Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Television Without Pity

+129
themis
festivus
punzy
dinahmoe
MaddyCat
Caramel Coffee
Gallifrey Girl
truecrystal
eventide82
Maria De Salle
BrightEyes
Muggsy
Corellderaan
rivki8699
Salieri
Lily Rose
CindyMc
GoodbyeWithWords
jstilwe
megageek
The Mighty Peanut
00redsvt
oxymoron
Mulva
Snarryfan
More Cowbell
Jude
naughty zoot
dionneshea
SarahJanet
winncienzo
Author By Night
greensock
Pumpkin Cake
violetq
Pop'n'Fresh
Luciano
VictorLaszlo
Binky
KaveDweller
QueenSix
UmaOprah
mialoubug
Fraoch
Coneycat
Raksha
draco vulgaris
Swarley
emrie
NoNotreally
Shadowlass
Jamie
VodouDoll
laddical
darthtall
Carrie Ann
Lancer
Sheli
Raised by wolves
Gillian
Matinee
Nerg
LadyGayle
Snarker
Esseilte
ActonBell
The Dude
MLIS
nazlan
Heather
Francie Nolan
Decca
Miss Moneypenny
Never Enough
flore
Red Wolf
Red Ghost
SelfAmused
Wildog27
bosoxgirl
Cutebutpsycho
whatthedeuce
Corvus
BreezyK
Siena
Tabby
jaraga
Putli Bai
xyzzy
Renny Sue
Unlucky Bear
gannetguts
PrincessCleo
Poubelle
Kiran
bbridges
snorf
pamchenko
Arabella
screamin
mo pie
MtOlivePickles
tothemax
jcpdiesel21
maxell131313
Luthien
Algae
swsa
Eris Rising
mayram
punkysdilemma
Ji Xiang
big chicken
biakbiak
blixie
roly
TiffanyNichelle
Melk
Instant Monkeys
blooey
Crowbridge
queenofdenile
mrinsouciance
ulkis
Jessica
skittlebox
Gilraen
RiverThames
Shalamar
133 posters

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

Television Without Pity - Page 18 Empty Re: Television Without Pity

Post  whatthedeuce Tue May 07, 2013 2:00 am

TWoP and LJ must be in cahoots. Everytime they try to update something, it all goes to hell and worsens the sites.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf Tue May 07, 2013 3:08 am

That's upgrades in general, I've noticed. They always seem to worsen functionality instead of improving it. Not limited to TWOP or LJ. Also, I get the occasional big outage, but for the most part the site works perfectly for me. Still, if it isn't working well for you, that's annoying.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Luciano Tue May 07, 2013 4:47 am

The new forums just make my mobile browser crash. Oy.

Luciano

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue May 07, 2013 11:24 am

I feel like everything crashes since I upgraded my stupid iOs, and upgrades on different sites are not helping. Sucks.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Thu May 23, 2013 3:17 pm

I don't know if this has been posted or not but I haven't seen it. Apparently, Sars and Wing are back to talking about television online! I couldn't think of another place to post this. I haven't had a lot of time to explore the site completely but from what I can see there are no forums (big surprise!).

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  winncienzo Fri May 24, 2013 4:32 pm

I haven't done a ton of looking around yet, but to me, they aren't doing anything that the A/V Club and Vulture and a million other sites at this point, aren't already doing better. Granted, they kind of invented the style, but the arena is a lot more crowded now than they left it when they shuttered Fametracker and sold TWOP. I really enjoyed the Extra Hot Great Podcast though. I was kind of obsessed with the Canon and would gladly tune in to just that feature once a week.

winncienzo

Back to top Go down

Post  mo pie Sat May 25, 2013 12:00 am

The more creative-writing type stuff (like "Candelabra Spinoffs We'd Like to See" or the prediction posts) is not my favorite. I do enjoy the analytical articles, and I don't mind some overlap with AV Club, since I will gladly read one million articles analyzing, say, Smash. (Don't judge.)

I am holding out hope for an Extra Hot Great-style replacement podcast. That was a great, great podcast. I miss the Canon and Game Time so much.

mo pie

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:56 pm

Oh, awesome, Jacob did the recaplet for the most recent Mad Men - and it's just as rambling and incoherent as ever. I reeeeally hope he won't do the full recap.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  SarahJanet Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:34 pm

I have completely stopped reading recaps on TWoP. I used to be an absolute devotee back in the day, but the delay for them to go up makes them pretty useless in the face of competition from so many other sites. Between the AV Club and Sepinwall (my favourite) and Vulture, by the time a TWoP recap goes up I have already lost interest in the previous week's episode. The only exception to this instant gratification need is the If This Episode Took Place on Facebook series, because I find them hilarious and I'm quite willing to wait for them.

I'm not sure this says very good things about the way my attention span has withered over the years, but it is what it is.

SarahJanet

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:02 pm

Shalamar wrote:Oh, awesome, Jacob did the recaplet for the most recent Mad Men - and it's just as rambling and incoherent as ever. I reeeeally hope he won't do the full recap.
OMG, I was just coming here to complain about that very thing. Why, why, why?! Couch Baron and I, while having some differences in the past, are of the same tribe. We have the same opinion on so many things, I really can't handle if he's handing Mad Men over to Jacob. Hopefully it's just a one-time thing. I enjoy Couch Baron's Mad Men caps.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:58 pm

I never thought the recaps on TWoP were funny. I've always stuck to the forums.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:46 am

Shalamar wrote:Oh, awesome, Jacob did the recaplet for the most recent Mad Men - and it's just as rambling and incoherent as ever. I reeeeally hope he won't do the full recap.
I just marathoned seasons 1-5 and was reading the recaps to get caught up so I can start watching as it's broadcast when I got to the most recent recaplet. And it was incomprehensible. I didn't realzie til afterwardsthat Jacob had written it. I could not figure out what drugs Couch Baron had taken to come up with that pile of crap.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:53 am

I miss laughing at Third Watch, Deadwood, and The OC recaps. Those were the days!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:06 pm

Who was the one who did the Roswell recaps? Was it djb? I remember laughing so much over those that I couldn't breathe. I think those were the Mighty Big TV days, though.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:41 pm

Whoa, I forgot the site had a different name before! The recaps were uproarious back then!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:41 pm

I still have fond memories of Omar G's Smallville recaps.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:50 pm

Huzzah, Jacob didn't do the full Mad Men recap, Couch Baron did! On the other hand, Jacob DID do The Killing. Sigh. Can't win 'em all.

I have to say, I hated Montykins' latest Game of Thrones recap. Considering what an OMGWTF episode it was, his (?) recap was very much a "and then this happened and then that happened" type. Boring.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Author By Night Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:57 pm

Crowbridge wrote:I never thought the recaps on TWoP were funny. I've always stuck to the forums.

I used to enjoy them until I realized they were becoming more and more cynical. I read one that was seriously like "I hate this show. I hate this show." (Ugly Betty.) Then the recapper quit and nobody else ever recapped UB, even though it was still on for another season or two.

Author By Night

http://author-by-night.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:43 pm

I still have fond memories of Omar G's Smallville recaps.

Yup, I think Omar kept things fun and sexy for the duration he worked for MBTV/TWoP. I loved that when he found himself getting even *remotely* wound up about the shows weaknesses he took a breath and was like WHATEVER it's *Smallville*, I award Gayest Looks of the Episode, how mad at it could I be (or should ANYONE be)? You know he does Tech Reports for NPR now? Love him! I also read his early Third Watch recaps.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:09 pm

My sister and I used to laugh til our sides ached reading his Third Watch recaps.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:18 pm

I award Gayest Looks of the Episode

Man, I miss the GAYLEs.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:58 pm

I read one that was seriously like "I hate this show. I hate this show." (Ugly Betty.) Then the recapper quit and nobody else ever recapped UB, even though it was still on for another season or two.

I KNOW! I loved Ugly Betty and was totally bummed that they stopped recapping it. And what was to hate? It was a harmless, sweet, funny show. Gah.

I have to say, I really like Potes' Nashville recaps. She obviously loves the show and its characters.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:22 am

SarahJanet wrote:I have completely stopped reading recaps on TWoP. I used to be an absolute devotee back in the day, but the delay for them to go up makes them pretty useless in the face of competition from so many other sites. Between the AV Club and Sepinwall (my favourite) and Vulture, by the time a TWoP recap goes up I have already lost interest in the previous week's episode. The only exception to this instant gratification need is the If This Episode Took Place on Facebook series, because I find them hilarious and I'm quite willing to wait for them.

I've said elsewhere, a lot of there success came from being one of the few places that did what they did at the time. No competition allowed them to pretty much set the bar wherever they wanted in terms of quality control, punctuality and general professionalism. That's not the case anymore. Ergo, I haven't felt an urge to go over there to check out what's being said about any show. Or to the new site, either. (I did check it out, but found nothing that appealed to me.)
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  More Cowbell Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:11 pm

I liked it better before Sars, Glark, etc left and they added so many new moderators. The moderating levels are all over the place. Last Sunday a moderator deleted dozens and dozens of posts, and issued a bunch of warnings, in the Game of Thrones episode thread for anyone who mentioned the word "book" (as in, "I was surprised because I haven't read the books.") But she left posts like "I've been waiting for years for this scene," "I knew this was coming from other media," etc., that IMPLY there were ever books. A post in the mods thread said not to discuss the books, but apparently that just means "mention the word book."

More Cowbell

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:05 pm

For those interested, the old TWOP crew has started up Previously.tv I haven't spent any time there, but for God's sake, it can't be any worse than what exists over at TWOP now.

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next