Television Without Pity

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Television Without Pity - Page 9 Empty Re: Television Without Pity

Post  Crowbridge on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:25 pm

They are the nitpickingest assholes on the planet.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:03 am

It's really just the self-righteousness and the total lack of humor that makes it so hard to read. Obviously there is NOTHING wrong with mocking Sandra Lee. But this isn't even mockery, it's just utter hatred. For hundreds of pages.

I also find it really rude when someone will actually talk about trying out a recipe and having it be a success, just to have a half-dozen posters chime in with how vile it looks and how they can't imagine how anyone could eat it, but you know, obviously SOME people, those with less refined pallets, must be able to stomach it.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:55 am

On the bright side, the Dallas recaps are quite good. Concise, funny, and they manage to actually let you know what happened in the episode while still leaving room for a bit of commentary and observation.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:20 am

Decca wrote:OMG she loves her brother?! That witch!
She's Sersie Lannister in an apron!
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:45 am

On the bright side, the Dallas recaps are quite good.

They really are. I'm enjoying the hell out of them, and I grinned when the recapper said that she stood up and cheered when the theme music started. Heh.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:52 am

Decca wrote:Well in their defense, she is a lady on television. That seems to be enough. I guess.

She knew what she was doing, going on tv, doing a cooking show, as a woman. Ugh.

The food channel threads drive me crazy but at a certain point I just have to laugh. I see the same people posting multiple times a day about how awful this show is or how awful the FN is or how they can make that with their eyes closed because they are all trained chefs who have nothing better to do than watch shows they hate and bitch about them nonstop.

Stop acting like the fact that the judges on Next Food Network Star want someone who is likable on tv versus a experience chef who clams up and looks stiff and uncomfortable on screen is a surprise. This is not Top Chef. No one cares what the food tastes like as long as the person can sell it to the home audience. This is not brand new information! I'm still trying to figure out what's so harsh about Nikki on the NFS.

For some reason the seem to think being snarky means being over the top hateful. You don't hate it to be snarky and have fun with it.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  BreezyK on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:23 pm

MY only problem with Nikki on NFNS is that the judges keep dinging her for being "too professional," when I think she is so great that she could go right into production now (I have not seen this week's ep yet). She is definitely tv-ready which is what they've really prioritized in the past! I like the new set up of the show this year too and how the teams really reflect their guide's "personality."

Whoa, sorry that got really off-topic, I guess I had some feelings to share on that show :)

BreezyK

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:41 pm

I agree. I like Nikki because like most of the winners she has a clear POV that she is sticking with, I love that it's grilling because they usually only have the guys busting out grills on FN so seeing a female do it would be nice and I like that she's polished and tv ready. She totally works for me which means she'll get dropped soon.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:52 pm

I see the same people posting multiple times a day about how awful this show is or how awful the FN is or how they can make that with their eyes closed because they are all trained chefs who have nothing better to do than watch shows they hate and bitch about them nonstop.

The thing is, a lot of them have no idea how to cook which makes their abuse of the FN celebrities that much more lulzy. A few years back when I still posted at TWOP one of the most vociferous haters of Rachel Ray and Ina Garten honestly believed that parmesan cheese only came in cans from Kraft.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:16 pm

A few years back when I still posted at TWOP one of the most vociferous haters of Rachel Ray and Ina Garten honestly believed that parmesan cheese only came in cans from Kraft.

Butterbeans!!!! She was so crazy over the to that I kind of miss her.

I don't understand why they want the hosts to be so diverse. I don't need to see Ina Garten cooking authentic Chinese or Rachel Ray making meals in crockpots, both frequent suggestions.

The Barefoot Contessa thread is back to making crazy proclamations about the state of her marriage based on what they observe in a scripted cooking show!

biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:21 pm

I also don't really need every show on the network to be focused on low-fat, healthy food. Frankly, the shows that DO focus on that are the ones I never watch. I watch Food Network to vicariously experience all the food I'm too lazy to make or that I just want to fantasize is in front of me as I eat my yogurt, okay?
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:29 pm

Anyone ever read the 'Movies Without Pity' threads? Apparently, there are posters there who are still calling Angelina Jolie a huge slut for "stealing" Brad from Jennifer. How long ago did this happen? Why are they still talking about it? IDEK.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:10 pm

Still?? Yeah the MWP threads have an interesting mix over there.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:48 pm

End of an era, TWOP does away with the Troll Patrol and Forum Traffic Court and goes to a behind the scenes report function.

I shall miss the easy ability to read batshit insane posters in threads I don't read.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:32 pm

So I'm not the only one who treated it as a spectator sport? Nice to know.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:30 am

So I'm not the only one who treated it as a spectator sport?
Hee! Those threads were one of the best things on TWOP, they were a one-stop-shopping experience for the viewing of internet crazy.
Tabby
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:53 am

My favorite troll report ever was the one about how someone in the ER forum was posting as the helicopter who had severed that one doctor's arm. Glark said there wasn't anything in the rules about pretending to be a vengeful helicopter so he wasn't really a troll. I remember the days when TWoP had a sense of humor.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Esseilte on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:32 am

Firstly, I can't believe they let Jacob recap 'Bunheads'. Actually he shouldn't be allowed to recap anything.

However, I now hate him forever. He just called Sutton Foster (or at least her character) 'middle-aged'. Specifically a 'middle-aged kook'.

We were born on the same day. I hate Jacob.
Esseilte
Esseilte

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:30 am

Whaaat? I just looked her up on IMDB, and she was born in 1975. That makes her 37. The hell? Since when is mid-to-late-30's "middle-aged"?
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:45 am

Especially since, according to his Facebook page, he's only three years younger. So he's probably lying, full of shit, trolling, or any combination of.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:06 am

Hes crazy though. He once called Joanna Garcia ratfaced and went off on tangents when he did American Idol about how some people deserved to and needed to be bullied.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:01 pm

Note to self: don't read this Jacob guy's stuff.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarker on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:35 pm

mrinsouciance wrote:Note to self: don't read this Jacob guy's stuff.

If you think Jacob is bad, try reading Damien's Supernatural recaps. They're nothing but idiot blather about some imaginary gay dragon, interspersed with whining about the wipe effects with a few complaints about the actual show. I never thought I'd say this, but Jacob's pretentious overanalyzing is starting to look good.

Snarker

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:43 pm

Confession time: I've been enjoying Jacob's True Blood recaps lately, because they remind me a lot of PrincessCleo's "Movies in 15 Minutes" style. (That's meant to be a compliment for Jacob and not a hit against Cleo, by the way. I love her stuff.)

But yeah, Demian's Supernatural recaps are horrible. I told my husband about how they were full of a screamnig gay dragon named Raoul - he thought I'd gotten heatstroke, since I was obviously babbling and delirious.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Jacob varies between remarkably insightful and unbearably pretentious in his recaps, so I'm willing to give him a shot when he takes on a new show. Demian is consistently negative on absolutely everything, seemingly confusing snark with spite, and wit with bitterness.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum