Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revenge

+39
Eris Rising
bosoxgirl
Raksha
VodouDoll
Gillian
curryalley
KaveDweller
killershrew
choubetcha
epudom
Luciano
QueenSix
jstilwe
Case
Heather
Raised by wolves
bbridges
truecrystal
Jessica
Gilraen
biakbiak
josie
Auroura76
Ji Xiang
dreago
maxell131313
laurelin_kit
jensa
Poubelle
Queen Esther
queenofdenile
mokey75
katesti
big chicken
bookworm
blixie
Kiran
alexdegenhardt
Jasmine
43 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Revenge     - Page 2 Empty Re: Revenge

Post  maxell131313 Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:29 am

I'd kinda like to see CCH Pounder join this cast if
Spoiler:
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:59 pm

OMG this last episode was awesome, although damn ABC why you gotta be a tease, you could have at least shown the Tyler/Nolan kiss. To be fair it's been pretty chaste on the heteroside of sex scenes too, which is..weird for a nighttime soap.

Also weird I find myself liking Daniel even though he's totally a blank, for some reason both the actor/character are reminding of nothing so much as Jake Ryan. And in Emergency Incest Alert System news I then I heard a theory Daniel might be David's kid and Emanda's brother and BOOM instantly justified my like of him and her together! I like Jack, but I think things are more interesting if she's genuinely torn between Daniel/Jack, only to find out she's been diddling her brother. I'm not sold on the theory but it amuses me greatly.

I love that CCH Pounder is helping Emanda out, and that Amily iced her Frank problem. I also like finding out that Ashley admitted her social climber goals and Tyler and her bonded over that. I like when there aren't unnecessary secrets, and people actually reveal stuff to one another.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmine Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:57 pm

blixie wrote:OMG this last episode was awesome, although damn ABC why you gotta be a tease, you could have at least shown the Tyler/Nolan kiss. To be fair it's been pretty chaste on the heteroside of sex scenes too, which is..weird for a nighttime soap.

Also weird I find myself liking Daniel even though he's totally a blank, for some reason both the actor/character are reminding of nothing so much as Jake Ryan. And in Emergency Incest Alert System news I then I heard a theory Daniel might be David's kid and Emanda's brother and BOOM instantly justified my like of him and her together! I like Jack, but I think things are more interesting if she's genuinely torn between Daniel/Jack, only to find out she's been diddling her brother. I'm not sold on the theory but it amuses me greatly.

I love that CCH Pounder is helping Emanda out, and that Amily iced her Frank problem. I also like finding out that Ashley admitted her social climber goals and Tyler and her bonded over that. I like when there aren't unnecessary secrets, and people actually reveal stuff to one another.

I think that the theory that seems more likely is that Charlotte is Amanda's sister, not Daniel, because the timing is right for Charlotte, and if Amanda and Daniel are about the same age, I'm not sure if that works out. Daniel is like a likable but boring puppy to me, he seems perfectly nice but not at all interesting or intelligent. Poor Daniel.

Jasmine

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:13 pm

I think that the theory that seems more likely is that Charlotte is Amanda's sister, not Daniel, because the timing is right for Charlotte

Yeah I think the theory is based purely on Victoria valuing Daniel *above* Charlotte (which we saw evidence of twice in that last ep), when she hates Conrad and still is hung up on David, so it makes more sense to value the child of the man she still loves over the child of the man she now loathes. And I'd like it a lot if David was cheating on Amanda's mother with Victoria, her idolization of him has to be tarnished and her revenge tainted eventually. I mean I'm cool with him NOT being her brother, but it's literally the only thing that I can see making Daniel interesting. Heh.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmine Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:44 pm

blixie wrote:
I think that the theory that seems more likely is that Charlotte is Amanda's sister, not Daniel, because the timing is right for Charlotte

Yeah I think the theory is based purely on Victoria valuing Daniel *above* Charlotte (which we saw evidence of twice in that last ep), when she hates Conrad and still is hung up on David, so it makes more sense to value the child of the man she still loves over the child of the man she now loathes. And I'd like it a lot if David was cheating on Amanda's mother with Victoria, her idolization of him has to be tarnished and her revenge tainted eventually. I mean I'm cool with him NOT being her brother, but it's literally the only thing that I can see making Daniel interesting. Heh.

Yes, agreed, and this is why I find it so weird that she values Daniel so much over Charlotte!

Jasmine

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:06 pm

Though if Charlotte is the accidental child of an affair she had to deny for years, from a man she had to ruin... I could see those mixed-up emotions leading to her pushing that child away.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  dreago Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:24 am

OKay peeps, a friend of mine pointed out that Emily is always wearing primary colors. I was blown away by this and was trying hard to think what constant wearing of red, white and blue meant. My friend was theorizing that there was some kind of supergirl connection. But then last night she wore green. Argh. Any thoughts on the nature of Emily's wardrobe?

