Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Watching

+112
Corvus
vwlphb
darthtall
Grainne Mhaol
pinguerin
MichiSichi
jstilwe
bookworm
Coneycat
BrightEyes
Heather
Evil Lincoln
Tabby
sunni94
chick binewski
jensa
ulkis
laurelin_kit
salamandersam
Jude
Case
mandalaya
Gilraen
Pumpkin Cake
big chicken
violetq
Dachelle
Shadowlass
Algae
jennlynnster
Matinee
Never Enough
bosoxgirl
VodouDoll
ActonBell
Kiran
punkysdilemma
Agent Sculder
Arabella
MaddyCat
The Glen
Morning Angel
naughty zoot
Fiammetta
dionneshea
slowmotion
xyzzy
mayram
Wildog27
Jamie
Menshevixen
bbridges
laddical
puddingcup
Putli Bai
CherryFlame
Miss Moneypenny
Escape
Jessica
blixie
The Dude
Cynara
nikita
Gillian
Red Wolf
gannetguts
chibimanda
GoodbyeWithWords
Wilhelmina
punzy
Bad Username
dreago
tothemax
QueenSix
RiverThames
jcpdiesel21
Luthien
marooned
biakbiak
mrinsouciance
sen3
sagitare
Raised by wolves
Swarley
whatthedeuce
Gallifrey Girl
Poubelle
epudom
maxell131313
truecrystal
Francie Nolan
Raksha
Carrie Ann
Instant Monkeys
Genevieve
rivki8699
Eris Rising
mokey75
Lindsay Weir
mialoubug
caltrask55
queenofdenile
emrie
eventide82
snorf
katesti
Binky
Unlucky Bear
choubetcha
TiffanyNichelle
inversed
jaraga
116 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

What Are You Watching - Page 2 Empty Re: What Are You Watching

Post  Raksha Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:33 am

Today I'm doing a Xena marathon. I got some of the DVDs recently when I remembered how much I adored the show when I was a kid. And I still love it! Such cheesy, adorable, fun goodness! Also, I can't believe it took me so long to figure out I'm a giant queermo. This show...really should have been a clue.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Francie Nolan Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:36 pm

mokey75 wrote:I started Downton Abbey. And I am seriously contemplating upgrading my Netflix to two at home, so I can finish the damn series without waiting three days in between. I hate that there are only 2 episodes on the first disc -I wanted more!

I just started it too! I've been watching it on streaming and I have only two episodes left of the first series.
Spoiler:
It's so soapy and delicious! And Maggie Smith! I want to just sit and watch her casually deploy withering insults all day long! And the clothes! And sets! And numerous panning shots of fancy table settings!

So, U.S. folks: is there any way to watch the second series by legal means or do I have to wait until it starts back on PBS in January?

Francie Nolan

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:39 pm

Francie, I just finished it this afternoon and I can't wait another month! If you find it somewhere, let me know!
I pink puffy heart Anna and Bates. So much.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:35 am

Since winter premieres are starting, I thought I'd bump this thread.

I'll be checking out The Firm for Josh Lucas, House of Lies for Don Cheadle, and Alcatraz because it looks neat. Being Human also starts back on SyFy this week and I'm really looking forward to it. And not just because Sam Witwer is a sexy beast. That show ended up being better than the original in a lot of ways. Justified and Southland return this week which means that my DVR will be getting quite the workout.

(When did Monday nights get so crowded? I've got 6 shows that night!)

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:15 pm

I'm interested in The Firm too as well as Smash. And whatever the new show is with Kiefer Sutherland...the one where his son is autistic but can somehow use complex mathematics to see the future or something. It looked interesting.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  epudom Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:45 pm

I just watched a truly terrible tv movie -Magic Beyond Words - the JK Rowling Story starring Poppy Montgomery. Even watching it on fast forward didn't improve the experience much; it was like watching terrible a fanfiction on screen. I know the film was made in America for American audiences, but dude - a bit of fact checking (and not just on Wikipedia) about one of the most famous Britons alive would not have gone amiss.
epudom
epudom

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:25 pm

The Fug Girls did a really entertaining recap of it on GFY. I suspect that it was a better experience than the actual TV movie.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:35 pm

Well what I'm not watching is The Golden Globes. At least, tonight. I that it was this evening and was looking forward to it during the day. D'oh!

I can't wait for Face Off season two starting this Wednesday. Loved last season. Special effects make up reality show/contest, not a Nicholas Cage movie.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:47 pm

I'm officially obsessed with Leverage and have been marathoning eps for the past few days now. It all began because I thought the Parker and Hardison characters would look adorable together (yes, very shallow), but the first few minutes of the pilot sold me on pretty much everyone. I love Hardison and Eliot's endless potshots at one another, Parker's capacity to be both badass and also cheerfully oblivious of social protocol, Sophie's many awesome accents (the Boston one was atrocious though!), and Nate...well, he's a good leader. And quite funny with his quips and asides about what crazy kids he's working with. This show is GOLDEN.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:52 pm

Republic of Doyle, with special guest star Russel Crowe. Who got his ass tasered. It was funny and satisfying.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:50 am

Ditto on Face Off, Gallifrey Girl. Good show.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:15 am

Swarley wrote:Republic of Doyle, with special guest star Russel Crowe. Who got his ass tasered. It was funny and satisfying.
Best part of the episode!

