Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Runway

+38
ActonBell
Kiran
biakbiak
Agent Sculder
Shadowlass
choubetcha
bosoxgirl
mokey75
Matinee
MaddyCat
stephentrendy
SelfAmused
BreezyK
Raised by wolves
jcpdiesel21
roly
killershrew
xyzzy
truecrystal
preciosa
puddingcup
Paris, Texas
whatthedeuce
blooey
paablish
Salieri
punkysdilemma
Binky
maxell131313
Jamie
curryalley
Cutebutpsycho
oxymoron
Miss Moneypenny
Jessica
Instant Monkeys
Jasmine
pizzagirl20
42 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Project Runway - Page 11 Empty Re: Project Runway

Post  Instant Monkeys Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:45 am

I'm so relieved not to be the only one who thought that winning dress was horrible. The top looked like it was falling off. It looked too tight, uncomfortable, like it would fall apart at any moment, and generally unattractive. And I like whatshisname, but good lord. They were like "The fit is so great!" and I was like, are you kidding me?

Sue rubs my LAST NERVE so I was relieved she went home. I'm sure she's a nice person but she just seemed SO INCOMPETENT, and it was extra annoying to me how she kept demanding help from everyone EVERY TIME. Like, one time, OK, but then figure out how to thread the bobbin when someone shows you, don't just keep asking people to thread the machine for you FOREVER.

Ken is also annoying as hell but I was just so sick of Sue. But good lord I also haaaaaate the "excuse me, I'M TALKING" crap.

Agree that they didn't want to give Bradon any more wins; his was by far the best. I was just smacking my forehead when they lined up the "best" and "worst" teams and they were like LOOK HOW HORRIBLE THESE ONES ARE AND HOW AMAZING THESE ONES ARE and I could barely see a difference.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:17 pm

Instant Monkeys wrote:Sue rubs my LAST NERVE so I was relieved she went home. I'm sure she's a nice person but she just seemed SO INCOMPETENT, and it was extra annoying to me how she kept demanding help from everyone EVERY TIME. Like, one time, OK, but then figure out how to thread the bobbin when someone shows you, don't just keep asking people to thread the machine for you FOREVER.
This might be my bias as someone who likes to sew speaking, but how in the world did she ever design anything BEFORE the show if she can't even figure out a sewing machine? It's not like threading a bobbin is that different from machine to machine, so was she having people sew her designs or just stapling them together or what.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:11 pm

Didn't past contestants often admit on that post-competition show that the poor sewers often hot-glued, like, everything? I wonder if the producers finally took that equipment out of the workroom. Or if not-sewn means of sticking fabric together just didn't occur to her.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:19 am

Man, I haven't boo-hooed over an episode of this show so hard since the one where Mondo revealed his HIV+ status.  I agree with Tim's save just because I think it's worse to make something that's boring than something that takes a risk (although I didn't feel that Karen's dress was as awful as the judges did).  I will, however, say that my husband's reaction to Justin's dress was
spoiled for bad words:
and I don't disagree with him.
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:17 am

I disagree with the save because it sure seemed like Tim did it because Justin is a nice guy and Tim felt guilty not realizing where he was going with that garment during the mentoring period, and not because Tim felt he is a major talent who we needed to see more from.  All his previous outfits were pretty boring and this so-called risk-taking outfit had what I really thought Nina would call "taste issues" (though I suppose "foaming vagina" is the moral equivalent).

Ken: Grow the eff up.

Bradon: Don't you dare flame out on us this early!  I mean, Tim just blew his save and all...
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:56 pm

Group therapy with Tim is not something that should ever need to happen. Glad to see the end of Ken. There was nothing about that that was entertaining to watch.

Helen's client looked a little like Jessica Pare after the Loreal team got done with her. (OK, probably 'cause of the teeth. But she looked nice.)

punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:16 pm

Group therapy with Tim is not something that should ever need to happen. Glad to see the end of Ken. There was nothing about that that was entertaining to watch.
Seriously! And than they rewarded Ken for his behavior by giving him his own room and making the other three share.

This is the first time I have watched since the move to lifetime have all the recent seasons had such shitty accommodations? I mean they used to have to share bedrooms but they were in apartments with a living area and kitchen.

Helen's client looked a little like Jessica Pare after the Loreal team got done with her. (OK, probably 'cause of the teeth. But she looked nice.)
I was thinking Alexander Paul. I did wonder where she was going to wear her red carpet dress. I though Justin was robbed because I hated the top of Helen's dress and I honk she got tons of credit for the hair and make-up; whereas, Justin had less of a dramatic makeover but so many constraints and he made an interesting special piece (and special undergarments!)

I couldn't believe a super fan would request a suit knowing how much work goes into making one.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:42 pm

Ken ruined any chance he had of a fashion career doing PR. Who would hire/partner someone with such rage issues? I FFed through the therapy session because I knew it would be about making peace when they should have just kicked him off the show. He deserved an aufing because his dress was hideous but I have a feeling if he would have put Helen's dress down the runway they would have found a reason to auf him this week.