Also, I did not see the Nolan twist coming. I thought for sure the Jack/Amanda hard on he had was some creepy sublimation thing he had going for Amanda that would somehow go sour leading to his eventual betrayal. Now, it could still be sublimation...for the both of them. He does seem awfully keen on being Jack's bff!

It doesn't seem like Emanda to leave such an obvious hole in her plans...especially if the warden is in on it. Hmm, this is the first time I was a little dissapointed with the show. Other than that one little niggling issue, I am very very very much enjoying this show. It has now surpassed Gossip Girl as my fave trashy nighttime soap. There is no point during this show where I hit fast forward. Which is sadly, no longer the case for GG. Pretty people wearing pretty clothes making out. Always a winning formula in dreagoland!

dreago

Back to top Go down

Post  Ji Xiang Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:37 am

I love this show so much... was holding my breath throughout the entire episode. So many "ooooh, shit!" moments!

Ji Xiang

Back to top Go down

Post  Auroura76 Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:39 pm

I just want to come in here a moment and bitch because one of my roommates (who I hate, but that's besides the point) made fun of me when I professed my love for this show back when it first started, but what do I come home to last night? But her watching MY DVR-ed episodes of the show. She probably deleted them, not even realizing I was the one who set up the DVR. (Not a smart one, this roommate.)

But anyway.

I can't get over how hot Wechsler is. He was always the bright spot on Roswell but he is hot like FI-YUH on this. Damn.

Auroura76

Back to top Go down

Post  josie Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:01 am

I'm just here to voice my intense dislike for Declan. If he were played by a different actor, I think, I would be a bit more sympathetic. This guy just gets on my nerves. It could be the voice or the mannerisms or that extremely long neck. This is serious. It's made me de-lurk after 4 years of lurkage.

josie

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:21 pm

I can't get over how hot Wechsler is. He was always the bright spot on Roswell but he is hot like FI-YUH on this. Damn.

OMG! I didn't even realize that was the same actor.

Shouldn't Emily/Amanda taken care of Amanda/Emily a long time ago? That seems like a huge liability to have her out there stripping and maybe getting desperate. i mean I know they have this bond or whatever but still!
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Auroura76 Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:54 pm

josie wrote:I'm just here to voice my intense dislike for Declan. If he were played by a different actor, I think, I would be a bit more sympathetic. This guy just gets on my nerves. It could be the voice or the mannerisms or that extremely long neck. This is serious. It's made me de-lurk after 4 years of lurkage.

That IS serious. And so warranted! I hate that kid. He is the weakest link on the show by far.

Auroura76

Back to top Go down

Post  dreago Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:59 am

No one was a excited about the whole Japan angle huh? That'd what I love abou this show. It's rolling along, being believable and then they throw in some, oh yeah, and she was trained in Japan on how to be a Ninja Assasin revenge seeker. It's straight out of Melrose place in levels of soap cheese but because the tone of the show is not Melrose-y, it weirdly works. Even though it shouldn't. Because, I mean think about it. There's melodrama and then there's going to Japan to study being a viper necause your dad told you to in a note that also says, but i wish you wouldnt follow this awesome path!"melodrama. It sounds stupid saying it out loud but when I was watching I laughed and was like, of course she did! Love it! And then I stage whispered, like I always do when I watch this show, REVENGE!

dreago

Back to top Go down

Post  Ji Xiang Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:20 pm

dreago wrote: And then I stage whispered, like I always do when I watch this show, REVENGE!

That's awesome. I'm going to start doing it too, if you don't mind, hee.

I'm still really really loving this show - and I was spoiled for the mentor, so it wasn't too surprisingly. I do think she's surprisingly... not as well planned as one would think (she still has Frank's wallet???). And I do think she's a bit unfair to the real Emily Thorne, but of course, the real one's batshit craziness is starting to come out...

And we noticed Nolan seeing Ashley walking into the pool house before asking Tyler for a kiss. Very beautifully planned.

Ji Xiang

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilraen Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:15 am

dreago wrote:No one was a excited about the whole Japan angle huh? That'd what I love abou this show. It's rolling along, being believable and then they throw in some, oh yeah, and she was trained in Japan on how to be a Ninja Assasin revenge seeker. It's straight out of Melrose place in levels of soap cheese but because the tone of the show is not Melrose-y, it weirdly works. Even though it shouldn't. Because, I mean think about it. There's melodrama and then there's going to Japan to study being a viper necause your dad told you to in a note that also says, but i wish you wouldnt follow this awesome path!"melodrama. It sounds stupid saying it out loud but when I was watching I laughed and was like, of course she did! Love it! And then I stage whispered, like I always do when I watch this show, REVENGE!

I was laughing for like 10 minutes after the whole Japan thing was introduced. "To be among vipers you must become a viper." Love it. This show couldn't be better.

But wasn't the note from the Warden not her dad? I thought I saw her name on the stationery at the top.

Gilraen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:29 pm

I stage whispered, like I always do when I watch this show, REVENGE!

Heh, I totally do that too.

I really like this show, but it is ABSURD. Emily is a terrible Revenge-Getter -- who leaves a Box of Secrets on her living room table, like, all the time?! And also has a tattoo on her wrist matching graffiti on her porch from Years Before? She is terrible at covering her tracks!
Jessica
Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:38 pm

Who trades identities with an unstable psychopath?
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:30 pm

And RealEmily came cheap too -$500K?!?

The Japan thing is SO ridiculous and hilarious and AWESOME that it actually brought me back around to liking the show. I'm in the minority I think in that I think EVC is awful. She's got a grand total of 2 expressions and she's not very good at the fake nice one. She seriously has REVENGE!! (hee) on her face to the point I don't know why everyone isn't suspicious of her all the time.

Even more ridiculous is poor party-planning/maid/nurse Ashley. If Queen V had a dog, poor Ashley wouldn't have time for anything else.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:50 pm

truecrystal wrote: I'm in the minority I think in that I think EVC is awful. She's got a grand total of 2 expressions and she's not very good at the fake nice one. She seriously has REVENGE!! (hee) on her face to the point I don't know why everyone isn't suspicious of her all the time.

Even more ridiculous is poor party-planning/maid/nurse Ashley. If Queen V had a dog, poor Ashley wouldn't have time for anything else.

Ha! I agree about EVC. She also looks about 10 years younger than everyone else who is supposed to be roughly her age.
And I don't get Ashley. At all. If she wants to be rich/part of society, why the hell was she wasting her time with dopey, annoying Tyler? Go after Conrad! That'd kill Victoria!
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:55 pm

She's got a grand total of 2 expressions and she's not very good at the fake nice one.

Hee that is actually one of my favorite parts, Emanda's deault tight little butter wouldn't melt smile, there is a very large part of me rooting for Victoria in that battle of the beyotches. My feeling on this show is as long as Nolan walks around dressing and acting ridiculous I will remain entertained.

I just realized the guy who plays Tyler was Michael J. Fox in another life, only now he's working The Secret of My Gay Hooker Success.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:06 pm

blixie wrote: there is a very large part of me rooting for Victoria in that battle of the beyotches. My feeling on this show is as long as Nolan walks around dressing and acting ridiculous I will remain entertained.

I just realized the guy who plays Tyler was Michael J. Fox in another life, only now he's working The Secret of My Gay Hooker Success.

I am totally rooting for Victoria despite my Madeline Stowe hate because I think Amanda's revenge plots at least so far have been pretty lame. All the really interesting shit that's happened--BadActress Amber Valetta FALLING OFF A BUILDING and ending up in a coma; Tyler's sneaky bastardry; RealEmily--have had nothing to do with Amanda's revenge plotting, at least directly. Plus I really like Daniel and I want him to come out of this ok. (BTW, how far away from the engagement party are we?)

Nolan cracks me up, but I want to know how he changed from the cool mysterious guy that picked Amanda up from juvie to the flamboyant crackpot he is now.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmine Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:39 pm

Man, at the beginning of this show I found Nolan useless and irritating, how times have changed! He is now totally my favorite character on the show. I love that he made Tyler kiss him when he saw Ashley coming.

I wish this whole change in Ashley from being Emily's bff to her frenemy was a little better set up, but that's okay, at least it makes Ashley a little more interesting.

Occasionally I start feeling for Victoria, but then they have a flashback of her screwing over Amanda's poor dad, and then boom, I'm on Emily's side again. But those two are delicious together, especially since Victoria seems to have only one dress, just in many different colors. I reallllllly hope that they take Tyler down, though, because I hate that guy.

Jasmine

Back to top Go down

Post  dreago Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:08 pm

When I saw that Victoria had Amanda forcibly and fraudulently institutionalized and mind-tortured by that shrink? That earned my everlasting hatred. Now THAT is some sick shit right there.

Love this show!

dreago

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:33 pm

When I saw that Victoria had Amanda forcibly and fraudulently institutionalized and mind-tortured by that shrink? That earned my everlasting hatred. Now THAT is some sick shit right there.

Exactly my thoughts.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:15 pm

biakbiak wrote:

Exactly my thoughts.

OK I totally must have zoned out on that because I don't remember that at all. That is some sick shit, so I can go back to comfortably hating Victoria/Madeline Stowe again. But I still can't say I'm actively rooting for Amanda either.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum