Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dexter

+18
Shalamar
Morning Angel
laddical
queenofdenile
ActonBell
blixie
Gallifrey Girl
dday515
Sheli
truecrystal
skittlebox
gannetguts
The Dude
punkysdilemma
RiverThames
mokey75
MichiSichi
Binky
22 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Dexter  Empty Dexter

Post  Binky Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:58 pm

I'm really liking this new season. It's calling back to season 1 (my favorite season until Trinity, which is also my favorite but so hard to watch without my hands over my eyes, LITHGOW!). I love that LaGuerta is back to being her scheming self. Angel is back to making ridiculous terrible lifechoices. They're both so much more interesting apart.

And the murders are creatively gross. Without being unwatchable creepy.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Dexter  Empty Re: Dexter

Post  MichiSichi Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:36 am

I am intrigued by the new intern at the lab (I haven't seen this weeks episode yet)
Yay Mos!
Does anyone else think about Dexter and Debra being exes in real life in their scenes together?
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:16 am

So the Edward James Olmos character is dead, right? That waitress didn't even look at him, and he's never interacted with anyone else. He's totally Colin Hanks's Harry.
I give it 4 more episodes before Deb sleeps with Chicago guy. And as much as I don't like Quinn, he and Angel as partners has a lot of potential. I snorted at the Crockett and Tubbs quip.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:33 pm

The idea that Olmos's character was only Colin Hank's vision hadn't even occurred to me. But you're right, we've seen no direct interaction between him and anyone else.

Does anyone else think about Dexter and Debra being exes in real life in their scenes together?

Every scene. It totally distracts me, but that's my fault, not the show's.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:17 am

mokey75 wrote:So the Edward James Olmos character is dead, right? That waitress didn't even look at him, and he's never interacted with anyone else. He's totally Colin Hanks's Harry.
Aw, hell, if that's true I really wish I hadn't had that put in my head...

With the callbacks to the Ice Truck Killer case I wonder if they're about to revisit some of Dexter's past close shaves. I was also wondering if intern girl was a serial killer groupie but I guess she is just a dumbass...for now.

I just caught up on the last couple of episodes and, ha, Captain Jellico turned out to be a real jackass, didn't he? I was hoping he wouldn't turn out to be the Tooth Fairy so it really would have been Dexter wasting his time with a mostly harmless old bastard.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:46 am

punkysdilemma wrote:
mokey75 wrote:So the Edward James Olmos character is dead, right? That waitress didn't even look at him, and he's never interacted with anyone else. He's totally Colin Hanks's Harry.
Aw, hell, if that's true I really wish I hadn't had that put in my head...
Sorry! Though with this show, they might be deliberately tossing in clues to make you think that, but he's not really dead. It could go either way. (Does that help?)
This is shallow, but I really wish Deb would cut her hair. It's so stringy, and it just hangs there. You're making Lieutenant money now, Deb! Get yourself a good cut!
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:06 pm

It's Deb.

I am so glad they broke up Angel and Lageurta. They even did it in a fashion that admitted it was a huge fuck up from a story stand point.

My only problem with Trinity (aside from "hi dad") was that I just didn't buy his hook of duplicating his childhood. The Doomsday Killers End Times tableauxs/Se7en redux are working for me though.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:33 am

I never thought of Olmos as dead - hmm interesting, although I agree punkysdilemma - this is kind of like knowing the end of the 6th Sense.
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:04 am

Oh man, I am going to be really pissed if Brother Sam dies. Mos is great on this show. Poor Dexter, he can never just have a "normal" friend.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  gannetguts Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:30 am

Seriously, I actually screamed, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" at the tv. Mos Def better be sticking around, if only for the extra eye candy. COME ON.

gannetguts

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:49 am

I'm very suspicious that the going theory about Gellar is true, though they did do the bit with the phones...will have to rewatch the bit (spoiler free speculation)
Spoiler:

When Harrison had appendicitis the other week I was convinced it was because he'd eaten a piece of Daddy's blood slides that Daddy missed in the cleanup. Guess I was wrong there.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:24 am

Poor Brother Sam. And poor Dexter.
I wondered why they were talking about Brian so much. I wonder if this season is planned to be the last or something, what with Trinity's son and Brian, it's like a greatest hits. On the plus side, I'm hoping more of Brian will mean less of Harry, who kind of annoys me.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:35 pm

I am also now convinced Edward James Olmos is dead.