Justin definitely should have won that challenge over Helen. Helen had the most model-like client and made another gown. It was a beautiful gown, but still - it was a gown for a stick-thin woman. Justin did something unique, had a client with religious requirements and had to make special garments to accommodate her body. You can tell the judges are done with him.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:10 pm

Ken is just such a huge piece of work. I felt so sorry for poor Justin having to sit through all of his temper tantrums. I can't imagine living with him -- you forget to take out the garbage and it's Defcon 1 all of a sudden.

And what the hell was up with that stuff on his face? Was he going to hang out with the Juggalos after the show? Because that would explain a few things.
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  oxymoron Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:30 am

What is it with the crazies this season? We had Timothy, Sandro and Ken.

I get that they want to cast interesting personalities, but, damn, someone was asleep at the switch.

oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:26 am

I read Tom and Lorenzo's PR recaps, and I have to agree with them that the production team did a terrible job at screening people this season -- I almost felt sorry for Ken because it was clear that he was not temperamentally cut out for this kind of competition.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:58 am

Two thoughts on the Belk challenge (old news, I know):

1) I've lived in the South for most of my life and am very familiar with Belk stores. Jeremy's outfit -- which got him aufed -- is the one outfit I feel I'd be most likely to see in an actual Belk store.

2) I'm surprised none of the judges called out Alexander for ripping off this dress.
killershrew
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  oxymoron Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:12 pm

killershrew wrote:Two thoughts on the Belk challenge (old news, I know):

1) I've lived in the South for most of my life and am very familiar with Belk stores.  Jeremy's outfit -- which got him aufed -- is the one outfit I feel I'd be most likely to see in an actual Belk store.

2) I'm surprised none of the judges called out Alexander for ripping off this dress.
I didn't think that Jeremy deserved to be aufed. I thought that Alexandria's "Wizard of Oz and not in a good way" blue plaid dress was the worst thing on the runway that show.

oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:20 pm

That....thing Kate put down the runway was one of the most god-awful things ever created. It was ugly as shit. Kate is gone but Alexandria is still there. I wouldn't have won that bet.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:32 pm

I was totally shocked that Kate was auf'd. I was completely expecting some kind of turnaround, and I was almost as surprised when she actually left without any further twist. I will continue to be surprised if they don't contrive to bring her back somehow. I just feel like she's been able to do no wrong with the editors all season.

That said, her dress was one of the most hideous things I've seen on the runway in all my born days. Was she high or something? I couldn't find a single redeeming thing about it. Of course my thoughts were "How, HOW are they going to find a way to pretend that this unholy creation isn't that bad so they don't have to eliminate her? because of course they're not going to? I cannot wait to hear what they're going to say to justify it." And then they didn't even try. Crazy.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:16 pm

I am a little afraid Justin is going to win the whole thing after turning in fairly meh work all season, because his finale pieces are actually interesting, and Bradon seems to be all over the grandma fabrics from what we've seen. I would be fine with Dom winning as well, and I do not see Alexandra coming close. I am not sure why this matters to me.

Poor Tim vs. subway stairs. Ouch!
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:19 pm

I am so invested in Dom winning because I think her work is so fabulous and she's been underrated by the judges, but I have a bad feeling Justin is going to win. I liked his collection this week, but the rest of his output has been blah enough that I don't think it will be an entirely deserved win. Oh well, nothing will be as bad to me as the season Anya won.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:58 pm

I didn't realize Justin interned for Nick Cave, the artist not of the bad seeds, I definitely liked his collection of the three we saw in detail and his unconventional piece was cool as were his accessories. Still excited to see Dom and Branden's work in more detail but Alexandria's bored me and I actively hate the pocket glove.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:56 am

Spoilers for West Coast:
Spoiler:
Honesty, I liked all four of the final designers, which I'm not sure has EVER happened. I wouldn't have been upset had any of them won. I liked all of their designs, and also they all seemed like low-key, pleasant people. After all the crazypants drama of this season, I'm happy that's how it ended up.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  oxymoron Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:18 pm

I was happy with Dom winning.

While, during the season, I liked Braden, I thought his collection was a but all over the place.

oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:57 pm

I really liked Bradon all season, but his collection was...I could not get behind that shiny pink old lady fabric. Woe.

Glad Dom won, and I hope she does some cool stuff with this. She seems a lot more mature than 24.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:45 pm

Tim Gunn is getting his own show

I dunno, I like Tim, I don't like Anya, I do like Nick and Mondo, but how will this not be the same pile o' crack that PR has become lately?
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:25 pm

Finally started All-Stars this morning. I'm glad to see a lot of the people back, some of them I forgot existed including at least one winner (Seth Aaron? I remember his name but damn he does not look familiar to me), and of course: wow, nothing says punk rock like QVC and Mary Kay.

Edit: And I watched episode 2 and Daniel got eliminated, HOORAY. I wish him well but I could not have handled another season of him. I am still unreasonably angry about that hideous pink dress he made.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:20 pm

There are three former winners in addition to Seth Aaron there is Jeffery and Irina.

Each and every time it am struck by how janky the show is! Mary Kay, QVC, some hair are line I have never heard of and one of the prizes is LITERALLY a years supply of water! Water!
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:07 pm

Anya being on the show pretty much guarantees I won't watch it.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next