Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Watching

+112
Corvus
vwlphb
darthtall
Grainne Mhaol
pinguerin
MichiSichi
jstilwe
bookworm
Coneycat
BrightEyes
Heather
Evil Lincoln
Tabby
sunni94
chick binewski
jensa
ulkis
laurelin_kit
salamandersam
Jude
Case
mandalaya
Gilraen
Pumpkin Cake
big chicken
violetq
Dachelle
Shadowlass
Algae
jennlynnster
Matinee
Never Enough
bosoxgirl
VodouDoll
ActonBell
Kiran
punkysdilemma
Agent Sculder
Arabella
MaddyCat
The Glen
Morning Angel
naughty zoot
Fiammetta
dionneshea
slowmotion
xyzzy
mayram
Wildog27
Jamie
Menshevixen
bbridges
laddical
puddingcup
Putli Bai
CherryFlame
Miss Moneypenny
Escape
Jessica
blixie
The Dude
Cynara
nikita
Gillian
Red Wolf
gannetguts
chibimanda
GoodbyeWithWords
Wilhelmina
punzy
Bad Username
dreago
tothemax
QueenSix
RiverThames
jcpdiesel21
Luthien
marooned
biakbiak
mrinsouciance
sen3
sagitare
Raised by wolves
Swarley
whatthedeuce
Gallifrey Girl
Poubelle
epudom
maxell131313
truecrystal
Francie Nolan
Raksha
Carrie Ann
Instant Monkeys
Genevieve
rivki8699
Eris Rising
mokey75
Lindsay Weir
mialoubug
caltrask55
queenofdenile
emrie
eventide82
snorf
katesti
Binky
Unlucky Bear
choubetcha
TiffanyNichelle
inversed
jaraga
116 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

What Are You Watching - Page 40 Empty Re: What Are You Watching

Post  Cutebutpsycho Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:34 pm

Selfie I feel like was the most deceptive regarding pilot vs rest of the episodes. I'm really enjoying it as a wacky workplace comedy and the ensemble is pretty awesome. I love Charmonique and Eliza together as friends, the R&D crew, the boss and his oddness and even Joan with her square jaw and YELP love.

I've been telling everyone I know to watch Jane the Virgin. If you love telenovas, this is perfect because it's so soapy, funny and the cast is amazing. If it only gets one season, I hope they get the chance to tie up the loose ends by the finale because I'm a frickin closet romantic.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:39 pm

Selfie is not doing great in the ratings, I'm sorry to say. But it is picking up critical steam, so maybe they'll give it a bit more of a chance. Burning off two eps on Election night was not a positive sign though. Odds are not in its favor.

Meanwhile, Season 2 of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries finally showed up on Netflix, so I've watched like eight episodes in two days. It remains a sheer delight, and in fact I like this season better than the first so far. I'm already planning to just start the season over again when I'm done. Tomorrow, most likely.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:36 pm

I think Selfie is safe through the mid-season because if it was going to go down now it would have done so two weeks ago when ABC axed Manhattan Love Story.

Unfortunately, ABC really needs to up their game for Tuesdays somehow. Both Selfie and Agents of SHIELD are better shows than their ratings would indicate, but both suffer from having rough starts - Selfie's first few episodes were almost grating with how broad Eliza's unlikeability was, and unfortunately SHIELD is still trying to shake off the stigma of the first half of last season when they had to tread water waiting for Captain America to come out.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:51 pm

I wasn't a huge fan, so I wasn't very disappointed, though I wonder how they were planning on continuing the story after the initial premise of their 8 months of dating was over.

One of the writers confirmed that the plan was that after the 8 months
Spoiler:
I love Cristin and Ben but nothing else works about the show and it's not funny.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:07 pm

According to Deadline Selfie has been cancelled, in a we'll make no more than our already committed episodes way. So like A to Z apparently they will still air what they make and conceivable there is tiny slim chance ratings will go up and they get suddenly saved.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:13 pm

I'm still bummed about this and am now forming a prayer circle around Jane the Virgin.

