Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stars I Hate

+90
Lurker
jstilwe
The Glen
themis
year of the cat
Paris, Texas
puddingcup
Wildog27
epudom
Skyblade
Snarryfan
BloozyTunes
Morning Angel
Sheli
MLIS
Coneycat
gannetguts
Binky
Never Enough
Red Wolf
Raksha
Swarley
slmader
salamandersam
Genevieve
caerbannog
Lily Rose
curryalley
lisa
eco
dinahmoe
Evil Lincoln
mayram
particle_person
Agent Sculder
Pop'n'Fresh
katha
QueenSix
Grainne Mhaol
bbridges
bookworm
Rhilin
Matinee
katesti
dreago
mandalaya
nikita
sagitare
punzy
Carrie Ann
sen3
easybreezy
bosoxgirl
dionneshea
Jude
punkysdilemma
blooey
Unlucky Bear
Decca
sunni94
Putli Bai
TiffanyNichelle
PrincessCleo
Cutebutpsycho
laddical
Raised by wolves
The Dude
Melk
whatthedeuce
Jasmine
Poubelle
ariadne
swsa
Cynara
biakbiak
Instant Monkeys
big chicken
blixie
inversed
Kiran
ActonBell
jcpdiesel21
queenofdenile
naughty zoot
Eris Rising
Miss Moneypenny
maxell131313
Crowbridge
tothemax
mokey75
94 posters

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Stars I Hate - Page 17 Empty Re: Stars I Hate

Post  naughty zoot Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:53 am

No, I hardly think Stephen King is the worst person ever, but I do hate the "Oh, I didn't understand how social media works" excuse for his word choice, especially from someone who makes his living, you know, with the written word.
Now, back to the worst person ever: The Allen/Farrow custody ruling is fascinating, disturbing reading.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:27 am

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:58 am

I didn't think it was possible for me to be even more convinced he did it but his own defense of himself managed.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:29 am

Now, suddenly, when I had driven up to her house in Connecticut one afternoon to visit the kids for a few hours, when I would be on my raging adversary’s home turf, with half a dozen people present, when I was in the blissful early stages of a happy new relationship with the woman I’d go on to marry — that I would pick this moment in time to embark on a career as a child molester should seem to the most skeptical mind highly unlikely.
So tone deaf. How in the world does painting the Soon-Yi drama as "the blissful early stages of a happy new relationship" seem like a good idea? Does he really think we don't remember that his new love was his teenage quasi-stepdaughter? Just unbelievable, this guy.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:56 am

Honestly, even if I thought he was 100% innocent of everything, that op-ed was so nasty that I'd never watch anything of his again anyway.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:45 am

This may be the most disgusting thing I have ever written, but I think Woody's relationship with Soon-Yi
Spoiler:
 He took what he could get, which was bad enough, but I don't think she was his first choice.  Now I have to take a bath with sandpaper.
year of the cat
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:14 am

Besides the nastiness of his response, he is at the very least less than completely honest about so many points. He fails to mention that he refused to take a lie detector test with the CT State Police, opting instead to do one set up by his lawyers with their own hand-picked examiner. The meticulous investigation he claims Yale-New Haven Hospital did? The notes were destroyed prior to the report being issued. Maureen Orth rebuts the various anti-Farrow claims. #2 is, I think, the most telling.

Last edited by naughty zoot on Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:23 am

For me it's always been 4, that even with all his power, he still LOST the custody case based on *grossly inappropriate* behaviors around Dylan, as well as all the children really. As Woody concedes the judge did go hard on him. Wah. He lost four times, he wanted access to Dylan badly, and no one from the State believed he should have any access to her. And his pathetic little OpEd he says Mia "took" custody. No the fact is she WON, because the court decided if you act like a pervert, you are a pervert. The only reason there were no criminal charges filed is because the state didn't want to put the victim through the trial process. No one can argue that the courts of this country deemed him "innocent" of any wrong doing, because hell no.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:31 pm

particle_person wrote:Honestly, even if I thought he was 100% innocent of everything, that op-ed was so nasty that I'd never watch anything of his again anyway.