I am loving this season. It feels like all the characters are sort of back to where they're good: Angel and Quinn making terrible life choices, LaGuerta being a schemer, Deb cursing and not in a relationship, Dexter killing.

Also excited to see Dexter with a devil on his shoulder...I like the actor that plays Brian. But he looks NOTHING like Dexter - he looks like James Remar. They have to pull the Dexter's adoptive father was actually his psychotic brother's real dad card, right?
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  skittlebox Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:00 am

This season has made me feel kind of sad. It just doesn't seem as good as the previous ones (though it obviously cannot live up to season 1, and and season 4). There was so much hype about this season before it started that I was so excited for it, and the first episode was promising about a great season and then now it seems like it's just dragging on. Dexter has barely killed anyone, or even stalked them! A couple of times the previews for the next episodes have seemed really exciting then episode was nothing like that which was disappointing, but that happens in a lot of shows.

The preview for the next episode seems pretty great
Spoiler:
and we are at the point where the season really starts picking up steam so still have hope.

I'm looking forward to seeing what's happening with Brian replacing Harry!

skittlebox

Back to top Go down

Post  gannetguts Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:26 pm

I laughed for so long at the American Gothic-like shot.

gannetguts

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:05 pm

One thing that stood out to me was how, with "Brian", Dexter was being totally sloppy. Grabbing a gun without gloves, getting spotted, and what stood out to me most of all: pocketing the motel pen. The pen with the motel address on it. I'm just saying, it was given a lot of focus, I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a thing next episode.
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:02 am

I think Deb is going to find the pen and realize where Dexter was on his abrupt getaway but I'm not sure they will connect him with any troublemaking -- but leaving the kid alive with full knowledge of what Dexter did seems like it will come back to bite him eventually.

Per the going theory about the Professor, did the girl Travis let go confirm or deny that she heard the Professor actually speak?
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:46 am

I'm not sure if she said specifically, but for now the cops are going with the theory that there are 2 killers. I for one certainly hope he is a real person because I am wholly uninterested in anyone else's Dark Passenger besides Dexter's. Plus, I feel like the writers have been purposely running a gag that has gone on about 2 beats too long.

I was shocked about how sloppy Dexter was as well. I'm not as worried about the kid telling as I am about the pen because, yeah, the kid knows Dexter killed Trinity, but Dexter knows and can prove the kid killed his mom.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheli Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:28 am

I was paying attention very closely and she did say the professor kept calling her "the whore" and that the other, younger one, was nicer. So I don't think I subscribe to the professor theory anymore. Unless there's some totally insane multiple personalities with different voices thing going on. Which isn't beyond the realm of possibility for this show.

I am not really digging what's happening with Deb. I liked her and Quinn, honestly. I thought after she forgave him for suspecting Dexter last season, they were really going places with that relationship. I'd be more interested in seeing her as new lieutenant dealing with being her fiance's boss.

Sheli

Back to top Go down

Post  skittlebox Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:36 am

skittlebox

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:54 pm

Sheli wrote:. Unless there's some totally insane multiple personalities with different voices thing going on. Which isn't beyond the realm of possibility for this show.

That's what I think is going on, but I have no idea if I'm just reading into that based on the suggestion that the professor doesn't actually exist.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:55 am

Binky wrote:
Sheli wrote:. Unless there's some totally insane multiple personalities with different voices thing going on. Which isn't beyond the realm of possibility for this show.

That's what I think is going on, but I have no idea if I'm just reading into that based on the suggestion that the professor doesn't actually exist.

Same here.

Of course, the producers might be pulling some sort of brilliant double-fake, doing all sorts of things to make us think the Professor is just a Dark Passenger, but then turn it around and he's really totally real.
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:32 am

I was sure this was the last season and that is why they made Dexter a bit more sloppy...
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:22 am

I really hope they consider the 8th season the final one and build towards that over the next two. Because I don't think this show has that much more steam.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  skittlebox Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:29 am

mokey75 wrote:I really hope they consider the 8th season the final one and build towards that over the next two. Because I don't think this show has that much more steam.
I agree. I hope they're going to start bulding it up for Deb to find out the truth. It's about time!

skittlebox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum