Celebrity Fashion

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Celebrity Fashion - Page 10 Empty Re: Celebrity Fashion

Post  Kiran on Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:44 pm

I've heard she does her own make up. I think shes beautiful in candids but agree she can sometimes look off on the red carpet and I've always thought it was because of that.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  emrie on Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:55 pm

Okay, WTF happened to Abigail Breslin??? Are those her...real boobs? Why is her hair...that color? I have...so many questions. And concerns. What happened this little cutie? Or even this more grown up gal?

(I feel like this could go into the "You used to be attractive" thread, but I couldn't find it, and there were some fashion questions...so forgive me.)

emrie

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:06 pm

Eh, if you can't dye your hair wacky colors and push up your boobs when you're 19, when can you? That's the age when a lot of young adults want to make a strong break from their "younger" selves and do something drastic to their appearance. Doesn't mean she'll look like that forever.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:22 pm

I really hate her shoes. Like, I couldn't even tell they were there and was trying to figure out what was going on with the pointy stumps. I thought she had on blue shoes that just blended in with the carpet. (My unpopular fashion opinion is that nude is a terrible shoe color and no, they do not make your legs look longer, they just make it look like you're wearing pumps in a color usually reserved for orthopedic shoes.)

I also agree that her boobs just look more pushed up/exposed rather than surgically altered. A push-up bra and a neckline (and no modest jacket) can do wonders. And that the platinum color isn't doing her any favors and will be one of those choices she looks back on and is all "why did my teenage self do that?"
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  eco on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:54 am

I think it is a phase she will outgrow and the alternative is looking like Miley Cyrus in a leather bra under a sheer skirt. Ok, so the Fanning sisters and Hailee Steinfeld do manage to balance fashion and age-appropriateness for the most part, but my feeling is IT COULD BE WORSE.

No one looks good in nude pumps aside from the Duchess of Cambridge. I can't figure out why, but she is the only one who can wear them. Maybe because the L. K. Bennett ones are just the right shade of beige and have just enough of a platform to give them definition without going into hoof-y territory the way the mega-platform spikes do?

ETA I just went back to look at the Go Fug Yourself post and got a better look at Abigail Breslin's photo and now all I see is that those awful satin pumps are giving her cankles.

eco

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:17 pm

biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:52 pm

I'm more tripped out by Abigail being 19 already than I am about her appearance. She's all grown up now!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella on Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:01 pm

If Miss USA isn't supposed to be a Transformer I'm not sure what she was going for.

Jamie Alexander in dress fittingly reminiscent of the Showgirls poster...

Last edited by Arabella on Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma on Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:24 pm

Ooh! That means the Miss Universe National Costume posts on TLo cannot be far behind. They rule.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:45 am

As a member of the heterosexual male contingent of this forum, I would like to thank Ms. Alexander for her contributions to the fashion world.

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:48 am

Hear hear!
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:54 am

Apparently, Jaimie Alexander chooses to wax. That was not information I ever expected or wanted to learn.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:03 am

I dunno. As a heterosexual male myself, I'd be more impressed if she turned up in full Sif garb.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:04 am

At a con? Yes. At a red carpet premier? I think that'd smack of trying too hard.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:28 am

Well, I didn't mean like that. I meant that to me, she looks better in her armour than the dress that nearly shows everything.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:47 am

Well I, for one, would love for her to turn up on a red carpet dressed like Sif. Just because I'd love it if people dressed like comic book characters IRL. Not, like, every day, but every once in a while to spice things up. I just feel like it would make reality a little bit more fabulous, because why the hell not. The world is a weird place anyway!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:12 pm

punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Muggsy on Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:44 pm

OMG - these are amazing. I'm dying at the thought of Angola and Guyana going to war with fire and ice birds.

Muggsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:36 pm

I had no idea the Transformers were so important to American culture. Also, I think we win for fugliest national costume, despite stiff competition. AMERICA!

I hope to see Canada's slutty mountie costume in stores next Halloween. I'm actually a little surprised that's not a thing already, but maybe I just live on the wrong side of the border.

I always feel a little bad for the girls like Norway who wear their country's actual, traditional costume. You're covered up from the neck to the floor, everyone else looks ready for Carnival on acid. Except for the two basic cocktail dress countries, but at least they got to show some leg.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  eco on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:26 pm

Man, Jennifer Lawrence's contract with Dior is like the worst celebrity/designer pairing ever. She looks 100 times better in anything she wears that *isn't* Dior, and everything she's gotten from Dior is either boring or horribly unflattering.

eco

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:27 pm

Just saw the Miss Universe costumes. This is the best we could do, America? Even Stephen Cobert couldn't approve of that one, I bet.

Miss Croatia's costume is kinda hot. Israel came out really well — I like the (comparative) simplicity of all the white.
--

I would like JL's dress if it weren't see-thru. The color is great, and the design is nice.

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:08 am

I am pretty certain the under piece was worn by various extras in the movie Gidget when hanging out at the beach.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  eco on Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:28 pm

The color is great, and the shape is dramatic, but in that photo from the side Jennifer Lawrence looks like she's wearing one of those mesh things you put over your plate when eating outside so the wasps don't dive-bomb your food. NO BUENO, DIOR.

eco

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea on Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:06 am

Golden Globes! Pretty people! Yay!

I'll start with what I thought was just straight up bad, because the list isn't long.
- I thought Jennifer Lawrence's dress was bad. I thought her hair and make-up were fabulous but that dress... Someone compared it to Ariel's rope dress in The Little Mermaid and they weren't far off.
- Lena Dunham didn't look great. The dress really wasn't her. Or maybe it was (I don't know her personally), but if so, it fit weirdly and the color wasn't great on her.
- Paula Patton is genetically flawless, but I found her dress both too much and too little. The ruffle was just too much, and the stark whiteness with how tight it was, too little.

On the note "one thing ruining the look":
- I liked how sleek Laura Carmichael looked, but I thought the positioning of the black drapey part of her dress to be odd. If it had started at the top, or even at the waist if there had been a small black band there or something, it would have worked. Where it is, doesn't.
- Hayden Panettiere's dress was fine, not particularly wonderful, but appropriate, pretty, and interesting. However her hair looks like someone put grease in it.
- Jessica Chastain's hair was not good. Her dress was also pretty, but all I could see was her hair.

On the note of, "they look great, but I can't tell if they really do or if it's just they look so much better than they ordinarily do":
- I love Rashida Jones's dress. I think the fit is perfect, and I love the palm trees. I wish there was color, but all-in-all, she looks fab.
- Zosia Mamet looked drop-dead gorgeous. That dress is perfect, her hair and make-up is flawless and she looked happy to be there. *applause*
- I can see how some people might not love Elisabeth Moss's dress, but I thought it was wonderful.

I'm not going to link to them, but I thought Michelle Dockery, Taylor Schilling, Tatiana Maslany, Emma Watson, Cate Blanchett, and Reese Witherspoon all looked great. Their dresses weren't exceptional, per se, but they all looked beautiful.

My favourites were:
- Helen Mirren. (Mila looks good, too.)
- Julia Roberts
- Lupita Nyong'o
- Julianna Margulies
- Melissa Rauch

And the dress that I don't dislike, but don't really understand: Sandra Bullock.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:30 pm

I don't think Elizabeth Moss' dress worked particularly impressively on camera, but I love the stills of it.

I also liked Lupita Nyong'o's dress. She's a stunningly attractive woman, but from what I've seen wears a lot of strong patterns that end up competing with her own beauty such that neither of them wins.

Paula Patton looked like she was being eaten by her dress, Olivia Wilde's dress fabric made her look like a pregnant snake, and Drew Barrymore's make up and dress seemed to have come from clown college.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum