Supernatural

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Supernatural

Post  Corvus on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:59 pm

Season Two itself was no sure thing. It was pins-and-needles for some months after that truck t-boned the Impala.

Memmmries...

After that, it was smoother sailing, allowing Kripke to indulge himself in plot curlicues that caused me to scratch my head. "Kill your darlings."
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarker on Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:13 pm

I'm not loving the new season.

It took Bobby 6 seasons and Cas three to get an ep devoted to them, but this guy comes out of nowhere and has an entire ep revolving around his (dull, cliched) backstory?

Once again, we have the trashing of Sam, to the point where I wonder why don't they just fire JP and replace him with the shiny, new, Benny.

Jared, get a new agent!

Snarker

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulva on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:06 pm

Egads! This show has gotten unwatchable. Dean is a total d-bag, the only screen time Sam gets is crappy, soapy flashbacks, and TPTB apparently think that Benny The Umpteenth Vampire With A Soul is the star of the show.

Closing the gates of hell? What, you mean they should work on that instead of yet another Benny-focused ep?

Mulva

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarker on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:17 pm

Just when I was about to give up on this show, they pulled me back in. I simply must find out what happened to the Wiener Hut Angel. Damn you Carver! I still want to see Benny ganked and for someone to point out that Dean is a hypocritical d-bag for scolding Sam for quitting hunting for a year when he did the same thing.

Snarker

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhilin on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:45 pm

I'm continuously surprised to find out that this show is still on. For some reason I got it in my head that it ended, like, two years ago, and then people keep talking about it and every time I'm all, "It's not over yet? What the crap are they doing?"

Rhilin

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:03 pm

Rhilin wrote:I'm continuously surprised to find out that this show is still on. For some reason I got it in my head that it ended, like, two years ago, and then people keep talking about it and every time I'm all, "It's not over yet? What the crap are they doing?"

milking their paychecks. Someone up thread said the actors look bored and I just don't feel bad for those dudes at all if they are bored. They could have packed it in after season 5 (or season 6, whenever their contracts were up) and they didn't, so whatever dudes.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarker on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:15 pm

That's what amuses me about all the Sam vs. Dean/Jared vs. Jensen fanflaps. Those guys are earning more in a season than I will in my lifetime, so no, I don't feel sorry for J_____ for not getting the best lines/screentime/storyline/love interest/whatnot.

They've both been in steady work for 8 years which is a lot more than most actors can say.

They really should have packed it in years ago. They do look bored. Although, I still watch it for the man-pretty.

Snarker

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:59 pm

Snarker wrote:That's what amuses me about all the Sam vs. Dean/Jared vs. Jensen fanflaps. Those guys are earning more in a season than I will in my lifetime, so no, I don't feel sorry for J_____ for not getting the best lines/screentime/storyline/love interest/whatnot.

They've both been in steady work for 8 years which is a lot more than most actors can say.

They really should have packed it in years ago. They do look bored. Although, I still watch it for the man-pretty.

Exactly. It always cracks me up when I see posters say "oh poor Jensen/Jared, he deserves soooooo much better" blah blah. Yes poor poor Jensen. What cracked me up is Demian (the recapper) on twop would pretty much show up to say the same thing.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarker on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:49 pm

I find myself missing Demian's little snide asides about the rabid fans (mostly Deangirls). I still think he quit recapping so as not to have to deal with them anymore.

Yeah, yeah, I keep hearing that the Sam girls are just as bad, but I'm not seeing it at IMDB or TWOP, that's for damn sure.

Snarker

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:03 pm

nah he quit cause the show's not on Friday/Thursday anymore. He said it in the forum, that he used the weekends to write them and with the new scheduling he can't fit in recapping it.

Sam girls *are* just as bad, the few I've seen,there's just much less of them.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarker on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:55 pm

I found the last episode surprisingly good, except for killing off my beloved Weiner Hut Angel. It had Sam and Dean dumping their boring new friends, hopefully forever, Crowley, and Shirtless!Sam. What more can you want?

Snarker

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:17 pm

holy moly, season 9. Officially longer than Charmed!

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulva on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:45 pm

This season is TEH WURST EVAH!!11!!

