Upcoming Films

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Upcoming Films

Post  mokey75 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:25 am

When I first saw the trailer for Tower Heist (the name of which I can never remember until I see another preview, btw), I thought maybe it was Charlie Murphy.

As for Adam Sandler, the Funny People thing occurred to me as well. I'm pretty sure he just sits around with his buddies and comes up with movie ideas while high. My brother's girlfriend's dad is a firefighter in NH, and one of his co-workers hung out on the set of Chuck and Larry - he's been boys with Sandler since they were kids, and I guess he was consulting or something, I dunno. But the rumor was that he had to take some extra days off, because he never would have passed a drug test when he first came back.
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:34 pm

Directed by Brett Ratner.

The assurance of mediocrity, right there.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:48 pm

Warm Bodies

I hope it's meant as some kind of parody. Because otherwise, I imagine that it's proof that God hates us and wants us to be miserable.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  laurelin_kit on Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:56 pm

It's not. It's based on a very well-reviewed piece of YA literature.
laurelin_kit

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:19 pm

Oh Jesus, we're doing sexy zombies now? I give up. At this rate by the time the ha'penny is a teen, they'll probably have, like, Sexy Cthulhu.
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:25 pm

Checked it out at Amazon, it does look interesting. But I can't take it seriously - it has to be intended as satire on some level. A zombie with an internal monologue? Who eats the brain of a victim and absorbs his "love" for this girl and decides to protect her? And he's "R" and his best friend is "M" and the girl is named Julie?

Maybe the novel is intended to be somewhat tongue in cheek and maybe it's really well written. I'm just thinking about the movie, though, and looking at that "first photo", it seems to me Summit intends to take it seriously as a romance - or at least as seriously as Twilight. Which makes about as much sense as treating Romeo and Juliet as a romance.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:31 pm

Putting Twilight and Romeo and Juliet anywhere near each other in a slight comparison makes me die a little inside.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:14 pm

I'll take "Things Held Up as Romantic Ideals That Are Anything But" for $600, Alex.

In other news... apparently the 21 Jump Street remake is a comedy. I did not know that. Of course, until today, I didn't know that it was actually being made. I never watched the show, but I get the feeling it was more dramatic.

Trailer is red band - NSFW.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:20 pm

You know, if you already got Depp signed on, I really can't believe you couldn't also get at least ONE DeLuise on board. I understand not calling Greico, but come on.
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:52 pm

I actually have read and own Warm Bodies. Its very good and its not really sexy. Its more a ...kind of a take on what is humanity? I read it because I was like WTF but ended up really liking it and I enjoy the actors and Jonathan Levine so I will probably check it out.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:20 pm

OH DEAR GOD NO.

I don't even dislike J.Lo, but NO.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:52 am

queenofdenile wrote:OH DEAR GOD NO.

I don't even dislike J.Lo, but NO.

DUDE. I fell madly in love with that computer game when I was in the fifth grade and was in seventh heaven when the (first incarnation of the) PBS show aired (Greg Lee, Rockapella, and Lynne Thigpen anyone?) but in NO WAY does JLo fit my imagination of Carmen.

LALALALALA I can't hear you so it can't happen!
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:20 am

I no longer despise Ms. Lopez, but she is not fit to be Carmen Sandiego. Nuh-uh.

(BTW, does anyone else think "whale's vagina" everytime they hear "San Diego," or is that just me? Damn you, Anchorman!)

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear on Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:39 pm

Oh, that is travesty.

On a related note, Lynne Thigpen is from the town next to me. She has an elementary school named after her!
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Francie Nolan on Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:22 am

This would be almost worth it if it means that Rockapella and Greg Lee will get some work.

On a related note, Lynne Thigpen is from the town next to me. She has an elementary school named after her!

Aw, that makes me happy.

Francie Nolan

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe on Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:43 am

So, my dad got a call from his casting agent (he's retired and has taken up extra work as a hobby) telling him to start growing his facial hair for a "period" scene in R.I.P.D. He's excited to have ACTUAL WARDROBE! In The Town he wore his own clothes, and the last thing he did, some Kevin James MMA movie, he was issued a t-shirt. I love my actor dad.
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:11 am

I wasn't sure what thread to post in, but this seemed like the best place to link to a couple of breathtaking photos of Helena Bonham Carter as Miss Havisham. (I completely forgot they were doing another version of Great Expectations until just now, honestly.)

From the comments:
Isn’t that just what Helena wears around the house anyway?
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:10 pm

That first shot is fabulous.
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Song for Marion

Post  Esseilte on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:30 am

Song for Marion, a film I did some extra work on this year, has been picked up for distribution by the Weinstein Company.

Hopefully this will mean a big 'push' for the film - I know I'm biased as not only was I involved a bit, but I know people who are singing in the film's main choir (it had to be older people, couldn't audition myself, woe!) and I think it will be brilliant fun to watch.

From the IMDB page:

"Song for Marion", a London-set comedic drama, is about shy, grumpy pensioner Arthur who is reluctantly inspired by his beloved wife Marion to join a highly unconventional local choir. At odds with his son James, it is left to charismatic choir director Elizabeth to try and persuade Arthur that he can learn to embrace life. Arthur must confront the undercurrents of his own grumbling persona as he embarks on a hilarious, life-affirming journey of musical self discovery.

I've seen a couple of the performances from the film, including some scenes from toward the end of the film that I can't describe due to the whole 'spoilers' and 'signed a form saying I wouldn't' thing, but just in one day of filming I was both utterly creased up laughing and trying not to turn into a blubbering wreck. It looks as though the film is set for a late 2012 release and I'm crossing everything that it does well, the cast and crew were all great and I'd like to see them have a success on their hands.

Esseilte

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea on Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:21 pm

So, apparently they're doing a Les Miz film. The race for the role of Eponine is on. If you know me just a little, you'll know I'm pulling for Lea Michele. I could understand going with Evan Rachel Wood or ScarJo. But if Taylor Swift is cast, I'm gonna burn this mother down. I'm fairly serious about that, too. I can't even. I mean, I just can't. I actually like Taylor Swift as a celebrity. Her and her little cat are adorable, but she is NOT Eponine. Like, not even close.
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  laurelin_kit on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:39 pm

This isn't an MTV production, though. I seriously doubt anyone is actually considering Taylor Swift. It's just a publicity thing.
laurelin_kit

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:49 pm

They're also holding an open call for Cosette. I guess neither of the Fanning sisters can sing.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:53 pm

Yeah, I'm not a Taylor Swift fan in general, too old probably, but she is totally wrong for Eponine. Also, according to the article what she brings to the role is a great move into movies for herself? That doesn't seem like her bringing anything so much as it benefitting her.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  curryalley on Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:26 pm

Eponine is in love with her best friend who chooses a pretty popular girl instead of her? That sounds like Taylor Swift.

Only teasing: DON'T DO THIS BAD THING.

curryalley

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:45 pm

I LOVE Taylor Swift and but man, she has neither the singing pipes nor acting chops for that role. Weird that they're focused on three blondes, I definitely assumed Eponine was, not blonde. I like Wood's voice, and I do think she can act, but her voice seems all wrong for Eponine, same with ScarJo their both more blues-y/husky. Huh.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top