The X-Files

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The X-Files

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:57 pm

Jessica wrote:
HOME! My friend's boyfriend says this was his favorite episode so far. I forgot how gross it is.

It's so gross/awesome. When I recapped it for TWoP, I was typing it with one hand over my face. It's REALLY gross. I'm always impressed that they managed to get ALL of that past the censors. Although they didn't rerun it ever, right?

The absolute worst part of that episode for me was that close to the beginning Mulder says the town reminds him of the Vineyard. I happened to be watching it on Martha's Vineyard, in my parents' secluded house the middle of the woods. Yeah, I didn't sleep at all that night.
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:54 am

Although they didn't rerun it ever, right?
They did rerun it, although it was a couple of years after the original airing. They advertised the rerun by saying things like, "Put the kids to bed! You have another chance to see the MOST SHOCKING EPISODE EVER!!" I don't remember if that was before or after FX started up, but the rerun I saw was definitely on Fox.
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed on Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:09 pm

I am home sick with a migraine today (which sucks) so I'm watching X-Files on the Kindle (which doesn't suck). And I would like to assure anyone who was wondering, Donnie Pfaster never, ever gets any less terrifying.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:37 pm

inversed wrote:I am home sick with a migraine today (which sucks) so I'm watching X-Files on the Kindle (which doesn't suck). And I would like to assure anyone who was wondering, Donnie Pfaster never, ever gets any less terrifying.

Oh, I know! I rewatched it last year, and found it as scary as when I first saw it as a teenager. So creepy.
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:25 pm

Man, I've been having bouts of insomnia lately and last night caught "Irresistible" at 2 am on BBC America. Let's say that it DID NOT HELP my insomnia. I forget how creepy that one was.
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:34 pm

I apologize in advance for the hazardously high nerdity level of this post.

Someone on YouTube named heckyes05 is in possession of, apparently, about ONE BILLION X-Files dailies, and has been posting them steadily for a few days now. None of this stuff has been out before to my knowledge. It's nothing mindblowing, but it's really cool if you enjoy stuff like dailies, which I emphatically do. It's just fun to watch them try to get the scene right, switch up the lines a little, fuck up, do takes slightly differently. Most of it is DD and GA. Some highlights:

Pilot, the "in the rain and the mud" scene. I cannot believe this saw the light of day. GA trying to get her lines right and looking like she's about to fall over. Apparently they were directed to HOWL AT THE MOON, which is so awkward I can't tell you; thank god it got cut.

Couch scene with Gogolak from Arcadia. There's a part 2 of this in there too.

Also from Arcadia, GA filming with the camcorder as she walks around narrating at the beginning. Fun to see the crew, etc. At first I was like "DUMBASS YOU CAN'T SHOW THE CREW" but then I realized they weren't (for the most part) showing what SHE was filming, they were filming HER, duh. Television magic!

Bad Blood, DD and Luke Wilson in the car.

Quagmire, in the car at the beginning. DD tries out a few different insults for Queequeg; GA keeps forgetting to hold up the file and has a mini-tantrum about it.

Aubrey, featuring a lot of old-timey clunky keyboard sounds and the eating of chicken (which, according to GA, is pretty good).

Bonus clip: GA is forced to do some kind of hilariously dated PSA about the recently invented Internet. I already posted this one to FB so some of you may have seen it.

There are like, 30 of them, and s/he keeps adding more; they're all on the poster's YouTube channel.
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:56 am

GA comes out as bi. Good for her.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:22 pm

And in a related story, someone at BuzzFeed worries that this will invalidate all X-Files fanfiction. (Really?)
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:26 pm

All fanfic? Strange. I remember this DS9 crossover that had Jadzia dax ending up back in time, and on Earth. This news certainly doesn't invalidate that one.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:26 pm

Red Wolf wrote:GA comes out as bi. Good for her.

Yeah, that's great and all but I'm sorry, I'm more stuck on the fact that her daughter is seventeen years old. Are you telling me that it's been seventeen years since we had the episodes where Scully was hiding behind extra flappable trench coats and it's been SEVENTEEN YEARS since Duane Barry left her on Skyland Mountain????

I feel old.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  tothemax on Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:44 pm

Red Wolf wrote:All fanfic? Strange. I remember this DS9 crossover that had Jadzia dax ending up back in time, and on Earth. This news certainly doesn't invalidate that one.
Moments like these make me wish I was more involved in fandom because WHAAAAAAAAAT?

Also, what QueenSix said. Ugh.

tothemax

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf on Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:55 pm

tothemax Here it is.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  tothemax on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:01 pm

Red Wolf wrote:tothemax Here it is.
Are you out of your fucking mind? Or is fucking exactly what you have in mind?

Well, that was epic. Thanks for the link, Red Wolf!

tothemax

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Tue May 08, 2012 11:32 am

I don't know why I find this so funny but I do. So there is a nice charity called National Doodle Day that raises money for NF research. Celebrities do little doodles and sign them and they are auctioned off. Gillian Anderson is somehow affiliated with it and she does one every year, and so does her daughter. It's apparent that she wanders around England with pieces of paper shoving them at celebrities and demanding that they draw things, because every year drawings appear from people she knows (this year, for example, the Once Upon a Time sheriff guy, whom she's doing a series with, and Rowan Atkinson, whom she did a movie with). A lot of the celebrity "six degrees of" trails seem to lead back to her.

Usually they just do a little goofy drawing; some people get more elaborate; some people seem to miss the point entirely and just send a head shot. One person, however, seems reliably incapable of producing anything resembling an actual drawing. This person is of course David Duchovny.

Last year he just wrote some thoughts about how he can't draw in unreadable handwriting in a circle. And then one year he just did some scribbles and then wrote "HOW DO I KNOW WHEN IT'S DONE?" It's nice of him to do it regardless -- I'm sure people still buy them. Not a visual thinker, that one, it would seem.
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Tue May 08, 2012 11:47 am

That is funny.

Those doodles are for a neurofibromatosis charity. Ever since she was on the X-Files, she was involved with them, because her brother, who is now deceased, suffered from that disorder.
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Tue May 08, 2012 12:06 pm

Yup. I've thrown many a coin at the TV screen during Scullythons for that cause. They lucked into her as an invested celebrity spokesperson, all right. Didn't she speak before Congress or something?
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear on Tue May 08, 2012 11:52 pm

I find DD's drawings extremely adorable, because I also couldn't doodle my way out of a paper bag.

Our Sunday Night X-Files Club is still chugging along; we're almost through the fifth season. I really remember liking this season, but on rewatch, there are so many bad and/or boring episodes. Plus this is where the alien mythology starts to seriously go off the rails.

HOWEVER, somehow I managed to forget that Burt from Raising Hope played a communist/alien in a 1950s flashback episode. That was a pleasant surprise.
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Wed May 09, 2012 12:23 pm

Unlucky Bear wrote:HOWEVER, somehow I managed to forget that Burt from Raising Hope played a communist/alien in a 1950s flashback episode. That was a pleasant surprise.
Did NOT even know that!! Probably because I only watched Travelers once, and my eyes were rolling most of the time so I didn't see very much of it.
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:28 pm

I've been doing a rewatch for the past week or so, and man, I still LOVE this show.

Ice still has to be one of my fave episodes ever. The paranoia, the isolation, Scully locking herself in a room with what could've been an infected Mulder, the show actually drawing longing and sexual tension out of them examining each others necks for alien larvae. It's so good.

I'm starting S2 now, with bitter, broken down Mulder and Scully trying to get through to him. She's being so supportive and amazing. And oh my heart, at that scene at the start of Little Green Men when they pass in the hallway and she says hi to him so hopefully and he doesn't even see her.

My heart already feeling pangs does not bode well for how the rest of this rewatch is going to go.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:51 pm

Our Sunday Night X-Files Club is still chugging along; we've taken breaks for Downton Abbey Club, Football Playoffs Club, and (coming up here) Game of Thrones Club. We're halfway through the seventh season, picked up two new members, and DEAR GOD are there some real shitty episodes. We watched "First Person Shooter" and "X-Cops" this past Sunday. FPS is so laughably bad. It makes very little sense, but dear god, did I see a lot of Jade Blue Afterglow's T & A. "X-Cops" was a group favorite, though. My friend's boyfriend is still hoping Dr. Bambi Berenbaum is going to make an appearance.
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:53 am

Her name is Bambi?

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:49 am

I missed Sunday Night X-Files Club.

Season 7 is so weird. Also it makes me sad because the whole time I was like "This season is so weird" and then it just descended into the purgatory of S8-9 and I would have paid a million dollars for like, FPS and Brand X back.

X-Cops is more fun than it has any right to be.
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:01 pm

I love a great deal of S7: Hollywood AD most of all, but also all things, The Goldberg Variation, Amor Fati, Vince Gilligan's genie episode (the actress playing the genie is deadpan hilarious and poignant towards the end), and Requiem I thought was kind of perfect ending, to me it IS the series ending. I much prefer my imagined conclusion to that than the stories they continued to tell.

I didn't even hate Samantha Starlight since I thought it was yet another obvious lie, but symbolically time Mulder let that go, just as he was literally making a baby with Scully.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:06 pm

[quote="Jessica"]
HOME! My friend's boyfriend says this was his favorite episode so far. I forgot how gross it is.

My friends BEGGED me to watch this show. So finally, I tuned in and guess which episode I got as an X-file virgin? FML.
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:10 pm

I remember when Home finally got re-aired in a marathon it was touted as "The episode that which has never been re-aired since the original broadcast but, because we're cable, we can air it!"

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top