Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Good Wife

+17
snorf
biakbiak
bookworm
Snarryfan
Heather
mrinsouciance
Never Enough
truecrystal
blixie
dionneshea
choubetcha
Poubelle
whatthedeuce
MichiSichi
alexdegenhardt
laurelin_kit
BreezyK
21 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Good Wife - Page 2 Empty Re: The Good Wife

Post  mrinsouciance Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:10 pm

I loved the part where Will's sisters decided Kalinda was his mysterious girlfriend.

I can't decide if Peter's political hire is the beginning of paving the way for Cary to leave the SA's office, or whether he's going to hang around long-term and be the proverbial "survivor."

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:53 am

I love this show dearly, and am enjoying more than ever, but first we had them try to convince us that somewhere in Cook County is a deep rocky gorge with a waterfall (pretty hard to find throughout the state) and this week I'm supposed to believe the Addison stop is out near the suburbs and not, say, right next to an iconic ballpark. (Seriously, there's plenty of less famous Red Line stops they could've used. Or just make one up! Because that train and its station certainly weren't anything like the L.)

Though technically the real Addison is near Alicia's old house--on ER, iirc, Nurse Hathaway lived in Wrigleyville.

Other than the issues with my geographic suspension of disbelief, this episode was amazing. Matthew Perry was great, I loved how Howard came back into play, and I really hope next week starts right where we left off, because I'd hate to miss the surely epic confrontation between Alicia and Jackie. I can't wait for all the fallout next week. I suppose she's buying the house so Alicia and Peter can be living in it together again when he runs for governor.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:22 am

So I just caught up on all this seasons episodes, and while I'm probably enjoying this one more than I have the last two, how is it possible the Kings have found a way to give Kalinda an even more mind bendingly ridiculous story line than sex eyeing and bat beating Blake. And the continue to waste Cary, while giving us 9 & 1/2 Weeks of Nick. I will totally belabor that maybe they just need to go with what works: Cary/Kalinda, Kalisha, and three of them *working together* at work, together.

Spoiler:

On the plus side they've cut back to just the right amount of Grace/Zach/Eli/Jackie, and Maura Tierney/Nathan Lane have been fab additions again because they've been used sparingly and in an entertaining/intriguing ways. I am also so still weirdly pro Peter/Alicia, but no matter how douchey Chris Noth can be in a variety of roles, I kind of love Mike Logan forever.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:06 am

And the continue to waste Cary, while giving us 9 & 1/2 Weeks of Nick.

Nick could only dream of being Mickey Rourke's John.

It's bad enough that they're wasting Cary and Cary/Kalinda (have they even had a scene together yet?), but we're this many episodes in and I don't even see the *point* of Nick. I think they think they're telling some dark story about sexual power dynamics and blah blah blah, but instead it feels like the Kings' "thing" is to see if they can get away with at least one how-did-this-make-it-on-network-tv sex moment a season. We already know Kalinda's sexuality is part of her arsenal and that she can be violent] and that she wants to keep her marriage A Big Secret. So this thing with Nick has exactly what storytelling purpose?

Other than that I'm enjoying this season. I love Diane and Will's relationship so much and I'm glad that it's gotten quite a bit of attention.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:33 am

So after bitching about Nick and the lack of Kalinda/Cary they gave me something to work with, on both fronts! Hee. Watching Cary get his glow on around her is so fucking cute, and her not telling him about Nick because it's complicated? And Nick using the exact same phrase Cary did regarding his feelings for Kalinda? I can live with the layer that part of her is drawn to Cary because he does remind her of Nick which also makes her keep him at arms length, since she wants to avoid falling into whatever patterns were inherent there. She can play those games with people she's not invested in, but she doesn't want to do that with him. And then Cary had some great stuff with Nathan Lane too, and looked really hot in his hoody-shirt. Basically this episode benefitted from actually using him for once.

I loved the main storyline with LeMond Bishop too, he's one of televisions best kind of bad guys, like Luther on Homicide, a killer and a criminal but so intelligent and charismatic, and even human/compassionate in their way that you find yourself unwillingly yet easily giving them the benefit of some small doubt that they aren't THAT bad.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:20 am

I felt so bad for Lemond Bishop's kid. Nobody's coming to his birthday party and he doesn't know why!

I cannot take any more of Kalinda's fucked-up relationship with her annoying husband. Please get rid of him already. Speaking of fucked-up relationships, what the hell was up with the gym receptionist/informant lady apparently disappearing for days with her boyfriend? Uh, that's not normal. Maybe he got mad enough and killed her. I'd go for him or the underling (now there's somebody who should be toast) trying to protect his secret steroid business over Lemond.

