Supernatural

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Supernatural

Post  Mulva on Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:40 am

Tonight's ep was surprisingly good. Dean got to cross an item off his bucket list, Sheriff Jody rocked, and, in my own head canon, Sam and Jody got it on.

Mulva

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarker on Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:51 am

Tonight's ep was surprisingly decent, at least by S9 standards. I'm ready for the Crowley vs. Abbadon show.

Snarker

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulva on Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:43 pm

Mixed feelings on this one.

On one hand, Crowley was a delight, and it was good to see Cas and Sam bonding. On the other hand, I kept seeing Lassie instead of Cain, and I'm beyond done with Dean's endless, dreary issues.

Mulva

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:01 pm

Ran into Supernatural filming recently in an out of the way place while walking my dog. Having also seen them filming in Vancouver, it's nicer to run into them in a more relaxed location. But goodness, it takes a lot of people to film stuff.

They'd built a sign for an abandoned drive-in (but no building).  There was a huge freshly spray painted mystical sign in the middle of a crossroads.  There were two impalas, and one was being filmed down a tree/bushed lined lane (augmented with lots of trees nailed at the bottom to boards).  Crowley was there.  Jared's trailer had a "Quiet, baby sleeping" sign outside it.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarker on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:22 pm

I'm actually looking forward to next week's episode. Sam in workout clothes - bring it on!

Snarker

Back to top Go down

Post  jensa on Wed May 21, 2014 2:01 pm

Did anybody else make it through the season besides me? I will be this show until the bitter, bitter end.

Interesting finale. I had figured that somehow Dean would be a bad guy next season but making him a demon was a surprise. I thought he would just be Crazy Mark of Cain Guy. But the question becomes: what kind of demon is he? He is not really possessed so can they get the demon out without him dying? And will there be another Angel war? Castiel doesnt seem like he wants to be their leader, and his stolen grace is fading so he may be human again pretty soon. These questions will bother me all damn summer.

And on the shallow end of things: Dean was really working that scruff again, and Tahmoh Pennikett really needs a show where he can just walk around. Shirtless, if necessary, but just walking a lot.
jensa

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl on Thu May 22, 2014 6:53 pm

I still watch and enjoy it for what it is. This was the first season I watched live, having done the big binge on Netflix. It was not the best, not the worst for me.

Came across them filming a couple of times, which is always fun. The episode a few back where they spent a lot of time in an abandoned house is on a route I travel several times a day. They had done a ton work on the outside of the house to make it look really dumpy, and barely showed any of it in the final show. I was driving past one night at about 11:00pm and the crew asked me to drive very slowly (to reduce noise?) which was just fine because they were filming Jared walking up the steps and I was able to gawk for a full 10 seconds on my way past!

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarker on Thu May 22, 2014 7:04 pm

I loved Crowley's joy in Dean's Deamonization. "Miracles really do happen!"

I wonder how Dean's going to drive Baby, since it's been demon-proofed?

Snarker

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarker on Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:49 pm

What a disappointment this season has been!

'Year of the Deanmon' turned out to be 'Three Episodes of Dean Acting Like He's Always Acted'. Then we had another outing with Kate The Werewolf, who once again was allowed to live for no reason that I can see other than she's a young, blonde, hot chick.

Now we're getting what promises to be an episode so lame, it'll make Dog Dean Afternoon look like a masterpiece.

Snarker

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:09 am

I can't believe this show made it to 200 episode. madness! Well, good for the cast and crew.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarker on Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:01 pm

I gotta say I liked the 200th a lot more than I thought. The spectacle of Dean flying across the stage while the actors sang "A Single Manly Tear" was hilarious.

Snarker

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl on Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:01 pm

I very much enjoyed it, but I totally thought that a Single Manly Tear was going to role down Dean's face near the end there.

They filmed part of an episode in my husband's co-worker's house. Turns out it was the scene a few eps back were two people are having sexy times on the island in the kitchen. Co-worker was very surprised when they watched the episode and saw what had happened in their kitchen!

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarker on Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:40 pm

Well Sam and Dean broke the world again. How will they get out of it this time?

I hope Rowena takes over as Evil Queen.

Snarker

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulva on Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:11 pm

Season 11 starts next Wednesday!

All I hope is that my beloved Crowley survives.

Mulva

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulva on Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:25 pm

Sam actually got some screentime and got to use his brain! It's a miracle!

Mulva

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarker on Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:24 pm

Eh, this season is a mixed bag so far. On one hand, it's nice to see Jared get some screen time and Sam actually do something for a change, on the other, Amara is a total flop as Big Bad. Baby Amara had more screen presence and a sense of menace than You're Too Old For the Bimbo Look, Lady Amara.

Snarker

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:00 pm

Who would have thought SPN would be on for 12 freaking seasons? Not I!

I think they need to step away from big bads and just do solely myths again.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulva on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:53 am

Yeah, of all the shows that debuted in 2005, I wouldn't have picked SPN to last so long. I agree about the myths. They're the best episodes.

They really should have wrapped it up this season. It would have been the perfect time to call it quits.

Mulva

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:13 am

I binge watched the first half dozen or so episodes recently and while the show is a pleasant enough way to waste some time it hasn't really grabbed me so far. Should I just accept that it's not for me or have I not gotten to the good stuff yet?
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl on Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:50 pm

It's been a few years since I did my binge watch, but I don't remember having a get past x episodes or y seasons before it gets good memory. So maybe it's not for you? Of course if you don't continue you'll never see the episode told from the point of view of the car!

The most recent episode had some bizarre directing/editing going on. It stood out in a bad way.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulva on Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:24 pm

I actually liked last night's episode. No boring angel politics, just a good, old-fashioned hunt. They actually gave Sam a major role for a change, which has the deannuts frothing at the mouth over at IMDB.

Mulva

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl on Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:47 pm

Oh I didn't dislike the episode, but they did some really weird editing jumps and angles on the doll in crib that seemed silly rather than scary to me.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus on Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:37 pm

The Boys (though it is clearly silly to continue to refer to the nice married dad stars that way) are still doing their best, but the storytelling is so anemic. Perhaps a campaign to give them a vacation and follow the adventures of Mary Winchester, Hunter, Time Traveller, as she navigates the vastly altered world she finds herself in.
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:39 pm

naughty zoot wrote:I binge watched the first half dozen or so episodes recently and while the show is a pleasant enough way to waste some time it hasn't really grabbed me so far. Should I just accept that it's not for me or have I not gotten to the good stuff yet?

It's been a few years since I did my binge watch, but I don't remember having a get past x episodes or y seasons before it gets good memory.

imo the first season is pretty bad. I would watch the last two episodes of the first season "Salvation" and "Devil's Trap" and the first two or three episodes of season 2. If after that you don't like it then yeah I'd say drop it.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:47 pm

Thanks. I'll try that.
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next