Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Songs You Hate

+29
Swarley
Matinee
Miss Moneypenny
easybreezy
queenofdenile
mokey75
mandalaya
punzy
midnight radio
Red Wolf
Eris Rising
Raised by wolves
Silverfish
blooey
CherryFlame
jcpdiesel21
Unlucky Bear
caerbannog
oxymoron
The Glen
Shalamar
punkysdilemma
mrinsouciance
big chicken
whatthedeuce
maxell131313
Putli Bai
Instant Monkeys
TiffanyNichelle
33 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Songs You Hate - Page 2 Empty Re: Songs You Hate

Post  Red Wolf Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:46 am

Christmas carols! I've hated them for... as long as I can remember. They're so catchy and irritating. December is when I have to take my iPod to the supermarket. Even the regular bad pop they play is more tolerable than carols.

I really feel sorry for the people who work in those places and have to put up with it all day, and can't imagine that it does any good. Does listening to Christmas music actually make people likely to spend more? It's an interesting idea for a formal study.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  midnight radio Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:04 pm

I don't know how long this song has been out, but I just heard it today, and it makes my palms itch to smack Billy Currington.

"Like My Dog"

He never tells me that he's sick of this house
He never says "why don't you get off that couch?"
He don't cost me nothin' when he wants to go out
I want you to love me like my dog

He never says I need a new attitude
Him and my sister ain't always in a feud
When I leave the seat up, he don't think that it's rude
I want you to love me like my dog does, baby

When I come home, I want you to just go crazy
He never looks at me like he might hate me

He never acts like he don't care for my friends
He never asks me "where in the hell have you been?"
He don't play dead when I wanna pet him

I want you to love me like my dog does honey

He never says 'I wish you made more money'
He always thinks that pull my finger is funny

He don't get mad at me and throw a major fit
When I say his sister is a bitch!

I want you to love me like my dog does baby
When I come home, I want you to just go crazy
He never looks at me like he might hate me

I want you to love me like my dog does, baby

I have a feeling someone came up with one of the lines in bold first, and then wrote the rest of the song around it.

midnight radio

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:37 pm

I still can't be bothered to Google the name and artist of the song that samples Paula Abdul's "Straight Up," but lord in heaven, do I loathe that song! It's the one single on the air that I can't bear to hear a second of. Right when it starts up, I punch any dial on the radio to keep the horror from assaulting my eardrums!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:29 pm

Right?!? That guy CAN'T SING - he sounds like he's muttering in his sleep. He isn't fit to hold Paula's vodka bottle.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:12 am

Ugh, the mere thought of that song sets my goddamn teeth and nerves on edge. HAAAAAAATE.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:43 pm

It didn't take me long at all to start hating Madonna's new song. Gaga may have coped her, but that doesn't give her a reason to dig through Katy Perry's rejects.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:52 am

I actually like Gotye's "Somebody that I used to know" as long as I try not to listen closely to the lyrics. Because man, the narrator is a creepy ass. She changed her number, probably because you wouldn't leave her alone! I may be overthinking it.

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:29 am

I hadn't even thought about that! Most people don't change their numbers after a break-up. Gotye, are you trying to tell us something, you dirty creeper you!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  mandalaya Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:51 am

I actually like Gotye's "Somebody that I used to know" as long as I try not to listen closely to the lyrics. Because man, the narrator is a creepy ass. She changed her number, probably because you wouldn't leave her alone! I may be overthinking it.

You aren't overthinking it. And I don't understand the current fascination with that song anyway - the chorus is catchy but it just doesn't hook me. Maybe I listened too closely to the words the first time through. Of all the versions now out there, I like the cover by Walk Off the Earth because the video is clever. But I have no desire to own any of them.
mandalaya
mandalaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:38 am

Hmm, I thought the opposite: He's annoyed because he thought they both agreed the relationship wasn't working out, but then she treated him like he was a crazy stalker by changing her number and refusing to have anything to do with him. He doesn't love her anymore, now she's just somebody that he used to know. Now that I have a long commute, I apparently have way too much time to spend pondering the meaning of song lyrics.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:46 am

Oh, that's another way of looking at it that I hadn't considered! This shows how little I really read into lyrics. It's fun to see other people's thoughts on that song because I've loved it since last December but never analyzed the song.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Tue May 01, 2012 10:07 am

punzy wrote:I actually like Gotye's "Somebody that I used to know" as long as I try not to listen closely to the lyrics. Because man, the narrator is a creepy ass. She changed her number, probably because you wouldn't leave her alone! I may be overthinking it.