Loved seeing Nathan Lane's character get to kick ass with his CPA skills. And how happy it made him.

Also, I'm guessing we're going to get a lot more of Jill Flint now that she's been written off of Royal Pains. Is she actually just using Kalinda or is that something the husband came up with? I don't see him as a reliable source.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:21 am

I was so thrilled that Nick was hardly in the ep. I'm so sick of him and Kalinda's stupid S&M relationship or whatever the fuck is going on with them. The writers must know how frustrating that storyline is getting to be. People have been waiting to see Kalinda's ex, and he's been on for several eps now, and we still know pretty much nothing about their marriage. Also, I really hate seeing the Fed lady (always forget her damn name). I don't care if she's using Kalinda or really into her. Just make her go away already. I can't believe that even after Lemond Bishop pretty much threatened her cuz of what the Fed said to him, Kalinda still sleeps with her!

On a happier note, I loved seeing something substantial and personal about Cary. His dad is a real bastard, dude. I can't believe he wrote Cary off since Cary was 18 and then expected him to just roll over and do him a favor. Asshole. I did geek out when I saw John Shea's name though cuz I always remember him as Lex Luthor on Lois & Clark!

Last but not least, Julianna Margulies has a great laugh. It has a slightly throaty, husky quality to it, and hearing her laugh with Peter always makes me smile. I love when those two are getting along!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:03 pm

I'm really curious where this is all going with Amanda Peet -- my concern is that it's going to end up about her accusing Peter of improper behavior or something. Which is a shame because I really like Alicia having girlfriends, although I know drama is the show's foremost goal, and I actually kind of like believing that Peter has turned over a new leaf. Chris Noth will be great in the part either way, but I don't really like the idea of Alicia getting suckered again.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:13 pm

Heather, that's exactly what I'm concerned about, too. I don't want Peter to slide back into his old ways, esp. with a new friend of Alicia's. I hope that doesn't happen!

I do have to say that Geneva looked very irritated when Peter hired Peet's character right on the spot. She'd already thought that there might be racial bias towards certain people last season when two of Peter's staff canoodled in his office, and the fact that he overlooked Geneva for Cary's vacated spot may very well become a topic of controversy since it's now been filled by a white woman. And with so little fanfare and forethought, too. Peter basically glanced at her resumé and welcomed her aboard because he'd heard good things about her from Alicia while Geneva's busted her ass at the SA's office for years now.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:31 pm

She'd already thought that there might be racial bias towards certain people last season when two of Peter's staff canoodled in his office, and the fact that he overlooked Geneva for Cary's vacated spot may very well become a topic of controversy since it's now been filled by a white woman.

Yeah I think that is more what it's about. His back room dealing attitude and using his power for preferential hiring. In the private sector that stuff is probably expected but in DA's office I think it's going to be a problem, and may circle back to Kalinda (because I'm sorry I'm just not buying all there was to their hook up was a ONS, I think they have other secrets together).

Loved Cary/Alicia sharing and drinking together, and for no reason in particular when she mentioned him being a jerk four years ago I flashed back to 16 Candles. "A lot can change in a year. You could come back next fall as completely normal person." And I mean I LOVE Cary, but hee.

The rest of the episode was a hot mess of random.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:52 pm

I feel terrible for Geneva. It must be so frustrating to be overlooked repeatedly when she's been putting in the hours and effort at the SA's office for so many years. First, Cary came in and swooped up the ASA position, and now Laura Hellinger's done the same thing!

I am really enjoying Hayden Clark, but man, he can be a bit terrifying when he starts throwing around vague threats. I wonder if he'll continue trying to lure bigger fish to buy out the firm. He seems to now officially be at war with Will and Diane about their firm's future. They'd disagreed all throughout this season so far, but he seemed to have their best interests at heart. Now it seems more like he's double dealing them for some other more ungainly reason though he justifies it as still trying to help the firm stay afloat.

So is Maddie Hayward supposed to have manufactured the Indira Starr/Peter affair scandal, so she could swoop in and declare her candidacy while he was vulnerable, or are we to think that she really did just change her mind about Peter once the rumor started circulating? She seems like a very calculating woman, and I don't believe her when she says she genuinely wanted to be friends with Alicia. I'd much prefer a confirmation that she's a true mastermind of political strategy. That would be wickedly awesome!

I love that Cary and Alicia are now back to being good friends. I'd missed their close dynamics from S1, and I liked seeing that he took her advice to meet with his dad even though that ended up going very badly for him. I hope we see more of Cary from here on out because he hasn't had much to do this season. I'd especially love to see him interact with Kalinda more, like they did in S2. They had such great chemistry, and I liked that she could depend on him for help even when they were on opposing sides.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:40 pm

I think it's going to be a problem, and may circle back to Kalinda (because I'm sorry I'm just not buying all there was to their hook up was a ONS, I think they have other secrets together).

It was hinted at, way back in the first season, that Kalinda may have played a role in procuring for Peter, judges, etc... And it makes me think that more secrets about Peter's first downfall may come about now that he is running for Gov.

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:27 pm

Were Kalinda and Peter having an affair or did they allegedly only sleep together once? I can't recall it ever being fully stated that they only engaged in a ONS.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:13 am

I'm finding myself angry at this season. This whole Kalinda storyline is so stupid, made even more stupid by poor-ass casting with her husband. I couldn't care less about the Florrick kids, and honestly, I'm finding the whole Lockhart Gardiner firm kind of insufferable. I was actually rooting for Amanda Peete and Judd Hirsch this episode and I really don't think I was supposed to.

I want Kalinda's husband gone now. NOW. A friend and I were brainstorming the other day about actors who would have been a better choice (mine was Jonathan Rhys Meyers, hers was John Simms), but a lot of it isn't the acting. I mean, I think he's doing the best that he can with the stupid material that's been given to him. However, I am finding him more whiny and petulant than scary and dangerous. And that is the casting. Like, what is wrong with Kalinda?! How can she be attracted to this idiot?

And now with Cary? Good God. He's the last likable character on this show and now they're dragging him into this ridiculous storyline. Awful. Just awful.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:25 am

Agreed on that episode, if not the whole season, there is a lot they are doing this year that I like, the election and the Nathan Lane I'm enjoying, I liked the intro of Hellinger as Felicia Jr, and I'm pretty sure while I could still do with never seeing another Florrick child plot in my life, at least THIS one interests me slightly in that she is remotely acting like a normal teenager, even if her hot bab boy looks about 29.

I think the Kings throw 20 balls in the air and think if they catch two we are supposed to be impressed. Like end an episode with a brutal ass kicking of Cary and then preview funny ha ha times for Thanksgiving? Mmmkay.

I think Mark Warren is doing his best but his lines and scenes and everything is just SO BAD. He can't even personally beat up his own perceived romantic rivals, he has to hire someone else to do it? (Yes I know he just didn't want Kalinda know he was behind it, but like she won't totally know anyway?) Unless it's a woman, and then can trash their place and threaten the shit out of them? He's like Sonny Corinthos, Midget Mobster, super gross.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:17 pm

I'm so mad at Kalinda. I know she doesn't want it known that this guy is her husband, but how could she not tell Cary? She knows Nick meets with Cary regularly and that he is crazy jealous and that he has specifically begun to fixate on Cary. And Cary has been probably her best and most loyal friend. How could she not give him the heads-up there? Did she really NOT think her violent husband would eventually beat him up? I see why she didn't tell, as I think she doesn't want to lose Cary's good opinion, but I'm still mad about it.

(Also Cary is so perfect in everything he does. I loved how he dealt with Nick getting personal. Smile, smile, not answer the question, and then smile him right out the door until Alicia could join them some other time.)

I have moved onto the next stage of dealing with Grace storylines, which is giggling that she has YET ANOTHER new one. None of them ever connect to the rest of the show or matter but where other shows would have given up on the kids long ago, Good Wife has a new Grace story in the pipeline every week. Next week, Grace joins the circus!

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:21 pm

The whole Kalinda thing undoes, for me, the two seasons of work they did making her so intriguing. I didn't really WANT an explanation of why she is the way she is. It was more fun to accept it and wonder. Worse, they have made nothing clear. I THINK it's supposed to be that they're sexually drawn to each other, so they can't resist even though they each make the other turn into a worse person. But it's coming across as a complete mish-mash.

I DO think we were supposed to leave the episode upset with Lockhart-Gardner, though. I think they were playing with the fact that generally in any given episode, we're rooting for the home team, so they made it that by the end we were actually sort of disgusted by them. I liked that twist of making L-G go out on a limb to save themselves by becoming the bad guys, and then finding out they did it for nothing.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:05 am

It's definitely been a bad move on Kalinda's part to keep Cary out of the loop about her crazy ass ex. She knows he's a jealous psycho who's trashed the apartment of a woman that she'd been involved with (an FBI agent, no less!), and she thinks he won't flip his shit when he sees her laughing it up with Cary in the office? Really, Kalinda? Besides that, the writing still gives us no indication whatsoever of why the hell these two people were ever together. Yes, they like sleeping with one another, but Kalinda still can't really let him go even though he keeps proving what a jackass he is this season. All that intrigue built around her in the first two seasons, and now it's all unraveling. Except not really cuz we still don't understand what the big deal is about her husband besides that he's an ex-con. There's no way the Kings are oblivious about the audience's dismay over that particular storyline. Could they possibly have some sensible progression that will lead to a satisfying conclusion to that marital horseshit story?

