Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twitter

+54
Morning Angel
mialoubug
QueenSix
ActonBell
salamandersam
RiverThames
mayram
Red Wolf
BreezyK
killershrew
Gallifrey Girl
DarkSpork
SarahJanet
Sheli
inversed
Pop'n'Fresh
Paris, Texas
laddical
Carrie Ann
eventide82
maxell131313
vwlphb
Unlucky Bear
Escape
Instant Monkeys
Esseilte
Miss Moneypenny
blixie
kakalinadumox
katesti
punzy
choubetcha
Snarryfan
eco
Jude
pinguerin
tothemax
slmader
harvey the penguin
particle_person
Raksha
puddingcup
stephentrendy
Cutebutpsycho
snorf
jcpdiesel21
whatthedeuce
caerbannog
Eris Rising
Charishawk
blooey
biakbiak
Jasmine
TiffanyNichelle
58 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Twitter - Page 5 Empty Re: Twitter

Post  mayram Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:49 pm

Really, people?

Selfie Sunday!!!! #church #god
When I was a kid, we'd get in trouble for turning around to look at the clock during church. Now tweeting out your picture from church is a thing?

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:54 pm

Dude, I'll never forget the hateful glare I got from a teacher (8 years of Catholic school) when I turned around and put my arm on the pew to quickly say something to a friend before mass began. That same teacher would probably have smacked someone with a ruler if they'd taken a damn selfie in church!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:51 pm

So, you write a tweet to one famous person (let's call her "Kamanda Dalmer") in which you namedrop (with @ sign) another famous person (let's call her "Smoky L&O Brunette That Isn't Angie Harmon"). SL&OBTIAH Re-tweets and favorites your post, and you think, "That's cool". Then a couple days later she re-retweets it. And you think, "That's cool, but... are you trying REALLY HARD to get Kamanda Dalmer's attention here or something?"
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:53 pm

Perhaps she wants an open letter written to her.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  salamandersam Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:58 pm

I just rejoined Twitter last week, under the handle thetinywonder1. While my old Twitter (deleted back in May) was a free for all, this one will have me being much better behaved. I've followed a few Snarkers, but it's going to take me a while to get back into the groove and follow everyone.

salamandersam

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:46 pm

So, I created a twitter account b/c the awards chat has now moved to the twitter verse and I feel sad left out of Hollywood gossip and snark.

It's @Gemini_Fantasie

I...don't know how to use it. Yet. It might remain private until I figure out tweets and re-tweets and stuff like that. So, yes, it's empty, but it would be nice to connect with you guys!

I've found some already and have started following you. So don't be alarmed if a no tweet account with a fake name followed you yesterday!

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:48 am

Ack! Twitter looks different! Buttons are in a different place! There's nothing wrong with the new look but, change...bad.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:10 pm

I need a bit of Twitter advice: I have a friend who I have known online for over ten years, and he is generally a good guy. However, for the past week or so he has continued to tweet links to articles advocating Woody Allen's innocence and retweeting people who support Woody Allen. It is driving me up a wall -- should I unfollow him or just try to ignore these tweets? As I said, I've known him a long time and he will definitely notice if I now stop following him.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:08 pm

I would ignore it — that particular media cycle is almost over now. Also, once this particular instance is over, I guess you could try to persuade him that the world is a more fucked up place than he would like to believe, and victims can generally be trusted. Sometimes people can be won over more easily when it's NOT the heat of the moment. Alternately, if you think his other good qualities are outweighed by his asshattery on this, then just unfollow. I'm going on the assumption that you value the friendship.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:12 pm

You can also turn off just his retweets, something I've done with many of the people I'm following, just to cut down on the sheer volume of the feed.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:33 pm

I didn't even know you could turn off retweets! Thanks, I think I'll do that. It's just depressing that someone I know and like could be defending someone as awful as Woody Allen.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:21 pm

So Twitter does push notifications to me on my phone, when someone @'s me or favorites a tweet of mine or whatever. I like that feature because I hardly ever go on Twitter, as I think I've mentioned, because I find it way too overwhelming most of the time. So if someone actually asks something directly of me, I know about it, which is nice.

But the last couple of days it's started sending me a notification WHENEVER PEOPLE I FOLLOW ARE TALKING ABOUT A THING. Like, any thing. It's so annoying, because my phone keeps buzzing and startling me, and then it's like "Person X and Person Y are talking about the Olympics!" I think it's when people use a hashtag. Which, you know, people do in every single tweet. It's like sending me an alert that says "Twitter exists!"

I guess I'm just going to have to turn off push notifications entirely, because I can't see any way to ask it to stop doing only that but still do the other thing. And I mean, I ALREADY get E-MAILS from Twitter that "Person A and Person B have tweets for you!" Not for me specifically, just that someone has posted a tweet. Like, yes, I'm sure everybody has tweets for me because I haven't been there in a week. The e-mails are way less annoying than the push notifications though. Grump.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:51 pm

I've noticed that new feature as well the past week or so and it's a bit...well, I feel like I'm being told about someone else's 'private' conversation. I kind of feel like Twitter is pushing me to go talk to them or something and then I imagine me doing the twitter awkward girl equivalent of "Hey guys, heard you were talking about [stuff]! I like stuff too!" and then they take it to DM. *sniffle*

I'm going to have to turn that feature off though on Friday because if it comes at me in the middle of the night saying how people are talking about Hannibal, I'll be talking back to it! I know people will be talking about Hannibal, I just won't until I use other means to view it hopefully early on the Saturday and I won't be going on Twitter awkwardly or otherwise, for fear of spoilers!

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:14 pm

Ok, someone has to know. How do I mute other people's RTs? I use TweetDeck, UberSocial on my phone and the regular Twitter app on my nook.

Also if I see one more person talk about how "how is this event not all over the news?" I will scream. Because it was. I went to Atlantic City for the weekend and I still heard about the plane coming down because it was on the news on tv and the internet.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:42 pm

On regular Twitter, you click on the User Name and when the window pops up with their feed, next to the "Following" button, there's a little gear icon for "More User Actions." There, you click "Turn Off Retweets." I love that feature.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:18 pm

Thank you!
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:46 am

Margaret Cho is following me on Twitter - eeeeeeeeee! (And 30,000+ other people, but still.)

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:54 pm

mialoubug
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:44 pm

I'm trying to keep squee down. But failing!

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:09 pm

I saw that on Twitter last night. So cute.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:34 pm

She drew a doodle of them. And he called her G-woman. I'm also trying not to squee AND LARGELY FAILING AS WELL.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:18 pm

*flails*
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:56 am

omg omg OMG. Look, if they're NOT doing it...they should just do it.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:17 pm

Aaaaand followed. God I love them.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  The Glen Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:13 pm

They seem a lot more fun and relaxed than they used to be in the nineties. Possibly the fact that filming the X Files was hugely stressful, and everyone being a bit po-faced back then.

The Glen
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next