Re: Television Without Pity

Post  Eris Rising on Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:13 pm

I, too, agree with Eris Rising.

EDIT: Wait...damn.
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram on Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:16 pm

TiffanyNichelle wrote:Is it wrong that whenever I see a group of posters posting one after the other at the same time on TWoP, I start to wonder if they are sockpuppets? There are these two groups I see that always post together and always agree and now I wonder if they aren't just two people talking themselves. I'm just waiting to see which one gets tripped up.

This is a totally random example, but I swear the Diana Degarmo thread in the American Idol previous seasons area is one person using five or six sockpuppets. Every time I'm clicking through that section to see if anything interesting is going with any of the former Idols, that thread is always near the top even though I doubt too many people even remember that girl and it's a little "group" of people who all have identical posting styles and who are way dedicated to the minutiae of Diana's "career".

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  MtOlivePickles on Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:10 am

I do not know how I would have never considered the sock puppet accounts before. Back when I was first seriously online, I posted a lot at pop fan boards, and on one in particular people would make second accounts as jokes and then be all "LOL, it's just [username here]" and it was all in good fun. Thinking about that now is making me wonder a lot about some of the more heated threads I remember reading way back when.

MtOlivePickles

Back to top Go down

Post  mo pie on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:57 pm

Does anyone know where the TWoP Sucks boards relocated to? (They were at Bitter But Brilliant last I checked.) I was going to go see if people were talking about TWoP Howard taking over the moderation of the Glee boards. The Glee boards are crazy anyway, but Howard is not planning to reopen the spoiler threads, saying the casting of Rachel's dads isn't a spoiler which is confusing people who were going by Gadget's rules, editing threads for spacing?

mo pie

Back to top Go down

Post  screamin on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:00 am

They went thataway, mostly.

screamin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:04 pm

Jacob isn't recapping American Idol this year. And talk about a forum with no action anymore. That place has been moderated to death (though admittedly there has been a lot of crazy through the years).

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:56 pm

Arabella wrote:Jacob isn't recapping American Idol this year. And talk about a forum with no action anymore. That place has been moderated to death (though admittedly there has been a lot of crazy through the years).

Is Jacob still with the site? I haven't seen anything by him on there, or any comments/complaints about him over at T-Sucks and the new site for a long time.
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:29 am

I just popped over to see if they were recapping Downton Abbey. They're not. Considering the critical acclaim and general hipness of the show (Patton Oswalt live-tweets as he watches the thing, for God's sake), it seems that they've intentionally given up all claim to being the go-to recap site. That's kind of sad.
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  pamchenko on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:21 pm

Eris Rising wrote:I just popped over to see if they were recapping Downton Abbey. They're not. Considering the critical acclaim and general hipness of the show (Patton Oswalt live-tweets as he watches the thing, for God's sake), it seems that they've intentionally given up all claim to being the go-to recap site. That's kind of sad.

You can put yourself into a funk by reading the Downton Abbey thread, though. Actually, it's mostly okay, but sometimes the So Historically Inaccurate and Why Aren't There More Characters whining makes me want to slap my computer. It's a fictional TV show, my God, people, relax.

pamchenko

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:28 pm

pamchenko wrote:Why Aren't There More Characters

WHAT? How many characters do they WANT? Seriously, there's enough shit to keep track of on that show.
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pamchenko on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:30 pm

RiverThames wrote:
pamchenko wrote:Why Aren't There More Characters

WHAT? How many characters do they WANT? Seriously, there's enough shit to keep track of on that show.

Well, that might not be quite accurate, but some people are always whining about how come the girls don't have any friends, and why don't we ever see the family involved in the community and blah blah blah. In some ways I take their point, but let's be honest about what that means-- More Characters.

pamchenko

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:59 pm

And don't forget about how a house of Downton Abbey's size would have many, many more servants! It's just not historically accurate!!!

biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  pamchenko on Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:29 pm

biakbiak wrote:And don't forget about how a house of Downton Abbey's size would have many, many more servants! It's just not historically accurate!!!

Also, why don't we ever see them in London?! Oh man. It's annoying.

pamchenko

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance on Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:47 pm

In 1919 they should be caught up in the Black Sox World Series scandal! It wasn't all about the Spanish flu that year!

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  pamchenko on Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:49 pm

mrinsouciance wrote:In 1919 they should be caught up in the Black Sox World Series scandal! It wasn't all about the Spanish flu that year!

Actually, seeing Lady Mary involved with the Black Sox Scandal would be awesome. And I don't even like baseball.

pamchenko

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance on Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:04 pm

It'd be more like hard-luck Lady Edith unwittingly being swept up in the scandal. Heh, that actually would be fun, and no more outrageous than the mysterious burned-up heir to the estate plot.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  snorf on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:11 pm

it seems that they've intentionally given up all claim to being the go-to recap site. That's kind of sad..

I had this exact thought when I went in search of Homeland recaps.

snorf

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:20 am

pamchenko wrote:
Eris Rising wrote:I just popped over to see if they were recapping Downton Abbey. They're not. Considering the critical acclaim and general hipness of the show (Patton Oswalt live-tweets as he watches the thing, for God's sake), it seems that they've intentionally given up all claim to being the go-to recap site. That's kind of sad.

You can put yourself into a funk by reading the Downton Abbey thread, though. Actually, it's mostly okay, but sometimes the So Historically Inaccurate and Why Aren't There More Characters whining makes me want to slap my computer. It's a fictional TV show, my God, people, relax.

Yeah, I glanced in there. It was the typical assortment of eyeroll-inducing petty complaints and bizarre readings of the various characters. Also, I was impressed by the fact that they managed to get a stickied warning of "Do NOT talk about subject [x]" in such a short period of time.
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  pamchenko on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:31 am

I'd totally forgotten about/blocked out the endless pontificating about whether or not Pamuk raped Mary. Jesus Christ, people. Nothing at all in the story line, writing, or acting indicates that Mary thinks she was raped, so shut up already. This is an internet discussion about a TV show, not your personal forum to show off how much you learned in Women's Studies that one semester in college.

My new favourite is the "people think Michelle Dockery is pretty? Really?" What.

pamchenko

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:28 am

Wait, are you telling me there are people who don't think she is pretty?

They did have some good book recs in that thread but I got really tired of how much they go over the same things over and over again. That's kind of my problem with the whole site. Everyone has to share their opinion even if it has already been said twelve times.
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:44 am

Oh, wow. I had forgotten about that aspect, from back in the days of Fametracker: people acting like perfectly lovely actresses were somehow unattractive.
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:07 am

I still remember their two actresses one role for Keira Knightley and Kate Bosworth and how they acted like Keira Knightley and Jonathan Rhys Meyers were both hideously ugly rodent like creatures.

I was like damn the rest of us must be total rejects.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:44 am

Weren't these the same folks who were claiming Hilarie Burton on White Collar was grotesque? I couldn't wrap my brain around that one.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:08 am

If Hilarie Burton is grotesque, I'm just going to go live under a bridge with the other trolls.
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:37 pm

To be fair I'm not sure they used the term "grotesque," but gist of it was that she was generally unattractive. Which ... no, to put it mildly.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top