Upcoming Films

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Upcoming Films

Post  Luthien on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:27 pm

Can't they just hire someone from the actual show? According to that article, there's already tons of famous people attached, so I don't see why they'd need another famous name. I suppose they want an entire cast of stars, as usual. I was really hoping this would turn out a little more like the Rent adaptation: say what you will about the movie (and I do like it though it has its problems), at least they went with a cast of performers rather than celebrities. I suspect this is going to be one of those adaptations that I'll never be pleased with no matter what they do because all I really want is to see the show again as I first saw it.

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:53 pm

Yeah, Lea is the only one in that list who has the voice for it.

Taylor Swift's publicist and agent are clearly earning every last penny they're paid. I mean, she sells albums, but she's never really been proven as a box office draw, and nobody who doesn't have their head up their ass could possibly deluded enough to think she would be anything but wrong for the role.
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:57 am

I wasn't pulling for Lea, but of the four listed? Oh holy hell yes. Any of those other three would just be plain embarrassing.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:07 am

For some reason, I cannot picture Eponine as a blonde. Maybe it's because I picture Cosette as a blonde.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:07 am

I've only just now seen the trailer for Carnage and OhMyGodIMustSeeThisMovie. I mean, I would watch this cast take turns reading from the phone book, but this looks dark and twisted and hysterical.
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:25 am

Ooh, that looks great.
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:31 am

It looks really good, but I refuse to give Polanski any money, and knowing he made it would taint my whole viewing of it anyway, so I'm passing.

Also, two friends of mine saw the original play it was based on, and they were not impressed. They described it as a watered-down Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas on Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:23 am

(The God of) Carnage is pretty much drawing room comedy. It has more in common early 20th century light theatre than the heightened absurdity of Albee and the like (though the WAoVW? is more than valid in regards to to the intra-couple bickering) but the closest point of reference are those French comedy movies that poke fun of middle class mores. It's basically a romp. The success depends on the cast and the direction. I saw the Broadway and Sydney productions, and the former was about 10 times better because the timing was all wrong and the actors were bland.

The casting of Lincoln is impressive in terms of matching actors to photographs. Gloria Reuben, Bruce McGill, Richard Topol, Grainger Hines, S. Epatha Merkerson, Jeremy Strong, Joseph Cross, Byron Jennings, Jared Harris, Jackie Earle Haley and Walton Goggins are dead ringers for the historical characters they play, and the rest of the cast look really similar as well. Hell, DDL is going all method facial hair and Tommy Lee Jones and Thaddeus Stevens have matching acne scars.

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:08 pm

I'm gonna go with ERW for Eponine. I think her voice is more than up to the task and I just cannot take Lea Michele's eager puppy dog acting. I don't think I can handle both her and Anne Hathaway in the same film. That's too much "teacher's pet" emoting for me.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:07 pm

RiverThames wrote:I've only just now seen the trailer for Carnage and OhMyGodIMustSeeThisMovie. I mean, I would watch this cast take turns reading from the phone book, but this looks dark and twisted and hysterical.
Despite Polanski being involved, this looks wonderful. I really wish that I had seen the play that this is based on when I was in NYC two years ago!
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:34 pm

The first trailer for Joss Whedon's Cabin in the Woods is out. I don't even like horror movies, but this looks really good (and I'm not just saying that as a Whedon fangirl). Also: Fran Kranz! Whee!
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:43 pm

I had really thought it had been politely buried in an unmarked grave. I'm kind of excited to see it's actually being released.
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:55 pm

RiverThames wrote:I had really thought it had been politely buried in an unmarked grave. I'm kind of excited to see it's actually being released.

He probably stuck a little clause insisting on it in his Avengers contract.
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:31 pm

I wasn't sure where to put this abomination.

Apparently David Duchovny has a movie coming out called Goats. And in it he has this beard.

And also there are some goats, and apparently it's going to be at Sundance. That's all I know thus far. I just really wanted to post the picture of the beard. Who knew it could get worse than the other beard.
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  blooey on Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:37 pm

I think I prefer the goat beard. The other one just emphasized how squished-together the bottom of his face is. This one looks to be aobut as long as the rest of his face, so it provides a little balance. The length of it allows you to pretend that his chin ends anywhere in the mass of beard that would be most aesthetically pleasing to you, whereas the other one only emphasized the little, teensy, nonexistent space between his mouth and chin. [/overinvested]

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai on Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:59 pm

Raksha wrote:The first trailer for Joss Whedon's Cabin in the Woods is out. I don't even like horror movies, but this looks really good (and I'm not just saying that as a Whedon fangirl). Also: Fran Kranz! Whee!

Thanks - I was wondering what to have nightmares about tonight.
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:38 am

RiverThames wrote:I had really thought it had been politely buried in an unmarked grave. I'm kind of excited to see it's actually being released.

I heard that it wasn't that this movie specifically was being buried, it was just that MGM bankruptcy a few years back shelved a ton of movies, including this one.
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf on Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:13 am

In other news, Patty Jenkins leaves Thor 2. No official comment as to why, but probably creative differences.

I hope they do get someone else unexpected to do it. I like a little randomness in my movies.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas on Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:55 am

Patty Jenkins was such a random choice. Monster was pretty much Kimberley Peirce-lite anyway.
But LOL at the Deadline comments:
I hear they’re bringing in Joe Swanberg and making it THOR 2: MUMBLETHOR

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:50 am

Who drives an RV to go stay in a cabin?
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:15 pm

Serial killer fodder, I'm guessing.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  The Glen on Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:47 pm

So Anna Karenina is to be adapted once again. I just can't even see what they're aiming for with the casting. Jude Law would make more sense as Vronsky than Anna's husband. Keira Knightley doesn't really have anything of the magnetism of Anna and doesn't look old enough to have an eight-year-old son. I love Kelly McDonald, but I can't see her as a put-upon mother of six. I suppose they're casting Vronsky young to match Keira Knightley's youth, but still: all wrong.

The Glen
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  tothemax on Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:56 pm

Ugh, why does Keira Knightley have to ruin everything? OK, fine, that's a hyperbolic statement, but you can't jut your jaw in sadness in every scene, Keira.

tothemax

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup on Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:02 pm

Ugh, why does Keira Knightley have to ruin everything? OK, fine, that's a hyperbolic statement, but you can't jut your jaw in sadness in every scene, Keira.
So, sooo agree.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:16 pm

I will fully admit to irrationally loving Keira Knightly and especially her work with Joe Wright so I am excited for this.

The age thing doesn't bother me though. Shes 26. That works for me for having an eight year old.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top