I checked out the pilot for another Canadian show, Mr. D which I rather liked. The character has a David Brent (The Office, UK flavah) vibe to him (although softer around the edges) and as a viewer you're kind of squirming with embarrassment for this guy as he negotiates his work and social spaces. But there's a sweetness to him and an honesty that the actor brings out rather nicely, so it's an interesting balance to watch. It's definitely not the usual run-of-the-mill comedian sitcom show.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:41 am

I was just coming here to post about Face Off! I watched all of Season 1 yesterday just in time for the start of Season 2 tonight. It is fascinating! If the first challenge tonight is any indication for this season then we are in store for some great makeup/effects.

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:16 am

Face Off got off to another great season! How cool was it that Ve hired last year's winner to work on The Hunger Games? I actually wished the show had been longer to see more of the first challenge. Some of them were barely shown.

Also, instead of the morphing thing they do to show the transformation from model to finished character, I wish they'd do a few seconds of timelapse of the four hours of application.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:20 pm

Spartacus Vengeance tonight!

Also just started watching Sons of Anarchy after a friend said it was sort of like the white Wire. Holy heck it's so good, can't believe I never gave it a thought before. I love Netflix, but only when they are streaming shows I want to watch.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:48 am

I polished off all four seasons of Leverage in under 3 weeks. New crack: I have found it.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:38 am

Leverage is third on my list after I finish Sons and Justified.

One good thing about the megaupload catastrophe that's cutting me off from all my Asian drama episodes, I can catch up on the good American tv I'd been missing.

Also, watch Spartacus. Not sure about the new guy yet. He doesn't seem to have the same great physicality (and physique) that AW had. But I'll keep watching, though everything feels very different, not just having a new actor. It's kind of fitting that the story and tone of the show/plot changed so much anyway.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:57 am

Yesterday, I burned through the second disc of season 1 of Pretty Little Liars. This show is crack. Seriously. I don't know where they found the dude who plays Toby, but he creeps me right the eff out. And Ezra is hot. How come none of my teachers looked like that in high school?
Also, I can't help but wonder what the hell shampoo/conditioner these girls use, because their hair is awesome.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:00 am

sen3, if you find that you enjoy Leverage, please come and squee with me about it because I love that show like it were my child. Seriously. (This is probably grounds for the universe to deem me unfit for parenthood now and forever.)

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:01 am

We just watched the BAFTA's (this is the first year we had BBCA on our cable lineup) and by god I want Stephen Fry to host next year's Oscars. He is so hilarious - though I'm not sure how well he'd play to the American audience as a whole.

Also, leading off with Tom Jones belting out Thunderball in tribute to 50 years of Bond was fantastic.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:24 pm

Has anyone been watching The Supersizers Go, a British series that is airing on The Cooking Channel? I really enjoy it. They two hosts, inspired by Supersize Me, go to different times in history for a week and eat a typical menu and try to mimic the lifestyle. I found it endlessly entertaining!
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  marooned Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:04 am

I caught some of the Restoration episode and really enjoyed it too. How many times did they manage to poison themselves that week? I couldn't imagine living on a diet of meat, ale, more meat and, of course, more ale all the time. I felt a bit sick on their behalves. Loved his wig!

marooned

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:19 am

My sister and I ran through 16 eps of Happy Endings yesterday. The characters are hilarious, and man, I never thought I'd get to like Elisha Cuthbert, but Alex is so ditzy and lovable, and Elisha plays her perfectly!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Luthien Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:33 am

Has anyone been watching The Supersizers Go

I watched every episode a couple of years ago on YouTube. Food Network Canada aired some episodes for about five minutes then it disappeared (like every good show they air!), but fortunately everything's available online. I love Giles and Sue! You learn so much interesting history while watching, and the food they have to eat! Either it's insane, or looks delicious. I love the Victorian episode and the Regency episode (the regency one is the only one I can think of where they didn't play husband and wife: I'm not usually a shipper and Sue is a lesbian and Giles is married, but I ship them madly on the show). The WWII episode was good too: I didn't know that vegetables weren't rationed. It was cool to see them go shopping in a modern grocery store in the Victorian episode, and still be able to buy many brands that are common today, but also existed back then. I wish the show was on DVD.

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Does anyone know if Top Chef Canada has had a second season yet? That show was a bit of a drug when I found out about it last year!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next