Seriously, so far we've had three eps that felt like backdoor pilots, Sam acting like a pod person, Dean reaching new heights of hypocritical dickatude, several eps where the boys felt like guest stars in their own show, and an utterly repellant ep featuring a black woman wearing a dog collar, and sexually servicing a white man she called "master".

Although, that ep did have the effect of uniting the Samgirls and Deangirls on TWOP - both sides hated it.

Mulva

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:27 pm

Ha! Nice to see a superfan out for a noble cause (see upper-left sign)

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:15 pm

I just find the whole "sam might die thing" sooooooo stupid. Sam and Dean have both died more times than any other characters ever. There's no threat in it. Now maybe if hell threatened Sam with a haircut I might be on the edge of my seat

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulva on Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:14 pm

Exactly. It always cracks me up when I see posters say "oh poor Jensen/Jared, he deserves soooooo much better" blah blah. Yes poor poor Jensen. What cracked me up is Demian (the recapper) on twop would pretty much show up to say the same thing..

There's a current thread at TWOP about this topic, and it's now about 20 pages long. It's mostly Deangurrls crying that poor Jensen has such bad luck in showrunners, with a couple of sane commentators pointing out that he's young, and a millionaire with a gorgeous wife, so he's not exactly an object of pity. Of course, they're being denounced as 'haterz'.

As for the show, meh. We're being 'treated' to another Felicia Day episode this week, and I don't know if the prospect of man-pretty will keep me interested. All I'm saying is that Jared better take off his shirt soon if they want to retain my viewership.

Mulva

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:38 pm

Jared's hair scared me away this season. I hate this too long flat-ironed look he has going on

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulva on Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:27 pm

Here's Jared's hair throughout the years:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alwaysadrienne/the-evolution-of-jared-padaleckis-hair-a08n

I like this year's do better than the S7 unwashed look.

Mulva

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:50 pm

Hee. I think I like 3 and 5 the best but I think he's too old for 3 now.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Luciano on Fri May 17, 2013 1:18 am

What I got out of the season finale:

[1] Crowley/Mark Sheppard is the best thing on the show right now. He carried that whole episode, IMO. The scene where the cure appeared to be working and he asked how he could ever ask for forgiveness was second only to the scene with the falling angels.

[2] And that scene, complete with the closeup shot of an angel burning as it dropped, was beautiful.

[3] What in the hell was the point of all that time wasted on those shitty Amelia flashbacks earlier in the season?

Luciano

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulva on Thu May 30, 2013 8:34 pm

1. Agreed, Mark Sheppard brings so much to the role. I just hope they don't off him.

2. So are we going to have the earth full of de-powered angels next season?

3. Hell Yes! I was hoping that Amelia would turn out to be a figment of Sam's imagination, but no such luck.

Overall, I'd rate S8 a C-. It had a few good eps, a bunch of clunkers, and it didn't help that Sam acted like a pod person for the first half of the season, or Dean ragging on Sam for quitting hunting for a year when he did the same thing.

Mulva

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarker on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:37 pm

My wish list for S9:

1. More Crowley.

2. Less Kevin.

3. Sam and Dean acting as if they actually like each other, enjoy each other's company, and that they're together because they want to be. Instead of acting like one of those long-married couples who hate each other but stay together out of habit and inertia.

4. Cas stops being such a gullible fool.

5. More shirtless scenes, and I don't mean Crowley.

Snarker

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarker on Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:19 pm

Every year I think that the show has reached new depths and couldn't possibly get worse, and then the next season starts and I'm proven wrong. At least the much-maligned S6 had "Clap if You Believe", "Frontier Land", "My Heart Will Go On" and "The French Mistake". So far, S9 has had The Adventures of Charley Sue, Cas starring in Clerks III, and another ep telling us what a bastard John was.

Snarker

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:27 pm

I heard about that and I was mad. It's so cheap to just keep making his character worse and worse. They were plenty of ways Dean could have been at a home without making John be the culprit.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:01 am

Thank you. I've been raging over the treatment of John ever since they killed him off. Each year he becomes a worse and worse dad and thank god Dean found other male role models in his life to fill that void. Ugh.
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top