Haha, I thought the same thing. I don't think you understand what a break-up is, narrator!

I *may* also picture him like Paul Rudd's character in 40 Year Old Virgin, whining about Amy to all of his friends. I hope one day she bumps into his friend at an speed dating event, and when he berates her for giving the narrator hope, she tells him that she's changed her number and her email, etc. "Well, I didn't know that! I'm sorry!"[/Seth Rogan]
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Wed May 02, 2012 11:22 pm

mokey75, I thought of the Paul Rudd character when listening to that line, too!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile Thu May 03, 2012 7:53 am

Hmm, I thought the opposite: He's annoyed because he thought they both agreed the relationship wasn't working out, but then she treated him like he was a crazy stalker by changing her number and refusing to have anything to do with him. He doesn't love her anymore, now she's just somebody that he used to know.

Yeah, that's what I got from the song, too. He says that he was glad when it was over, they agreed they didn't make sense as a couple, but he's hurt because she wants to pretend like the relationship never happened at all. If he really wanted her number so he could call her all the time and be possessive, he wouldn't be singing, "I guess that I don't need that, though."
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  easybreezy Sat May 05, 2012 8:16 am

So, I listen to satellite radio. First of all, I don't know why they keep trying to make Whitney Wolanin happen (she has a song called "Honesty", which sucks; it has an amelodic chorus, which, I get it, is supposed to emulate stabbing, or something, while the rest of the song sounds like a lot of yowling).

If it had legs, I'm sure they wouldn't need to keep reminding us that she's recorded six albums since she was 13 and is now 21. I've almost started to believe that little rap about it is actually part of the song.

easybreezy

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:15 pm

All Fun's (no, I will NOT do your stupid punctuation) Some Nights does is remind me of the extremely similar yet vastly superior Cecelia.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 pm

Miss Moneypenny wrote:All Fun's (no, I will NOT do your stupid punctuation) Some Nights does is remind me of the extremely similar yet vastly superior Cecelia.

Have to admit, I freaking love Some Nights. It reminds me of another one I love,All The Things That I've Done, for reasons I don't have the music vocabulary to explain. Cecelia is, of course, also great. Then, I unironically enjoy Call Me Maybe, so I suspect I have a lot of unpopular music opinions (or maybe just bad taste, ha!).

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:36 pm

Matinee wrote:
Miss Moneypenny wrote:All Fun's (no, I will NOT do your stupid punctuation) Some Nights does is remind me of the extremely similar yet vastly superior Cecelia.

Have to admit, I freaking love Some Nights. It reminds me of another one I love,All The Things That I've Done, for reasons I don't have the music vocabulary to explain. Cecelia is, of course, also great. Then, I unironically enjoy Call Me Maybe, so I suspect I have a lot of unpopular music opinions (or maybe just bad taste, ha!).

I am seriously not a music snob by any stretch--I crank Call Me Maybe whenever it comes on and may or may not have my own personal interpretive dance to All These Things That I Have Done. But something about Fun(STUPID PUNCTUATION) just makes me stabby as hell.

It might be the stupid punctuation.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:24 am

They were on Colbert a few weeks ago, and I was all, "WHY ARE YOU MURDERING CECILIA, YOU HIPSTER SUCKBAGS?!?" Both times that we saw that episode, actually.

And I also hate their abuse of punctuation.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:55 pm

I friggin' hate that Taylor Swift "never never never getting back togetherrrrrr" song.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:57 pm

I hate that I kinda like it. I change the station everytime it comes on in the car because I don't want to like it at all.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:37 pm

Shalamar wrote:I friggin' hate that Taylor Swift "never never never getting back togetherrrrrr" song.

I'm with you. And most of her other hits have been guilty pleasures, so it's not just generic Taylor hatin'.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:29 am

Same here! I make a point of judging each song on its own merits. It's trendy to hate on Nickelback, and for the most part I'm pretty meh about their stuff, but I LOVE "Burn It to the Ground."
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:24 pm

Oh man, I used to love that first Nickelback song. I can't listen to it anymore, but I loooved it when it initially got released.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:17 pm

Leader of Men or How You Remind Me? Because yeah, I can't listen to most of their new stuff but I give those two songs a pass.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next