Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Announcement About New Forum and Leadership Changes

+20
bookworm
Tabby
Carrie Ann
narfzz
mrinsouciance
year of the cat
particle_person
eventide82
Cutebutpsycho
punkysdilemma
The Glen
blixie
Instant Monkeys
Jasmine
PrincessCleo
sixchooks
whatthedeuce
Eris Rising
jaraga
vwlphb
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Announcement About New Forum and Leadership Changes - Page 2 Empty Re: Announcement About New Forum and Leadership Changes

Post  Eris Rising Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:35 pm

Nope, still nothing for me.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Announcement About New Forum and Leadership Changes - Page 2 Empty Re: Announcement About New Forum and Leadership Changes

Post  bookworm Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:39 pm

Well, that's odd. The only thread missing I can see are Announcements. Everything else is there.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:39 pm

I can see everything at the old site also.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:10 pm

I can see the topics are back, but if I click on a New Posts icon to read posts, it spins for ten or fifteen seconds before loading the posts, just like it used to before it completely died.

Fool me once, shame on me; fool me for seven weeks' downtime with absolutely no warning and leaving us to the mercies of snide customer support, I vote for locking all the threads and staying here.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:11 pm

I can see it too! And of course, it's still loading slowly.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:38 pm

I can see it too, and it IS still loading slowly. Oh, Forumer.

In celebration I went and read the entire L&O: SVU thread.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:53 pm

Holy shit. It's like looking at something locked in amber. The last thing was back in October!
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:04 pm

Yeah, I noticed late last night. We're going to get a poll together, I think, to see if we as a community want to stay here or go back, and let y'all discuss it. As far as I can tell, all our stuff and our settings are over there, but... it's still slow. At least it's back up so we can reread the old threads, I guess.
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

http://http;//cleolinda.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:17 pm

At least we can still use the chat room over there while we figure stuff out. I miss Gen. <frowny face>
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:33 pm

I'm still not seeing the old threads. Could someone link me to the chatroom, though? I haven't bookmarked it on this computer.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:17 pm

bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmine Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:23 pm

punkysdilemma wrote:I vote for locking all the threads and staying here.

Seconded. With links back to relevant threads at the beginning of the threads here, maybe?

Jasmine

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:16 pm

Jasmine wrote:
punkysdilemma wrote:I vote for locking all the threads and staying here.

Seconded. With links back to relevant threads at the beginning of the threads here, maybe?

Oh god, [linking] all 1,821 threads? (That is the exact number, by the way. I added it up.) If I did one thread per minute, that would be 1821/60 = 30 hours of work. Please no?

(I realize we don't have that many threads on THIS forum yet, but it's still quite a lot of work.)

Last edited by particle_person on Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:21 pm

I assume you mean linking would take forever, not locking. Maybe the person who started a new thread here can put in a courtesy link to the old thread on the first page of each thread? (But it's really not a big deal to me to go to the other forum and search it if I want to see something, and once the thread pushes past the first page it's not like you'd see the link to the original thread anyway.)

I'm amused to discover that we made over four hundred thousand posts on the old forum. Nah, shouldn't be a big problem if that's down for seven straight weeks. Forumer, I doth salute you!
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasmine Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:24 pm

Can't we lock them all in one fell swoop? If not, then yeah, that's a lot of work. About the linking, I just meant a link to like "Books and Literature" at the top of the book forum, or something, so people could click through and search for old posts (though I always found the search terrible there).

Jasmine

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:29 pm

You said linking threads so I thought you meant threads, like Lady Gaga thread there to Lady Gaga thread here, etc. There are the aforementioned 1,800 of those there, and about 200 here (so far) but that's still about 4 hours of work. If you mean just the top level of subforums, that's more manageable. And I have no idea whether it's possible to lock everything in one swoop, but I think that's being looked into now as a possibility.

Punky, having the person who started each thread do their own is a little more practical, but getting everyone to go back and fix them retroactively might be a little hard. We could develop a habit of doing that for all future threads created here (that existed previously), though?
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Damn, I wish it had reappeared before I bought and sent my Secret Santa package.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:50 pm

Does Eris Rising get some sort of prize for being the last post on 3.0?
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:51 pm

We should give him a prize anyhow. Maybe one for Special Services To The Forum, like Harry and Voldemort got. After all, he is a god.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:24 pm

I am suddenly very glad that I popped back into this thread.

There would be a weird sort of symmetry if that's the case, since I was one of the very first to post on Snarkfest 1.0.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:50 pm

particle_person wrote:Oh god, [linking] all 1,821 threads? (That is the exact number, by the way. I added it up.) If I did one thread per minute, that would be 1821/60 = 30 hours of work. Please no?

If you'd started immediately, you'd only be around 8.5 hours from being done! Tsk-tsk.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  The Glen Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:58 pm

Edit: oops, wrong thread.

The Glen
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum