Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supernatural

+15
Rhilin
mandalaya
TiffanyNichelle
jensa
Mulva
Snarker
blooey
ulkis
Corvus
sagitare
skittlebox
Miss Moneypenny
blixie
curryalley
Salieri
19 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Supernatural Empty Supernatural

Post  Salieri Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:02 am

Leviathans ahoy!

Overall I'm very pleased with the way the new season is going. Nice pacing, good relationship between the brothers, and good guest stars. Plus, having them back on the road again instead of languishing at Bobby's place is always a bonus.

I was worried that last week's Very Special Buffy Guest Stars would be a disaster - too insider-jokey, or something - but they played it straight and Marsters was nicely subdued. Plus, Charisma Carpenter is looking amazing.
Salieri
Salieri

Back to top Go down

Supernatural Empty Re: Supernatural

Post  curryalley Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:23 pm

This season is certainly going better than the last one so far - though that's not exactly hard to do. I enjoyed Jo's reappearance (I'm still not over how incredibly stupid it was to kill off her and Ellen). As for Marsters, maybe I'm too used to Spike but I swear it sounds like he's inventing his American accent. Which is HOW HE TALKS.

curryalley

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:30 pm

So I think the show has a problem when Leviathan serial killing Sam & Dean are WAY more fun than actual Sam & Dean. "I'll keep this one, he has better hair." Hee.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  curryalley Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:50 pm

The Leviathans talking about how messed up the boys are was great.

This season also seems to be focusing on the history of the show. With so many flashbacks and old characters turning up, it's feeling more like this will be the final year.

curryalley

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:14 pm

blixie wrote:So I think the show has a problem when Leviathan serial killing Sam & Dean are WAY more fun than actual Sam & Dean. "I'll keep this one, he has better hair." Hee.

I was hoping they'd be around for a few episodes, although with their carnage rate I knew it was unlikely. The Pulp Fiction shout-out was fun, but man, does that bit lose a lot without the swearing.

I've jumped back into this season after quitting halfway through last season. The boys are still too mopey, but at least the episodes seem less slow and unnecessarily drawn out.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  skittlebox Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:50 am

Bobby, noooo!

skittlebox

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:57 pm

Man I hope Bobby stays dead, because the episode with the boys helping Krissy was really great, probably my favorite episode in two years, but can someone help a sister out what was going on with Dean's beer? Is that supposed to be ghost of Bobby? Cas? What the hell?

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:08 am

I don't for one second believe he's dead. The show would have done a lot more to mark that character's passing if they had truly killed him off. Something's definitely up, I'd say. That beer thing clearly means something.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:57 pm

<breaking a vow by posting to this thread but still>

Even if so, so what? Everyone is dead. Friends are dead. Family is dead. Our Valiant Heroes are, themselves, dead. Several times over. Each. By making the Veil so manifestly porous (to serve some clever dispensable episode plot point or other over the seasons) the show is has kinda left itself in a 'Death where is thy sting?' situation.

Poisonally, I think the show's mistake was making Bobby more important than he originally had been /retroactively/. Beaver is a treasure to be sure, but when we first met him in Season One, he was distant with Dean and it wasn't clear if Sam had even met him before. It undercuts a lot of the angst established in Our Heroes past, and does a disservice to the relationship that we (the audience) got to watch grow. ("So what if John was a lying cheat? We have Bobby.") Shame.
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:28 pm

Oh, it drove me nuts when they were like, Bobby is a better father that ours ever was! Bobby didn't have to actually do the day-to-day raising of them. And I don't even like John that much, but it bothers me that they couldn't balance those two relationships. It reminds of when they made Buffy's dad a total deadbeat so they could completely position Giles as a father figure.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:50 pm

Anyone know any spoiler sites for the show? Or has the well run dry? The TWoP thread is never updated, and I tried spoilertv dot com but there doesn't seem to be much there either, and I googled around but none of the websites I found were up-to-date.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:41 pm

ulkis wrote:Anyone know any spoiler sites for the show? Or has the well run dry? The TWoP thread is never updated, and I tried spoilertv dot com but there doesn't seem to be much there either, and I googled around but none of the websites I found were up-to-date.

io9 keeps up with SPN spoilers in their morning roundup. I haven't seen them featured there for awhile, so the well may have in fact run dry.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:41 pm

thanks, I'll check it out.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  blooey Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:13 pm

Have you tried the spn_party comm @ LJ? They seem to be pretty good about posting news.

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:21 pm

No, I'll try that. Thanks!

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarker Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:11 am

Anybody else still watching this show? I thought S8 so far is a mixed bag. The first ep bored me, Kevin was way to MarySueish and Dean's rant about how Sam was a POS for quitting hunting for a year to shack up with a girl was hypocritical in the extreme seeing that he did the exact same thing.

However, the second ep was good. I especially loved Kevin's smackdown to Dean - "Shut up! I don't want to hear anymore of your crappy lectures!", and Mrs. Tran as good.

Snarker

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulva Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:05 pm

I'm not feeling the love this season. So far, I've liked exactly one of five episodes (What's Up Tiger Mommy?). I couldn't care less about what the boys were doing during the last year, so I hate the flashbacks. I'm more interested in the Wiener Hut Angel than I am in Benny.

Mulva

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:49 pm

I can't watch because I can't stand JPad's hair at the moment.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  jensa Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:57 pm

The first episode of this season should have been called "We need to talk about Sam's hair."

This season is a bit slow for me. I feel like this is all ground we have covered before. Oh, one brother wants a normal life and the other resents him for wanting it. Been there, done that, it never works out for anyone. I miss the angels. They were fun.
jensa
jensa

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulva Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:48 pm

Sam's hair doesn't bother me that much because I grew up in the 70's and all the guys looked like that, although I'm hoping Crowley will capture Sam and give him a haircut.

I really think the show should have packed it in. It's tired, repetitive and the actors look bored.

Mulva

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:14 am

That makes me sad. I've been unable to watch for several seasons (long, protracted break-up starting at season 3, still deeply bitter) but thought surely enough time has passed that past injuries would fade and I could catch up and ride along come the end. (Which had better take place at the Grand Canyon, show.) Bygones, right? We're both adults, we can still be good friends? We've been through too much together.

I should just get tough, fast forward through 6 (angels are fun, but profoundly stupid) and 7 (ignore the memory of the identical Dark Shadows story, and deal. Deep breaths. They'll pull it together for the last hurrah, surely.
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:06 pm

Is this the last season for sure?

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:28 pm

I hope so. I love the show but it should have ended in season 5 when Kripke stepped down.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  mandalaya Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:02 pm

Wasn't it supposed to be a six season arc and then done? I feel like I heard a lot about that from Kripke and the cast at the beginning (S1-2), and I took great comfort in it, that there was a plan. Then Kripke started backtracking on that (S5?) and I could pretty much feel the arc slip sideways, right when I stopped feeling as engaged with the story. I think it would be fine if SPN ended after this season.
mandalaya
mandalaya

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:40 pm

kripke said it was supposed to be a 5 season arc. But I believe he said this around season 3 or thereabouts. I'm pretty sure at one point he said he was shocked they made it past 2 seasons.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum