Page 15 of 28 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down

Celebrities and the Law - Page 15 Empty Re: Celebrities and the Law

Post  Shadowlass on Fri May 03, 2013 1:59 pm

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Fri May 03, 2013 3:26 pm

That is some Alabama spin off the Bad Girl's Club shit.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella on Mon May 06, 2013 7:08 pm

Lauryn Hill sentenced to three months in prison for not paying taxes.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Tue May 07, 2013 2:11 am

How has Lauryn Hill become such a hot mess over the last decade? It's so sad.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Tue May 07, 2013 2:33 am

I am side eyeing her equating this with slavery.

It makes me sad too. I blame Wyclef Jean. Is that fair? Probably not, but I still will. Also I assume that Pras' role in the Fugees was always to slip Lauryn and 'Clef their meds (because seriously what else was he doing there?) and so as such, the break up of the Fugees too.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Tue May 07, 2013 11:20 am

Poor Pras was probably all "Can you guys get your shit together so we can record again?! People actually liked us enough to wanna hear more stuff, and you're pissing it all away."

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho on Tue May 07, 2013 1:53 pm

Dude, I wish they'd both get right so Fugees would return. But given the drama going on, I don't know if the music they'd make would be as good as the past.

And damn. I am sad about Lauryn. Miseducation of Lauryn Hill is one of the greatest albums ever.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Tue May 07, 2013 2:35 pm

If they made new music, it would probably just involve Lauryn and Wyclef dissing each other in not so subtle ways. I...would be down for that quite honestly.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Tue May 07, 2013 2:42 pm

I went to see Lauryn when she came to Winnipeg...last year? She had some new music or stuff she was working on or whatever and...it was not good. However her voice is still amazing and Miseducation of Lauryn Hill is really good.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Tue May 07, 2013 2:55 pm

My sis was supposed to see her when she came to LA yodo a really intimate set last year, but I forget what happened. She either didn't show up at all or began super late. Either way, fans were pissed.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Tue May 07, 2013 3:01 pm

Yeah she was late and it was a short set for us too. She...is just not right, right now. Is what I got from it.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Tue May 07, 2013 5:12 pm

She hasn't been right for a long while. Thanks a lot, Wyclef!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Thu May 16, 2013 11:32 am

Guess I'll put this here, but move it if another place makes more sense. Choreographer Wade Robson admits that Michael Jackson sexually abused him for 7 years and forced him to cover it up when he was on trial.

Last edited by Carrie Ann on Thu May 16, 2013 11:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Thu May 16, 2013 11:36 am

Yeah I've been following it on ONTD and MJ fans are still insane and victim blamey if anyone was wondering.

I don't know why Robson would lie about this. He has a very good career in a field where Michael Jackson was worshipped. I'm inclined to believe him, as I am with all victims.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Thu May 16, 2013 11:36 am

Absolutely. I've always thought it happened, and I'm glad Wade's dealing with it. I love him.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Thu May 16, 2013 11:53 am

There was too much smoke around MJ for there to be no fire, IMHO. I figured it was only a matter of time before people came forward after his death.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo on Thu May 16, 2013 12:45 pm

and convince him that if anyone knew what they had done together, "both of us would go to jail for the rest of our lives."
I know that parents and teachers and whoever try to tell kids, you know, you have a right not to be touched, go tell an adult, etc. But--if they don't already--I wish they would sit down and also go through some of these head games and be like, "It doesn't matter if they tell you that no one will believe you or everyone will hate you or you'll be punished." Like, "listen for these phrases, they aren't true." It just breaks my heart that that's how so many people get away with this shit.
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

http://http;//cleolinda.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Thu May 16, 2013 12:57 pm

bookworm wrote:There was too much smoke around MJ for there to be no fire, IMHO. I figured it was only a matter of time before people came forward after his death.

Agreed. Robson sounds like dealing with the abuse is still wrapped up in the chaos that was MJ's life in that article. And he works in, more or less, MJ's industry. Even with the man's death, there's very little benefit (perhaps eventually financially, but the estate is also an epic mess) to a false claim. I believe that it was becoming a father and imaging his child as a victim that spurred him to come forward.

It's harsh, but MJ dying when he did might have been the best thing for his own children.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Melk on Thu May 16, 2013 5:03 pm

The amount of victim blaming on ONTD relating to this story is really stomach churning.
Melk
Melk

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Thu May 16, 2013 7:32 pm

Yep. My favorite is the people who admit he may have been molested but that it feels wrong saying that about a dead man. If (and I believe he did) Michael Jackson molested Wade Robson, our concern should be the man who has been holding this in for over 20 years and having to deal with the psychological terror that Jackson inflicted on him even after he stopped the physical and sexual abuse. Not the dead man who has had the greatest case of post death white washing I have ever seen.

ONTD, I like The Way She Makes Me Feel too but you need to open your damn eyes. I enjoyed Kid Fury's podcast The Read but I deleted it for their comments on this case. A lot of comments about what a money hungry, fame hungry has been Wade Robson is. That seems to be the general trend with Jackson supporters, pointing out how washed up Wade Robson is. And its not true. Hes not all over the news because he no longer has a show on MTV nor is he breaking up Britney and JT allegedly, but hes one of the highest paid and most well respected choreographers in his genre. I think financially hes probably fine.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Thu May 16, 2013 8:43 pm

It really and truly sucks to know that someone I've loved since I was a kid actually abused children. I just can't imagine what it's like to internalize the feelings from years of abuse and to never share the pain you've endured because you're afraid no one will believe you or that you'll hurt the person who's victimized you. Good on Wade for speaking the truth. Hopefully, this will go a long way in helping to heal the psychological and emotional scars that he carries with him.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Fri May 17, 2013 3:31 am

Kiran wrote: A lot of comments about what a money hungry, fame hungry has been Wade Robson is. That seems to be the general trend with Jackson supporters, pointing out how washed up Wade Robson is. And its not true. Hes not all over the news because he no longer has a show on MTV nor is he breaking up Britney and JT allegedly, but hes one of the highest paid and most well respected choreographers in his genre. I think financially hes probably fine.
And I mean, exactly how many choreographers are truly widely known by the general public? It's not a job you pursue if you want to be a megastar.

What makes me sad (and also amazed at Robson's bravery) is there's more than enough victim blaming when the perpetrator ISN'T a famous celebrity with lots of fans.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Fri May 17, 2013 10:56 am

I also find it strange to say that he's fame-hungry because although I know he's kept himself busy, he hasn't been on SYTYCD since the first seasons (not much anyway), but he could easily have been a mainstay because he was the most popular choreographer on the show (along with Mia Michaels). Instead, he went back behind the scenes to do tours and videos (and an occasional Dancing With the Stars or SYTYCD number). I also don't get the impression he's really hurting for cash, and if he were, he would have filed this creditor claim before the deadline passed.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Fri May 17, 2013 11:23 am

Even when you take in the reports that he is financially in a not great place and passed up huge jobs and lost interest in jobs because of a break down...the timing appears to be two years ago which is when he states he had his son and had a breakdown...so thats not really one against him tbh.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Fri May 24, 2013 12:54 am

Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down