iPod Shame Files

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: iPod Shame Files

Post  mayram on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:54 pm

whatthedeuce wrote:Raksha, it's a song that always lifts me up a bit whenever I hear it. Nothing shameful about listening to it repeatedly. It's Journey, dude!

Totally! Journey is such a shared guilty pleasure that it can hardly be called "guilty" really.

My favorite Journey story came from a friend who saw Velvet Revolver when Scott Weiland of Stone Temple Pilots was still with the band:

The best part? About 3/4 of a way through, the lead singer asked people if they dug Stone Temple Pilots. A big WOOOOOOO from the crowd. Then he asked them if they liked Journey. Noticeably more silent and a couple of boos. Then the guitarist started playing the opening riff for "Don't Stop Believing" and the whole crowd was singing along loudly, "Just a smalltown girl, living in a lonely world, she took the midnight train going anywhere . . ." To which the lead singer responded by cutting the music and saying, "You fucking liars!"

No matter if they'll admit it, I think most people rock out to this song when it comes on. :)

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:42 am

I was rocking out to Separate Ways on the drive home from work. Everytime that song kicks up, I just get so amped! You know the real shame is if anyone out there doesn't have Journey on their iPod. They're missing out!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:10 pm

I was planning to be all superior and judgy-pants, until I remembered that "Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'" is one of my all time favorite songs to sing in the car.
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:11 pm

Not feeling so high and mighty now, are ya?

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username on Tue May 28, 2013 12:32 am

Islands in the Stream. It might be lame, but it's sung by two very talented people, and it just makes me happy.

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai on Tue May 28, 2013 10:38 am

That reminds me - I had my iPod on shuffle at work the other day and got "Dark Lady," by Cher. There's something you don't hear every day.
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Tue May 28, 2013 11:29 am

It's not quite shame, but I had "Wait" by Sarah McLachlan come up in the car this weekend (sometimes I just shuffle all my songs and let the iPhone go nuts). My thoughts went "Oh man, this fricking song. Fast-forward?" "...Eh, I haven't heard this in a while. Fine." "...Memories! Is it 1996? Am I reading an X-Files fanfic right now? I used to really love this song, heh." [chorus comes on] "WHEN ALL WE WANTED WAS THE DREEEAAAMMM, TO HAVE AND TO HOLD EACH PRECIOUS LITTLE THING..." Like, the chorus started and I COULD NOT NOT BELT IT OUT. It was muscle memory. And I gave in and sang the rest of the song and all the lyrics popped up in my brain right as I was singing them like karaoke. Haven't heard or even thought of that song in probably close to a decade.
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Tue May 28, 2013 6:32 pm

I have Big Time Rush on my iPod now, guys. Mothereffing Big Time Rush from that Nickelodeon show. And I gasped out loud when I heard their song "Boyfriend" at Kids Footlocker last week. I'm 28, and I shop for kids shoes and get excited over teenybopper music. What is my life now?

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:26 pm

We watched the Boston Strong concert over the weekend, and I should be ashamed of the number of NKOTB songs I now have on my iPod. But really, I'm only ashamed of Popsicle. Ahem.

(Also, my favorite part of the whole concert was when Donnie Wahlberg pointed at a dude in the crowd and jokingly said, "that guy just said 'man, I really hated those guys 25 years ago.' Yeah, well, your girlfriend loved us then, and now your wife does." Hee!)
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  MtOlivePickles on Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:53 am

I can't get Pom Poms by the Jonas Brothers out of my head. Send help.

MtOlivePickles

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:52 am

Considering how popular they were a few years ago, it's odd that I've never once heard a Jonas Bros song before.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:07 pm

I'm reading I Want My MTV, which has opened the flood gates of guilty pleasures of 80's New Wave and Hair Metal when I couldn't get the TV away from my sisters so I could watch GI Joe after school. That and Journey's Separate Ways.

Styx really did suck though.
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:06 am

Separate Ways is an incredible song. I say that without a trace of irony.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:08 am

whatthedeuce wrote:Separate Ways is an incredible song. I say that without a trace of irony.
And hopefully without air keyboards too. That video...

Van Halen hits some troublesome feminist nerves, but those guys were so much fun back then,

Apparently Relax had a sexual subtext.

Hard to imagine an era when the kids were listening to Hall & Oates and Lionel Ritchie
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  oxymoron on Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:39 pm

I only have one thing to say right now....

She ran calling WIIIIIIIIIIIIILD_FIIIIIIIIIRE!

oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe on Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:47 pm

oxymoron wrote:I only have one thing to say right now....

She ran calling WIIIIIIIIIIIIILD_FIIIIIIIIIRE!
I may or may not have had a stick-horse named "Wildfire" when I was five.
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top