I am not.

Sun and Jack JJ. IT HAPPENED.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Television Without Pity - Page 16 Empty Re: Television Without Pity

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:42 pm

I'm not ashamed to say I shipped Sun and Jack for a little bit. Jin was a jerk at the beginning!
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:14 pm

They did I think have some hate sexy tension in that episode where they were trying to get Boone to live. Actually do you guys remember that time in season one they were CLEARLY trying to test the waters with Michael/Sun?

I totally think they were headed in a different direction with Jin and Sun as characters but Daniel Dae Kim made them rethink that. WHICH IS FINE. That is a good thing, he was fabulous. But TWoP gets REALLY angry if you don't have everything explicitly mapped out. Like, I'm all for knowing where you are going but if they didn't change things around due to fan reaction we'd have had Michael Emerson for only a handful of episodes and the Saga of Niki and Paulo for three seasons so....
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:42 pm

I thought Michael/Sun were going to get together on the show in the first season but they backed off it a lot.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarker on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:02 pm

I've settled into a pattern where I watch it because of Matt Bomer's face (and, occasionally, naked torso) but I really don't care for it, and as a result I get a little crazy when I see people talking about what a good show it is and how much depth it has. Of course, I usually just close the tab and move on (i.e., seethe silently for a while and then yell at my fish) instead of peeing on someone's fannish fun, but it's really difficult. I know I should just stop watching and save myself the aggravation, but Matt Bomer's face. I can't.

I hear ya, blooey. The man pretty is what's been keeping me watching Supernatural this season.

Speaking of SPN, the mod administered a long-overdue smackdown of the rabid Deengurls, flat out telling them to knock off the Sam-hate. The boards been a lot quieter since them.

Snarker

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:24 pm

I'm not ashamed to say I shipped Sun and Jack for a little bit.

No one should live in shame about The Greatest Love Story Never Told.

See, totally not kidding. Then Foxy turned into a raging dick brain who bangs strippers and punches lady bus drivers in the boobs/baby maker and now Jack/Sun is in fact shameful. Dammit.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:59 am

nazlan wrote:
Eris Rising wrote:Come to think of it, why didn't the writers go for the detailed Kate/Claire romantic endgame that I made up in my head?

Because they hate you personally. And also they are hacks who shouldn't have jobs.

I should sue Lindelof and Abrams for not living up to my objectified adolescent fantasy!
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:05 am

Snarker wrote:
I've settled into a pattern where I watch it because of Matt Bomer's face (and, occasionally, naked torso) but I really don't care for it, and as a result I get a little crazy when I see people talking about what a good show it is and how much depth it has. Of course, I usually just close the tab and move on (i.e., seethe silently for a while and then yell at my fish) instead of peeing on someone's fannish fun, but it's really difficult. I know I should just stop watching and save myself the aggravation, but Matt Bomer's face. I can't.

I hear ya, blooey. The man pretty is what's been keeping me watching Supernatural this season.

Speaking of SPN, the mod administered a long-overdue smackdown of the rabid Deengurls, flat out telling them to knock off the Sam-hate. The boards been a lot quieter since them.

ooh, thanks for bringing that up. I went and read it. Niiice. This was my favorite part:

As of today I am officially banning the words “woobie” and “whitewash” when used in reference to your opinion of Sam and how he is characterized on the show.

Yep, banned. As you will be if you use either one of those words. THIS IS YOUR WARNING

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug on Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:11 pm

Why is JACOB, of all people, weecapping "Pretty Little Liars?" Really? Is it that existential? To wit:

The point of this episode is what you do when somebody moves on, because other people's lives are much larger than just your part in them and this is hard to accept. Some of us go looking for answers, like Spencer's current existential crisis: A story big enough to contain you both. Some of us go about our business, like Hanna, who already had this conversation with Ali's ghost and Mona's shade. Some of us shove it down and repress, like Emily who still hasn't dealt with her murder of Cousin Nate because she's too busy dealing with his murder of her girlfriend Maya. And some of us, like Aria, just roll around in the bed of the departed, waiting for his hot age-appropriate brother to show up.

It's a fluffy show!!! PLUS, an 18-page weecap for a show that basically has the same premise week to week?
mialoubug
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby on Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:52 pm

So, when I try to go to TWOP today, I get sent to Google. Have they been hacked?
Tabby
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug on Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:56 pm

I'm in it now and have been for about 20 minutes. I'm using Firefox, if that makes a difference.
mialoubug
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby on Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:58 pm

Interesting. I was able to get there in Firefox, but Safari keeps kicking me to Google.
Tabby
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  UmaOprah on Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:59 pm

Oh good, I thought my work decided to start blocking random websites. I'm using Chrome and it's still kicking me to Google.

UmaOprah

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:00 pm

Me too! I have just tried on my phone through safari so I thought it was AT&T telling me I am using too much of my unlimited data!
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:14 pm

Boo for this happening but yay that it's not only me it's happening to. I'm using Chrome too.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:14 pm

Every time I try to visit TWoP today using Firefox the site is blocked.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:18 pm

Me too and Safari is going back to redirecting to google.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:21 pm

The same thing was happening with ohnotheydidnt for a couple days. I wonder if it's the same issue.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  KaveDweller on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:33 pm

Chrome keeps telling me it is blocking the site because it has malware. Glad it's not just me, since my computer has been acting weird lately.

KaveDweller

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:54 pm

This was happening at ONTD and Fark.com and a few other places because of ads they hosted, I believe. My guess is the same at TWOP.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  VictorLaszlo on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:11 pm

It's the ads -- a similar ad-serving issue took out a bunch of fairly prominent sites a couple of years ago. Though I don't know why they're not shutting all the stupid ads off until their ad broker fixes the problem.

VictorLaszlo

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar on Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:27 pm

I really miss TWOP, I won't lie. This hack must've been epic. They were up (at least on Safari) for a while, now they're back down again.

Have you seen their Facebook page? It's turned into a free for all against TWOP Howard, with a "mod THIS, motherfuckers!" attitude. It's kind of awesome.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:36 pm

Like "turn out the lights" thread on original Snarkfest levels?
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:44 pm

Can people not get on TWoP at all? Cause it's working fine for me. I just had to click through the warning. I did the same when it happened on ONTD and didn't have anything go wrong.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Luciano on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:01 pm

I could get on it (the mobile site's forums, anyway - haven't tried the regular site) but am not doing so because they confirmed that there was indeed malware injected into the site's code a few days ago. They haven't said that it's been all cleared up yet so I'm staying away, especially since it seems to still be going up and down.

Luciano

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum