Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

+9
blixie
ActonBell
mialoubug
vwlphb
Rhilin
laddical
bookworm
naughty zoot
molliewollie
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Post  molliewollie Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:26 pm

I can't be the only one on this board obsessed with this show, right?

Seriously, I defy you to watch, say, Winter Wrap-Up and not be utterly charmed.

molliewollie

Back to top Go down

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Post  naughty zoot Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:34 pm

I'm not, but my 15 year son is. I am...puzzled.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Post  molliewollie Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:45 pm

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic 12760-glasses-macro-rainbow_dash-serious_business-png

molliewollie

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:18 pm

molliewollie wrote:I can't be the only one on this board obsessed with this show, right?

Seriously, I defy you to watch, say, Winter Wrap-Up and not be utterly charmed.
Molliewollie introduced me to this yesterday and ... wow. How did I not know about this?!?!?!
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 pm

I love what I've seen, but I don't get the Hub in my cable package (I could if I wanted to pay more for a whole tier of stuff I wouldn't watch - and even then it wouldn't be in HD... WTF Comcast?)

So I'm stymied... I want to watch it, but other than YouTube uploads of questionable legality, I don't know how best to catch up. (Also, they have 1 DVD out with 4 half hour episodes... for $28?????)
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  molliewollie Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:22 pm

My understanding is that Hasbro more or less turns a blind eye to the YouTube uploads, because frankly that's not where the money is. So if I were you, I'd just watch on YouTube and maybe go buy the occasional brushie to assuage any guilt.

molliewollie

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:31 pm

Yeah, my son often watches the You Tube uploads cause stuff like the PSATs gets in the way of Sat morning TV watching. I won't discuss the amount of merchandise he's bought. My Little Brony is at this moment wearing a Rainbow Dash t-shirt.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:35 pm

bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhilin Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:29 am

It's AMV Hell.....with ponies...*mind boggles*

I was a huge fan of My Little Ponies when I was younger, so of course I love this show. It's pretty adorable, even though I'm about 16 years too old for it. It's cute, it's fun, and it's actually pretty well-written. I'm sort of amazed that it's so popular, but I'm not complaining. More pony episodes for me!

I am sad they haven't made Princess Luna* or Zecora dolls. Their designs are fabulous.

*Okay, I did find two Princess Luna dolls, but they are kind of squished and don't look right.

Rhilin

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:02 am

This show is fantastic. I'm almost embarrassed by how excited I am when a new episode airs.

When I first started watching, I found Pinkie Pie annoying. By the end of the season she was my favorite, and I rewatched the first part of the season and still loved her (FOREVER!). My favorite episode has to be Bridle Gossip, with all the Poison Joke curses.

All season one songs together.

Last edited by vwlphb on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:27 am

naughty zoot wrote:I'm not, but my 15 year son is. I am...puzzled.

So is my daughter and all her friends. One of her friends actually drew a portrait of all the ponies as people. They have a very bizarre attachment to it.
mialoubug
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:31 pm

My daughter is four, and this is her absolute favorite show. I'm a fan as well -- it's so funny and smart compared to other programs aimed at young kids. I feel like I relate a bit too much to Twilight Sparkle.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:47 pm

So is it wrong that I feel this show is pretty much Power Puff girls in Pony format?

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  molliewollie Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:49 pm

It certainly has similarities to PPG, which makes sense, what with Lauren Faust working on PPG back in the day and oh yeah, being married to Craig McCracken. I'll say that MLP is a little less... self-consciously adult than PPG, Dudeponies aside.

molliewollie

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:12 pm

Heh, see I had no idea about the McCraken thing, glad there are some connections/similarities. It actually seems a bit more well rounded and (heh)fleshed out than PPG, though I loved that show muchly.

Pinkie Pie isn't the same vocal actress as Bubbles is she? Because I think that also tripped my PPG trigger.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:36 pm

No. The voice of Bubbles (Tara Strong) is Twilight Sparkle.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Sincerity Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:29 am

Guys, I'm unbelievably in love with this show. I didn't get it for awhile, and then my friend (who adores it) started talking about it, I got curious, and now I'm hooked. It's well-written and funny, and as ActonBell said, way smarter than many shows aimed at kids. I'm kind of disappointed in the lack of awesomely catchy songs in season two so far, so hopefully we'll get some soon. I definitely sing "Winter Wrap-Up" in my car a lot (complete with changing my voice to match pony voices), and Rainbow Dash's solo in "At the Gala" is one of the most awesomely awesome parts of a song in a kids' show I've heard.

Sincerity
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  narfzz Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:04 pm

I absolutely adore this show. I was surprised to see a thread for it, the animation is so beautiful and I adore every single character. I started MLP and Adventure Time at the same time, so I'm slowly reverting back to my kid self as I indulging in these series. I remember laughing so hard watching the episode where Rarity hosted a fashion show and Hoity Toity, Karl Lagerfield in Pony-form, appeared.

Molliewollie, it's embarrassing how many macros and gifs I have from this series.

laddical, my understanding is that the new MLP series isn't on dvds yet so it might not be a legit copy. I started watching the series on YouTube until Hasbro took it down. I'm not sure if someone re-upped them but watch it if you can catch it on YouTube. If it's not up there anymore and you really want to watch it, pm me.

narfzz

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:33 pm

"At the Gala"

"Best Night Ever" is OnDemand with Comcast right now so my girls have watched it a lot (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

The song is a lot of fun, but it gets stuck in my head... where it crosses wires with "Into the Woods". The two match up so well that you'd have to work really hard to convince me that "At the Gala" wasn't modeled on the Sondheim.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:04 pm

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Jtnoko

A friend sent this to me. This may have gone too far...
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sincerity Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:18 pm

laddical wrote:The song is a lot of fun, but it gets stuck in my head... where it crosses wires with "Into the Woods". The two match up so well that you'd have to work really hard to convince me that "At the Gala" wasn't modeled on the Sondheim.

Go listen to "Stitching it Together" (it might also be called "Rarity's Dressmaking Song"). Much like "At the Gala", it was modeled on "Putting it Together" from Sunday in the Park with George. I don't know if anyone has come out and said it, but considering how alike those two sound to Sondheim, I'm pretty sure one of their composers is a fan.

Sincerity
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:59 am

I may or may not have just spent an hour creating a playlist of all 38 aired-to-date episodes on YouTube, in order, with title notes for easy reference.

And it may or may not have been so my daughters could watch them whenever they wanted through the YouTube app on our Xbox.

And it's certainly not my wife and I continuing the marathon that we've already had going all day with our daughters now that they're in bed. Nope.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:17 pm

Did anyone else watch the Season Two finale? That was epic.

The more I watch this show, the more I love it. And I also love seeing Bronies make videos on youtube explaining why they love the show.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:01 pm

So, we're halfway through Season Four. I don't follow the show's online fandom, aside from the occasional meme on cheezburger, so I don't know how most people are reacting to it, but I'm enjoying it. The season premiere with the flashbacks to the ancient battles with Discord and Nightmare Moon was great - I can't believe the amount of mythology and continuity they've packed into this show in spite of its largely episodic format.

Right now, my daughters are watching the third season finale, where Twilight Sparkle becomes an alicorn. It's almost entirely musical and they sing along with it which is completely adorable. And the music is *so good*. I'm going to have "True True Friend" stuck in my head all day.

Which isn't a problem, because I'm the assistant manager of a comic book and gaming store and tonight I'm going in to work and one of the things we're going to do? Is play the MLPFIM Collectible Card Game. Because that's how we roll. Prior to the game coming out last month, I was one of only two "bronies" in the store. Now everyone is - which was great timing, given the recent episode in which the Mane 6 all became Justice League/Avengers expies. Between Applejack having a lot of gadgets in that one and the last episode where a giant shadowy bat image appeared behind her, we've transferred the classic Batman "MY PARENTS ARE DEEEEEEEEEEAD!" meme over to her.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:33 pm

I watched this for the first time the other day when I was babysitting a friend's daughter. It was the episode where all the ponies have to be, like, emissaries so they can have the Pony Olympics in their country (or something, I was mostly trying to keep a two-year-old from chewing on dog-hair-covered foam blocks), and they pick up an impostor diplomat from the train. I had an important realization. When the princess yells at them afterwards, they all hang their heads for screwing up, but Pinky Pie just goes "...Cinnamon roll?" and offers one up. I was like HOLY SHIT I'M PINKY PIE.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next