Live Music

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Live Music

Post  blixie on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:27 am

I saw the Black Keys for the third time last weekend with Artic Monkeys (who were per usual really really cute and as Blur-derivative as ever) as they embarked on their first We Are Sellouts, uh I mean stadium tour, and they were as kick ass as usual save the opening number Howlin' For You. It's a fuckin' great song and should have been a KILLER in a stadium setting, but imma gonna have to say there is a whole lotta Danger Mouse magic on that track, that they haven't mastered how to re-create it live, because it was so so meek in person, and the crowd was the only thing saving it with their sing-a-long selves.

The boys totally made up for that though with three deep cuts from the back catalog and kicked major ass on Lonely Boy, Little Black Submarines, Ten Cent Pistol, and Tighten Up. I still rue the fact that three times I've seen them and three times they've never played The Lengths for me goddammit. It's totally a small smoky club song though so I wasn't really expecting on this tour.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:19 pm

WE GOT TICKETS!!!! OMG I am so adrenalized right now.

If anyone in the Boston area still wants to try, the direct link is http://tickets.waste.uk.com/Store/DII-3312-5-.html (for Mansfield, MA). It is loading VERY VERY slowly and timing out frequently. I had it up on four different browsers across two computers, and most of the time when I got it to reload it would say "sold out" for all four links (it's by section: section 2, sections 1/3, sections 5/6/7, standing), but I kept reloading and occasionally one or more of the sections would not be sold out. It took FOREVER but finally I managed to add two tickets to my cart and get through the ordering process. In sections 1/3! That's the FRONT!! The side, but the front! It hit my sister's credit card (I actually got to the "add your e-mail" stage on two browsers at the same time so I did one with each of our e-mails) so it's official, I guess.

It's still timing out/not loading well as of 11:15 EST, which I take to mean that there's still a possibility of getting tickets, because I think what's happening is people keep adding them to the cart (thus removing them from availability) and then it times out (thus putting them back in availability).

I feel like a cult member. Good lord. /me breathes laboriously
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:39 am

Why don't the Keys wanna sell out in L.A. of all places? It's the place everyone goes to sell their souls out! They're hitting up a few venues in California, but nothing in my actual city, and I'm not willing to drive to the Bay Area or anything for a show.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Thu May 10, 2012 2:48 pm

Tonight is the kickoff event of the Summer of Every Band IM Has Ever Loved (Except For The Police) Goes On Tour, Making Her Very Happy But Causing Her To Become Impoverished: Regina Spektor! I only know the one song off the new album so far, but I like it. Can't wait!
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Fri May 11, 2012 4:23 am

I hope I can score tix to the Florence + the Machine show at the Hollywood Bowl. I really wanna go!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Sun May 27, 2012 11:59 am

Saw Garbage last night with the lovely Miss Moneypenny and escape. IT WAS AWESOME. One of my favorite shows I've ever been to. Super high-energy crowd, and we were very close to the band. Even the songs I don't normally think of as my favorites sounded fantastic. Shirley came over to our side a few times and I think we made eye contact so I'M PRETTY SURE WE'RE BFFS NOW.

And on Tuesday I have Radiohead. Crazy!!
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Nedsdag on Mon May 28, 2012 7:04 pm

I'm seeing Radiohead on Thursday in Newark. I am so looking forward to it.

Nedsdag

Back to top Go down

Post  Escape on Tue May 29, 2012 9:03 am

Instant Monkeys wrote:Saw Garbage last night with the lovely Miss Moneypenny and escape. IT WAS AWESOME. One of my favorite shows I've ever been to. Super high-energy crowd, and we were very close to the band. Even the songs I don't normally think of as my favorites sounded fantastic. Shirley came over to our side a few times and I think we made eye contact so I'M PRETTY SURE WE'RE BFFS NOW.

And on Tuesday I have Radiohead. Crazy!!

SO AWESOME. I would venture to say it's in my top 3 shows that I've ever been to. The energy of the band and the crowd together was pretty amazing and it was over way too fast.

You and Shirley are definitely BFFs. I saw it happen.

Have fun at Radiohead!
Escape

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Tue May 29, 2012 11:50 am

Escape wrote:SO AWESOME. I would venture to say it's in my top 3 shows that I've ever been to. The energy of the band and the crowd together was pretty amazing and it was over way too fast.

You and Shirley are definitely BFFs. I saw it happen.

Have fun at Radiohead!

Definitely in my top 3 as well. So, so fun. It was great to see how much the band loved playing in front of such an enthusiastic audience. I loved how each band member came out after the encore to high five with people.