On a similar note, would it be okay for Grace to have a storyline that actually intertwines somehow with anything else going on in the show? I'm guessing her being tracked will lead to more trouble for Peter's campaign or something because barring that, there's nothing relevant about her and this Connor kid. It'll be like the waste of time plot with her tutor last season.

I'm so grateful that we're finally seeing more of Cary this season. He handled the situation with Nick quite well, just smiling and looking bemused while the idiot rambled on about Cary being gay. I wish he'd punched Nick in the face, but maybe it happened in the latest ep. Guess I won't know until I catch up tomorrow.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:23 pm

I sure liked him better as Danny Blue in Hustle! The guy does psycho heavy well, even if the storyline is not up to the show's usual standards.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  choubetcha Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:11 pm

Not enough Cary followup but PLEASE LET DAVID LEE BE ALICIA'S NEW DADDY.

choubetcha

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:27 pm

Oh, man - David Lee. That guy is all sorts of awesome. I want to say he's underused on the show, but I'm afraid if they used him more he wouldn't be half as hilarious.

Cary has always been a favorite of mine, but the character and the actor have really blossomed during the course of the show. I remember him from Gilmore Girls, and always thought he was good but he's much, much better now.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:57 am

but like she won't totally know anyway?)

Oh, wow, conveniently for the purposes of fucking over Matt Czuchry she DOESN'T know, because he didn't tell her. I kind of can't believe the Kings found a way to make me even more pissed off by the whole story line with Nick, but yup they did. Their solution to wrapping it all up is to cut out the entire piece I care about (Cary/Alicia/Kalinda) and leave in a bunch of scenes with Mark Warren?

All while the screentime that should have gone to Cary/Alicia/Kalinda is doled out to Alicia's stupid stupid children and a story about Eli that I honeslty just don't care about. People I understand that Alan Cumming is fun, but I'm not invested in him enough to warrant his own personal story line. Not to mention they dropped two of the big stories that WERE working: Maddie and Nathan Lane. Worst showrunners ever.

God help me we were treated to yet ANOTHER pollyana lament from Alicia *to* Will about the nature of being a freaking LAWYER. Wake up an smell the amorality that Will swims in..and barely sweats.

Will/Hellinger were the only thing I enjoyed about that episode. I hope Hellinger has drinks with Alicia and tells her all about banging him before realizing she and Will have a history, and Alicia can get al prim and pearl clutchy with Will, because she's more caricature at this point than real flesh and blood human being.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:49 pm

I actually didn't think the Maddie storyline was working that well. I wonder if they just could only afford to pay those actors for X number of episodes, so they're trying to spread them out over the season -- in Maura Tierney's case, if she's running against Peter, they'll need her a lot later.

But I agree I don't care about Grace. I LOVE Jackie and her boy toy, though, they crack me up to no end.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:22 am

mrinsouciance wrote:Oh, man - David Lee. That guy is all sorts of awesome. I want to say he's underused on the show, but I'm afraid if they used him more he wouldn't be half as hilarious.
I get torn about wanting him on the show in every single ep, and of course, acknowledging that he's probably so effective as a character and as comic relief because of the fact that we don't see him every week. I cracked up watching him and Alicia's mom flirting. If they actually end up dating, I would die from the inevitable hilarity of him and or the mom telling Alicia way more than she cares to know about either of them!

I can't believe Kalinda doesn't suspect that Nick had Cary assaulted. I'd like to see her step and try to protect him like she always does whenever Alicia's somehow caught in someone's crosshairs. The whole storyline with Nick was just senseless and sloppy. It's really disappointing how all this hoopla about Kalinda's mysterious ex has turned out to be a major waste of time that reveal nothing about her, really. Except that she maybe enjoys S&M, which people could probably guess at without having to actually see Nick's dumb ass.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:04 am

But Florrick, Agos, and Associates sounded so good! It was like my dream show.

Poor Cary. I'm so mad at Alicia for not showing solidarity. I mean, I get why she didn't, but still. Poor Cary.

And ew, to the Will-Alicia kissing. I never thought I'd say this, but I much prefer her with Peter. I don't even know why, I just do. And if there was going to be hot kissing in the Lockhart Gardiner offices, why couldn't it be Cary and Kalinda?
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next