Seriously. This man is a writer? That read like it was written by a malicious and pretty damn dumb professional whiner. And he took time off from addressing child-molestation accusations leveled at him to bitch about paying child-support? We get it, you hate Mia Farrow. You hate her so much you cannot stop hating her for a single word. You can't even make yourself look remotely sympathetic if it means passing up an opportunity to attack her.

It's also baffling how he doesn't understand that his relationship with Soon-Yi was hugely inappropriate and is one of the things that makes me believe he did molest Dylan. Keep referencing that, dude.

I think it's unlikely, but I really hope between Dylan's letter and his own appalling response that people stop working with this asshole.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:39 am

Jaume Collet-Serra, director of the upcoming movie Non-Stop and the person who was going to perpetrate that all-white Akira adaptation, talks about how he still wants to make that movie and what he's planning to bring to the live action movie that is missing from the manga and anime:

Collet-Serra: I hope that I can bring strong characters. In the original source material, I don't think the main characters are the protagonists. What I'm hoping is to bring characters.

CS: That's true. It's one of those strange stories where you literally never see the main character that is the namesake of the film!

Collet-Serra: Nobody's interesting. Tetsuo's interesting because weird sh*t happens to him, and Kaneda is so two-dimensional. That's part of the Japanese culture, they never have strong characters. They're used as a way to move the other philosophy forward.

Wow. Fuck you, guy. And why even bother making this movie if you don't care about the characters?
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  The Glen Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:40 am

He wants to appropriate it so he can get the fans of the original and the name recognition, but he actually hates it so he wants to remove everything that defines it. Ass.

The Glen
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:02 pm

Sooo you want to make a movie full of characters you think are weak and boring? What's his attraction to the project then? I know nothing about Akira, but I don't understand how someone could want to make a film of it when that someone can't connect to the characters.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:06 pm

You folks just don't get it. The characters have potential, it's just that Japanese people don't know how to reach that potential, since they don't know how to tell stories. Fortunately, Collet-Serra is bringing his ancient Western wisdom to the table in order to show them how its done.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:16 pm

*throws up hands, flips table*

I hope this project dies on the vine.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:36 am

This whole Woody thing makes me want to believe the story that Frank Sinatra offered to have his mob buddies rough him up.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurker Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:30 am

According to Mia Farrow's autobiography Frank Sinatra did, in fact, offer to do that. They divorced amicably I guess.

Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:32 am

Very amicably, since she acknowledged that Sinatra could be the father of the son she had during her relationship with Allen.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:26 am

I'd rather have the Chairman as my father than Woody.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:32 pm

The Dude wrote:I'd rather have the Chairman as my father than Woody.

For a sec I forgot the topic of conversation, and thought you were referring to the guy on Iron Chef. Must be time for another cup of coffee!

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:43 pm

mrinsouciance, I automatically thought of Chairman Mao, so I'm even more off-base here.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:22 am

Why do you think Mao started calling himself Chairman?

Oh yeah, Woody Allen still uses a 60 year old typewriter exclusively. I hate him even more now.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:05 am

And here I thought he'd prefer a much younger typewriter.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:32 am

mrinsouciance wrote:And here I thought he'd prefer a much younger typewriter.
HEE.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Mon May 05, 2014 2:22 am

Brazilian fans pay $400 to stand next to Avril Lavigne without touching her as she stares blankly into a camera, a fixed expression that she once heard described as "A smile, maybe?" frozen on her face. Seriously, this is just the worst meet and greet. If they're shelling out that much cash, give them a handshake or something, at least. You can always double up on the Purell to ensure that you don't catch any dirty proletarian diseases.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Mon May 05, 2014 4:22 am

But she's Punk Rock!

It's not quite stabbing Nancy Sungeon or calling the Queen a fascist, but she Punk dammit!
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next