Celebrity Illness

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Celebrity Illness

Post  Arabella on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:23 am

And I sort of felt like...yeah, that's not even subtle pr there, but felt bad for being cynical about it.

Then I saw the instagram pic and was like...are you even serious right now?

I hate that I'm feeling like this whole thing sounds staged as hell to serve as damage control for a truly BAD week of publicity. But if not that, at the least, he's certainly using the collapse for all its worth in positive pr. And in a really over the top and transparent way. I don't get what is going on at Team Bieber these days.
How does this incident help Bieber's image, though? He's been wandering around shirtless at night in London, allegedly kicked out of a club, wearing gas masks in public, going on Twitter rants, showing up almost two hours late for his concert, and now a collapse during a concert...add it all together and it sure does seem like "dehydration" or "exhaustion" is in his very near future. Collapsing at a show is a really bad look for a young pop star whose behavior in recent days has been quite erratic. The Bielebers will shower him with sympathy, the super-jaded celebrity watcher will think, "PR stunt!" but wouldn't "drugs" be a not-so-outlandish conclusion everyone else in between would draw? And that's the last thing Team Bieber would want. Though I suppose if he'd really ODed he wouldn't be sending out shirtless pics from the hospital while listening to "Janice Joplin", and Scooter Braun is counting on people thinking Bieber's just been acting weird because he's been sick.

Last edited by Arabella on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:31 am

Though I strongly agree with "bag of dicks" sentiment, I also would not be surprised if 'exhaustion,' and rehab for same isn't in his near future. I would prefer he be faking (not unlikely) to that trajectory. Even though he wore those idiotic diaper pants.
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:32 am

I'm calling "stomach virus."
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:40 am

Oh, I totally think rehab or a serious collapse is in his future. That's why when I just saw the headline, I was all, "Oh no." But the whole "he insisted he had to go on FOR HIS FANS" and his manager going on stage and announcing he was sick before Bieber came back out and bravely finished the show? And then instagramming a pic for all his fans to swoon over? It just comes off really badly to me. When a star is having serious problems, I think most teams shut it down and take care of shit behind the scenes. They don't go on stage, warn everyone that he's on the verge of collapse, so that when he comes out everyone can give him an ovation for his strength and bravery before he's hauled off to the hospital. If he's really sick or if things are being exaggerated, one way or another, I think his team is a mess and clearly doesn't have his best interests in mind.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella on Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:07 pm

Well, the Biebs is out of the hospital and has recovered enough to curse out a pap and have to be restrained from fighting him. Yeah, he'll be in "rehab" before the end of the month at this rate...

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  KaveDweller on Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:50 am

Valerie Harper has terminal brain cancer.

KaveDweller

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:14 pm

TMZ reporting Lil Wayne is in critical condition after suffering another seizure. Other close famous associates are saying reports of Weezy's impending death are greatly exaggerated. I guess we'll see who's right soon enough...

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:36 am

Cory Montheith goes to rehab. He apparently has struggled with substance abuse issues in the past. I hadn't heard. I hope the best for him; he seems like a sweet guy.
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:09 pm

Well good for him for realising there was a problem cropping up again. I hope he finds what he needs to be able to cope with it all. And also, he's thirty? I would have said early twenties for sure.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:10 pm

Good for him, for everything you said. I hope its successful.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:10 pm

It's rare you hear about a celebrity checking into rehab without doing something publicly reckless or dangerous first. I hope that means recovery is in his near future. He seems like a nice person.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:26 am

I was going to say that Cory is Canadian so of course he's nice, but then I remembered Justin Bieber.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:32 am

Well, hes from Stratford. Its different.

Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:41 am

Kiran wrote:Well, hes from Stratford. Its different.

lol

And as a daily user of Toronto's public transit system, I can definitely debunk the idea that all Canadians are nice.
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:09 pm

I've used the public transit in Toronto too, and compared to my experiences in the US y'all still come off as pretty nice. Windsor is a different story though.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:24 pm

Grainne Mhaol

http://foodcultureinireland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:47 pm

Catherine Zeta Jones back in inpatient treatment for her bipolar disorder. I really respect her a great deal for being so open given the stigma that is still attached to mental illness. Not that I think people need to broadcast such things but I admire her for doing so.
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Wed May 01, 2013 1:48 am

When did she first reveal that she had bipolar disorder? I swear if it weren't for SF, I would know nothing about pop culture. I had no idea she suffered from that illness til I read she was going back in for treatment.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma on Tue May 14, 2013 2:01 am

punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Tue May 14, 2013 10:00 am

I heard on the radio that she'd revealed some huge and surprising news, but that definitely is not what I expected. I hope that it works out for her and that she stays free of cancer. Such a brave, difficult choice to follow through on.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 on Fri May 24, 2013 12:20 pm

Tim Curry had a major stroke. I hope he's ok; I have irrational levels of love for him.
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose on Fri May 24, 2013 1:45 pm

mokey75 wrote:Tim Curry had a major stroke. I hope he's ok; I have irrational levels of love for him.
Oh no, I love him too! Get better Wadsworth!

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  sunni94 on Fri May 24, 2013 2:50 pm

When they were preparing and prevewng Spamalot in Chicago I walked right by the theater every day and about every other week he'd ask for a light and would say "well you can't just run off withought a bit of a chat or I'll read I'm some sort of Hollywood pisser." I kick myself I didn't know more about his films then but he did tell one story about the filming of "The Three Musketeers" where the cast had gone out for the weekend and drank the entre weekend, only to show up to set on Monday and couldn't remember any lines so the PA's basically had to keep whispering them to all of them. Sadly, I only ran into him a few times but he was such a sweet guy every single time.

sunni94

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Fri May 24, 2013 4:08 pm

He'll always be Rooster from Annie to me. I hope he recovers smoothly!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:55 pm

So, Michael Douglas identifies the cause of this cancer. I am linking b/c it might upset people. Ugh. As if the
Spoiler:
sexual politics
were not tricky enough!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top