I hope that Eliza and Henry get together, but if not, I'm going to create a different show in my head that will match the ending I want.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:41 pm

Selfie has been getting better and better with every episode so I'm truly bummed to see it go -- John Cho and Karen Gillan have great chemistry! And I really enjoyed all of the supporting characters getting more development as well. Bleurgh.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:49 pm

Yeah, sad that Selfie got cancelled. I really liked it.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheli Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:57 am

Nooo, not Selfie! Don't they give shows a fair chance anymore? Can someone organize a Insta-protest or something?

I am really hoping that The CW's lower rating standards allow Jane the Virgin enough time to build a real audience. I know the reviews have been good, and I am absolutely loving it.  Every time I think something is going to be too cheesy, they turn it around.  Jane manages to be funny, smart, sassy, and honest, all without being cloying or fake.  I love it and I'm impressed that they're moving certain storylines ahead quickly, such as Petra's
spoiler:
which I thought they'd draw out all season.

Sheli

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:40 am

I thought I was done with Star Wars. I fell in love with the original trilogy as a kid, and like most was generally disappointed with the "new" trilogy (although Revenge of the Sith is good). And then I started watching The Clone Wars animated series, and I fell back in love again. It helps that my favorite character has always been Obi-Wan Kenobi, and with the series I finally get to see more of his adventures.

I really like the way that the show works is that episodes are clustered together to make little mini-stories. It really lets you get to know the characters better. And some of the episodes have even brought me close to tears (the episode where the clones defend Kamino was one of those). I really recommend it, even if you have become disillusioned with Star Wars in general.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:56 pm

Sheli wrote:Nooo, not Selfie! Don't they give shows a fair chance anymore? Can someone organize a Insta-protest or something?

I am really hoping that The CW's lower rating standards allow Jane the Virgin enough time to build a real audience. I know the reviews have been good, and I am absolutely loving it.  Every time I think something is going to be too cheesy, they turn it around.  Jane manages to be funny, smart, sassy, and honest, all without being cloying or fake.  I love it and I'm impressed that they're moving certain storylines ahead quickly, such as Petra's
spoiler:
which I thought they'd draw out all season.

I am also bummed about Selfie because it was starting to find itself.

Jane The Virgin is just perfectly hitting the right tone. I don't think I would have ever sampled this show had it not gotten good reviews, but I'm so glad I've been watching it because it has been pitch perfect so far.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:10 am

Agent Sculder wrote:I thought I was done with Star Wars.  I fell in love with the original trilogy as a kid, and like most was generally disappointed with the "new" trilogy (although Revenge of the Sith is good).  And then I started watching The Clone Wars animated series, and I fell back in love again.  It helps that my favorite character has always been Obi-Wan Kenobi, and with the series I finally get to see more of his adventures.

I really like the way that the show works is that episodes are clustered together to make little mini-stories.  It really lets you get to know the characters better.  And some of the episodes have even brought me close to tears (the episode where the clones defend Kamino was one of those).  I really recommend it, even if you have become disillusioned with Star Wars in general.

Is that still on-going? I used to watch it but I fell away. I liked it a lot but I just lost track of it. I do want to catch up if it's still airing new episodes.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:33 am

No, it's done. Every episode that was finished is on Netflix; there are four that weren't but were included in work-print form on the latest Blu-Ray.

The show currently in production is Star Wars Rebels which has a lot of promise and has been really solid story wise for its first five episodes. Unfortunately, it looks about a decade older than Clone Wars - the CGI is not good.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:31 am

Every week, Jane The Virgin confirms that it's just the best. It could be totally cliched, and yet, all the characters are surprisingly multidimensional and complex. I love forward to Monday night just for that TV treat.

Spoiler:
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:20 pm

I finally got around to starting that Korean drama called Modern Farmer, about a failed rock band who move to the country to grow cabbages on the land on member's deceased grandmother leaves him. I was expecting wacky hijinx, which it definitely delivers, but I was not expecting how sweet it is and how much I've come to love all the characters. You can watch it on Hulu or on Viki.

When is the next episode??? I need it!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:19 pm

I don't know where to put this. I'm not a fan of Jimmy Kimmel, but his Celebrities Read Mean Tweets series is my favorite. Here's number 8.

-------

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=581

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40