And Instant Monkeys, I also saw the moment you became BFFS with Shirley. You and the guy in front of Escape and I shared an "OMG, Shirley looked right at us!" moment. It was adorable.
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Wed May 30, 2012 3:06 am

I can't wait to see Jason Mraz and Florence + the Machine in October!!!!! (Same weekend, too!)

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  dday515 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:28 am

whatthedeuce wrote:I can't wait to see Jason Mraz and Florence + the Machine in October!!!!! (Same weekend, too!)

It took me a minute to realize it was two separate concerts. I was halfway to ticketmaster to find out where and when they were playing TOGETHER!

dday515

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:41 am

That? Would be cray cray and so awesome. Sorry for the temporary confusion though, dude!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:18 am

I went to see Fiona Apple last night. She was great, and she can still sing her ass off. And even though I am 37 years old and was sitting next to my husband, there was more than one moment where I felt like I was transported back to my angsty 20s, crying over some dumbass boy who screwed me over.

Also, she is tiiiiny. Seriously tiny. We had third row seats, so she was right there, and I swear she weighs as much as one of my legs.
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:21 pm

Rick Springfield is playing a free concert on the Esplanade tonight. 11 year old me is giddy. 42 year old me will have some cocktails, and then be giddy.
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:03 pm

I saw a Rick Springfield show for free a few years ago, and it was pretty fun! Let me tell ya, dude sweats A LOT. He was climbing over the seats and touching people's hands, and he was all sweaty when he hovered over me and my sisters. We only knew "Jessie's Girl," but we still really enjoyed the show. We screamed like teenyboppers and kept yelling that we wanted to have his babies!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe on Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:35 pm

Dude puts on a pretty good show, I have to say. He did an excellent cover of "Jet" which is the best Wings tune ever. Danced my silly ass off. We were up front for the first half, and then an old college buddy posted on FB that he was working sound for the show, so we spent the last bit hanging out behind the soundboard, which was awesome.

He is in AWESOME shape for a 63 year old guy, but good lord the Botox!
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:45 pm

Rick is 63?! I'm amazed! I thought he was early 50s or so when I saw him, but he must have already been about 60 by then. He is certainly way more energetic and enthusiastic than I am, and he puts on a very lively show!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:49 am

The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:10 pm

I try not to be snotty about grammar and shit. I REALLY do.

But I think this comment kind of says it all.
Im a Juggalo, I've been down for 12 years, But im also a software Engineer and Developer... Im Making more than most peoples enitire families these days... Regardless Youre opinion of the Talets Sceduled, For SOME the line up is Stupendious!

Any Promoter who´╗┐ can Recruit that many *Mainstream" artists to play is awesome. You are STRICTLY looking to say something negative
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Menshevixen on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:16 pm

I have tickets to see Nightwish and Kamelot in September, and Regina Spektor in October. It's going to be a good autumn.
Menshevixen

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 pm

I wish it were October already because I have 3 shows I'm really looking forward to: Black Keys (Oct 6), Florence + the Machine (Oct 6), and Two Door Cinema Club (Oct 25).

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:10 am

Awww, I love Two Door Cinema Club. Hope you enjoy them!
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:05 pm

Thanks! I bought a ticket to see them last year but didn't end up going because I didn't want to go to the show alone. It just would've made me feel too awkward.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:47 am

Saw The Afghan Whigs on Sunday night and OMFG so amazing, as usual. Opened with with Who Do You Love/Fountain and Fairfax, hit up heavy on 1965/Gentlemen and made my life by playing 66 in the encore. The only bad was the Cleveland crowd was hipster douchebags who don't dance and some pyscho wanted me to "stop rubbing up on him" when I was merely dancing in a confined space and accidentally touched him twice, and the girl next to me literally made the crazy sign and said "Oh no, you can not, like, TOUCH him." UM, maybe if you have personal space bubble issues you shouldn't be at a general admission rock show frakin' crazy pants. I guess that balanced out the chick who told me I was an amazing dancer during the opening (awesome David Lynchian) band Silencio. Also met some awesome chick and we bonded over seeing Helmet in 1992.

Sigh I'm really gonna have to find tickets to the sold out show in Detroit and may try to swing the NYE show in Cinci if not sold out yet. If you are a fan and have never seen them, seriously GO.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  chibimanda on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:33 pm

I got to see Kimbra live in downtown Ventura on Sunday night. She was excellent! She has such a powerful voice, and she sounds exactly like her CD. It was standing room only in Ventura's downtown theater, which was cool. The only thing that really sucked was that there were these girls who literally slipped in front of me and my friend at the last second. They were of course taller than us, so then we couldn't see the stage. Also, since there wasn't much room to begin with, they were so close to us that one girls hair was practically in my mouth. My friend and I told both girls that we weren't having that shit, and to move. Thankfully, they did, otherwise there would have been a scene.
chibimanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top