 (Wonderwall)

Kate could very easily produce twins: William's uncle Charles Spencer has identical twin daughters; his grandfather Lord Fermoy was an identical twin; on Kate's side her paternal grandmother had a twin sister (Peter Middleton, Kate's grandfather, rather charmingly married one twin while his brother married the other) and Kate's father Michael had twin Middleton great-aunts.

So if she were to have a girl then a boy in the same pregnancy, it's important to have the succession rules cleanly laid out.

I am now suitably embarrassed by my Will and Kate pregnancy rumor knowledge.
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  SarahJanet on Wed May 30, 2012 8:49 pm

Can you imagine the pressure on the doctors if they had twins and she ended up with a c-section? "No big deal or anything, but whichever one you get out first is going to be the future ruler of Britain." Ahh!

SarahJanet

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 on Wed May 30, 2012 9:00 pm

"Rock, paper, scissors on which kid we grab first?" -Doctor to Wills.
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges on Wed May 30, 2012 10:03 pm

What does William having twins in his family have to do with her possibly having twins? Journalists understand that isn't how it works, right?

Lots of married people wait to have kids, and this is kind of a busy year for the Royal Family. I wish the press wasn't going to make such a big deal about their childless state. There is a lot of time.
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf on Wed May 30, 2012 11:16 pm

Yes. Liz is still kicking along well, Charles isn't going anywhere, William is going strong. They can take their time.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top