Podcasts and iTunesU

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Podcasts and iTunesU

Post  mokey75 on Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:23 am

Did anyone listen to the first episode of this season of Serial? I was kind of eh on it all, until the freaking mic drop at the end. "Hey Taliban, it's Sarah. U up?"
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Fraoch on Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:43 pm

Right?? That cracked me up.

Fraoch

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:14 am

I thought it was a little lame, I've defended this show against Stuff White People like bias and then she's all twee AF Hello, Taliban? Okay Sarah.

Plus, I guess I made my mind up about Bowe Bergdahl back when he was released, and while I'm sure delving into his story will be interesting on some level, the bigger picture of whether or not he did something wrong (he very obviously did, but he also thought he was gonna be like Jason fucking Bourne) and should be punished with a long prison sentence? No. Nothing I'm going to hear will make me change my mind the Army itself is at fault for signing a waiver on his mental health issues, and then being surprised and ANGRY when his mental health issues materialize while on duty/in action, and cost people their lives.

I also think she's exploiting someone with mental health issues, by using those tapes, but maybe this is part of his lawyers strategy, he's so imbalanced and incapable of making sound choices that he endangered his own defense by going on NPR and saying he deserted but, y'know, for a good reason until he realized it was a terrible idea? That made it a certainty they'd pursue a court marshal.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top