Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrity Fashion

+77
Gallifrey Girl
bbridges
Coneycat
Muggsy
Red Wolf
eco
laddical
jstilwe
BreezyK
blooey
Jude
katha
year of the cat
maxell131313
TiffanyNichelle
naughty zoot
puddingcup
ulkis
bookworm
Raised by wolves
brewer
punkysdilemma
bosoxgirl
sunni94
Grainne Mhaol
Rhilin
sobe
Jasmine
Crowbridge
Arabella
Jessica
queenofdenile
slmader
Kookla
Instant Monkeys
Agent Sculder
Lindsay Weir
Lady V
Raksha
nazlan
emrie
particle_person
jcpdiesel21
ariadne
dionneshea
sen3
katesti
mokey75
mrinsouciance
Miss Moneypenny
Wildog27
Escape
Bad Username
dinahmoe
Putli Bai
Gillian
themis
blixie
Carrie Ann
tothemax
swsa
preciosa
Scarlettfish
whatthedeuce
biakbiak
FantasmaLexsi
Tabby
Algae
sagitare
Matinee
eventide82
ActonBell
big chicken
Kiran
Lily Rose
Poubelle
Binky
81 posters

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Celebrity Fashion - Page 13 Empty Re: Celebrity Fashion

Post  maxell131313 Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:03 am

Can NO ONE make Lena Dunham look elegant? Just about every time I see her at a red carpet event she looks like she got her dress the day before and didn't bother to try it on first. Or look in a mirror.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:43 am

The Fug girls speculated Lena dresses like she does, because she'd rather intentionally look a goofy mess, than risk trying to look good and still get slammed for not looking good/put together. Lena, Hendricks, and McCarthy all struggle because most designers just DO NOT cater to their bodies at all. Although Danielle Brooks looked GREAT I thought in her off white dress with the offbeat netting on top, and Retta also manages to look great most of the time.

I don't care what anyone says I loved Sarah Paulson's dress, if only for not be boring, and I thought she sold it. I think my favorite dress though was Allison Williams, someone said it was full prom, but IDK, the bodice is way too interesting to be a prom dress.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  eco Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:23 am

Ok, so my previous two posts disappeared mid-rant and I am running out of energy here. I think Lena doesn't have the same problem as Melissa McCarthy and Christina Hendricks. I think the latter two wind up with designers who have NO IDEA what they are doing. I feel like with Lena, she is running the show, and the choices are deliberate. She almost always does this open-mouthed, "I'm Too Sexy For This" over-the shoulder pose that makes me want to a) kick her b) tell her to stop slouching and c) close her mouth. I keep thinking about this Tom and Lorenzo post about her looking amazing in a semi-fitted black Miu Miu sheath, and how she looked grumpy because it was actually flattering. T&L commented, and I agree, that she likes to show off how she is not ashamed of her body, and why the hell should she be ashamed. I get angry with her for seemingly deliberately wearing things that are "unflattering" and then I get angry with myself in thinking that she needs to conform to some ideal of what is "flattering." I think the giant pink skirt was awesome, and if she had worn a top that FITTED HER, and maybe took the waistline down a ruffle or two, it would have had more impact as a look. Either she doesn't know, or doesn't care, that you can have fun with fashion and look great and still not compromise your principles.

eco

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:53 pm

For me, I think the issue at this point is Lena's schtick is worn thin. I totally agree that this is very deliberate on her part but we all *get it*, we see what she's doing, and now it's just annoying. She's like a person who told this one funny joke that one time but keeps on doing it in spite of it not being funny anymore or getting the same reaction.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:29 am

I just want to know how you can go to the trouble of procuring a couture skirt but not get your shirt pressed. I have clothes that have been lying around the bottom of my laundry hamper for over a week with fewer wrinkles. Also, TUCK YOUR SHIRT IN PROPERLY, YOUNG LADY WHO IS ACTUALLY SLIGHTLY OLDER THAN ME.

I loved Allison Janney's velvet gown. I think she'd be one of the best dressed even in a year where there was so much "meh" to "YUCK."
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:29 pm

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:18 pm

I like that Keaton really rolled with the Spanx question. I honestly didn't think he'd know what Spanx are.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:47 pm

"I have huge fat toes" - yes, I loved that too. Do they really ask the women about Spanx? That is sad.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:25 pm

It's Oscar night!  A good place to view all the looks on the red carpet on the ladies and the gentlemen is right here.  One of my favorite looks of the night: Meryl Streep.  She looks SO fab.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:12 pm

Jennifer Lopez's gown was just breathtaking. She looked gorgeous onstage!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:34 am

I didn't see the broadcast, but I just ran across an image of Dakota Johnson and Melanie Griffiths together and damn I love Melanie's dress!

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:46 pm

Melanie looks great! With the exception of Naomi Watts, all the women I saw throughout the telecast chose great dresses. Naomi herself looked lovely, but that outfit was just plain ugly.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:46 pm

Melanie and Dakota had the most awkward moment ever when one of the entertainment interviewers asked about whether or not Melanie was going to watch 50 Shades of Grey.

I think Keira Knightly and Jessica Chastain's post Oscar dresses were better than what they actually wore to the show.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:00 pm

bookworm, I heard about that awkward exchange between Dakota and Melanie on the radio. It was inadvertently funny.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:28 pm

bookworm, agreed on Knightley and Chastain's dresses. Also, Hofit Golan (near the bottom) in that dragonfly material is interesting at least!

In Rita Ora's case, what IS that? It's like, just some dark translucent stuff and that's all. Kind of daring but boring at the same time. If you're going to wear the emperor's new clothes, Jennifer Lopez's Aphrodite outfit is much much better.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:30 pm

Good lord, Emma Stone's after party dress is awful.

ETA: So is Chloe Grace Moretz's dress.

I have to say, I didn't love Emma's ceremony dress on camera, but I feel a little differently towards it today seeing it in photos. I don't love it, but I have crossed over from 'Ick' to 'actually, that's interesting and not that bad.'
eventide82
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:04 pm

Emma's Oscar dress was the only one I had any affection for. The rest were pretty but didn't stand out for me in any way.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle Tue May 05, 2015 7:30 am

It's Met Ball time! AKA the red carpet that's even better than the Oscars.

I think we can all agree that Fan Bing Bing was the best dressed. Just look at her cape!

Other strong cape game: Janelle Monae

Rihanna took a train

Lady Gaga went for a Chinese opera look. Extreme and a little weird, like she always does, but points for being herself while being on-theme.

Did you think the Met Ball was about wearing clothes? Beyonce disagrees.

"Girl, you grew up in the suburbs" is pretty much the only appropriate response to Katy Perry's nonsense.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Tue May 05, 2015 9:01 am

Beyonce just looked desperate to me. She was so determined to be last, the carpet was over by the time she showed. I mean, most people assumed she must not actually be going, she was THAT late. And all for that tacky dress and hair.

I loved...

Bee Shaffer

Kate Hudson

Emily Blunt

And obviously Rihanna, who I think won the event. Pure drama and spectacle.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  slmader Tue May 05, 2015 11:11 am

Poubelle wrote:It's Met Ball time! AKA the red carpet that's even better than the Oscars.

Lady Gaga went for a Chinese opera look. Extreme and a little weird, like she always does, but points for being herself while being on-theme.

I don't have a lot of time for her fashion sense, but I really like this.

slmader

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Tue May 05, 2015 11:21 am

Honestly I loved Katy Perry's outfit, even if she did grow up in the suburbs. It just looked great. I like colors.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheli Tue May 05, 2015 11:25 am

swsa wrote:Beyonce just looked desperate to me. She was so determined to be last, the carpet was over by the time she showed. I mean, most people assumed she must not actually be going, she was THAT late. And all for that tacky dress and hair.

I loved...

Kate Hudson

I was so disappointed in Beyonce's dress.  I've come to expect more from her.  There were so many places to go with the theme, and yet... that's where she went?  

On the other hand, Kate Hudson should wear that dress and only that dress every day for the rest of her life because she looks so amazing in it.

Sheli

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Tue May 05, 2015 12:55 pm

Kate Hudson looked absolutely stunning. As did Helen Mirren.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue May 05, 2015 4:27 pm

Never cared much for Kate Hudson, but that dress suits her perfectly! She looks so fresh and vibrant!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:47 am

For lack of a better place to put this: Eau de Depp.

What do you suppose it smells like? I'm betting cigarettes, unwashed clothes, and regret.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next