Celebrity Fashion

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Celebrity Fashion - Page 8 Empty Re: Celebrity Fashion

Post  Binky on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:26 pm

I cannot believe that Anne Hathaway really thought that the thing she wanted the most attention on the night of her 99.9% guaranteed Oscar win was her nipples. I know they were darts in the fabric, but damn, between the color and the location: NIPPLES. Aside from that (glaring flaw), I thought the dress was unremarkable but not in a bad way, and that above the neck she looked wonderful. But the darts were unforgivable. Unless I am missing a major part of her personality, and she totally wanted faux nipples.

Worst dressed to me was easily Melissa McCarthy, in the bedazzled sack and insane hair. She's a gorgeous woman and looked awful and also kind of crazy. I know being a larger person at these events is probably emotionally horrifying, but it looked like her hair/dress people assaulted her.

I really liked Renee Zellwegger's dress, and Nicole Kidman's. I wasn't a huge fan of the metal sequins on so many dresses; it looked heavy and busy on camera.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:38 pm

I thought Kristin Chenoweth, who is probably the smallest person there, pulled off the gold color the best. I loved her dress.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:01 am

I think I gasped when Amanda Seyfried walked onstage for the Les Mis performance. That dress was stunning and so elegant. Loved the cut, color, and length.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:33 am

I preferred the dress Jennifer Hudson wore to perform in over the dress she wore to the ceremony.

My favourites were Sandra Bullock and Kerry Washington.

Melissa McCarthy was easily the worst. So, so hideous.
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  katha on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:27 am

I heard Hathaway switched last minute from Valentino to Prada because her dress was too similar to Amanda Seyfried's. Which...if that is true, props to Anne for not being a drama llama and demanding that Seyfried change hers/throwing a fit and just changing her outfit and not complaining about it all night. But her second choice was just unfortunate, perhaps if it had been in a darker colour, or somehow tailored differently in the chest part, it would have been all right...

katha

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:55 am

My least favorite was a three-way tie between Helena Bonham Carter, Melissa McCarthy, and Kristen Stewart.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:43 am

I think my favorite dress was the one worn by Jamie Foxx's daughter, and wow, what a beautiful girl! She's just stunning.

My least favorite was definitely Melissa McCarthy. She should fire her stylist, if she has one, or take a hint from Adele, who looked so gorgeous that night. Someone else who should fire her stylist: Kristen Stewart, whose dress looked like a shapeless box on her. And I don't even know why she agrees to present at these things, when she's so awkward at it. You cut your foot? That gives you an excuse to STAY HOME. (I did think that maybe Daniel Radcliffe should have helped her across the stage since she was hobbling so badly, but then again, see: STAY HOME.)

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:09 am

I don't understand Kristen Stewart at all. The dress was eh, but couldn't she have at least washed her hair? Or run a freaking brush through it?
I get that her image is all "too punk rawk for this," but homeless junkie is not a look anyone should shoot for.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:10 pm

I agree that she should fire her stylist, as the dress didn't even fit her properly. That's pretty basic--like, not even style so much as "how clothes work."
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:28 pm

The dress was apparently from a 2009 bridal collection. I honestly don't think I would've liked it on anyone. It come off as gray to me...like it'd been dragging on a dusty floor all day. The bottom even looks a bit like a duster.

I was looking at some afterparty shots, and I think Amy Adams' dress there works much better than her Oscars gown.

I'm seeing a lot of people who preferred Jennifer Lawrence's afterparty dress too, but honestly, I like both and how they show such drastically different sides of her.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:40 pm

I liked JLaw's ball gown, but I admit I don't get the backward necklace, it looked great from the front but like, what, she was laying on it the whole ceremony?

My best dressed was a tie between Nomes and Stacy Keibler. I couldn't even believe how classy, um great her 20's dress/look was.

My other favorites were Sandy B whose dress recalled my favorite dress worn by her ever at the 98 Globes, Kerry Washington, Charlize Theron, and Halle Berry.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:53 pm

Anne Hathaway bizarrely apologizes for her nipple dress. Well, she doesn't use the word nipple, but I assume that's what she's sorry about.

She is very weird. Girl, you were best actress. You wear whatever you want. Even that stupid nipple dress.

Last edited by Binky on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:16 pm

I don't think it's that bizarre, she is trying to protect her relationship with Valentino who had sent out a press release before she walked the Red Carpet saying that she was going to be wearing Valentino. So it's more about not telling the Valentino people about the change.

Who knew Amanda Seyfried had such power!

biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:35 pm

I think it's pretty bizarre. I'm sure Valentino understood, and she could apologize to him personally. The story of what happened was already out there so I don't see why we needed this melodramatic statement. It's a dress. It's yet another example of her just going too far in trying to please everyone to the point where it just comes off as almost uncomfortable.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:42 pm

That's why I don't find it that bizarre because it is exactly the sort of thing I would expect from her. If it was Jennifer Lawrence or a number of other people out of character but it's so Anne!

Is Rachel Zoe still her stylist?
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:14 pm

biakbiak wrote:

Is Rachel Zoe still her stylist?

According to her answer backstage at the Oscars, yes (because, like Lawrence, she was mostly asked about being pretty not acting).

I just don't get why she couldn't apologize to Valentino privately and let her publicist field a polite, "Anne switched dresses, Valentino understands she still likes him." I thought the dress she rejected wasn't anything special and, while not overly similar to Seyfried's, more similar to a bunch of other dresses. I see why she switched (unless there was a third non-nipple option undisclosed).

Unless, as I first suggested, she's apologizing for the nipple effect. In which case, I applaud her.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:03 pm

Pretty sure this defies description, so just...

Bieber
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:51 pm

swsa wrote:Pretty sure this defies description, so just...

Bieber
I am SO HAPPY that outfit was memorialized on film to embarrass him for decades to come. It is spectacular. (He looks like he has a really wet diaper on!)

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:55 pm

(He looks like he has a really wet diaper on!)

Seriously, my friend lets her almost two year old pick out her clothes some times and between the combination of colors and the fact that she often puts random shit on her head and having saggy diaper pants, I sent her that picture and told her I thought her daughter was being unduly influenced by the Biebs.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  blooey on Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:53 pm

Binky wrote:
According to her answer backstage at the Oscars, yes (because, like Lawrence, she was mostly asked about being pretty not acting).

I just don't get why she couldn't apologize to Valentino privately and let her publicist field a polite, "Anne switched dresses, Valentino understands she still likes him." I thought the dress she rejected wasn't anything special and, while not overly similar to Seyfried's, more similar to a bunch of other dresses. I see why she switched (unless there was a third non-nipple option undisclosed).

Unless, as I first suggested, she's apologizing for the nipple effect. In which case, I applaud her.

I give her a pass for this because I think her statement had more to do with the fact that the whole thing was taking on this weird narrative where her switching her dress was another example of why everyone should hate her. If she hadn't released a statement, it would have dragged on longer.

I don't understand why she couldn't find something that fit better, though. The pink dress was so... pointy.

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 on Mon May 06, 2013 10:00 pm

Looking at pictures from tonight's Met Gala red carpet and my top three for most horrifying hair and makeup (a separate category from the dresses) 1. Ginnifer Goodwin 2. Miley Cyrus. 3. Elle Fanning.

And Anne Hathaway is now blonde. Which doesn't look bad, it's just such a startling change you do a double take.

Last edited by maxell131313 on Tue May 07, 2013 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Mon May 06, 2013 10:07 pm

Having just seen a picture of Miley's hair and makeup I am now terrified to see Ginnifer!

Also, if you haven't seen Nicole Richie there might be a change to your list!
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 on Mon May 06, 2013 10:16 pm

Oh, Sweet Lord, Nicole. What is this trend lately to turn your hair old lady platinum purple? It reminds me of that scene in Fried Green Tomatoes when Evelyn goes to visit Mrs. Threadgoode in the nursing home and she popped out with this shade of hair. Are you trying to look like Mrs. Threadgoode, Nicole?
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  BreezyK on Mon May 06, 2013 10:24 pm

I don't know, I think all three of them are at least trying to fit the theme, which is Punk. Much better than someone who just decided to wear a pretty gown, IMO (The three I'm referring to are Ginnifer, Nicole and Miley)

BreezyK

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 on Mon May 06, 2013 10:37 pm

Oh, my God. I cannot stop laughing at Nicole Richie's hair!

I kind of love Anna Wintour's gown.
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum