Angelina Jolie

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Angelina Jolie - Page 2 Empty Re: Angelina Jolie

Post  Soleil on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:46 pm

Oh, I super hope that she was TRYING to be funny with that bizarre pose. I think Angie's talented as a dramatic actor and, obviously, as an action star, but I always considered her sorely lacking in comedic instincts. (Contrast with Brad, who is excellent comedically.) I still don't think Angie is funny, but if she's at least TRYING, that awkwardness would just endear her more to me.

Soleil

Back to top Go down

Post  MLIS on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:33 pm

I didn't see the red carpet coverage ahead of time, so when she strutted out on stage I thought to myself "woah, daring slit, Angie" and that was about it. Until she struck that utterly bizarre pose and I thought "What is she *doing*?" I said to someone earlier today that I would expect that kind of posing and thigh high slit to be some starlet trying desperately to get into all the pictures the next day (I even compared her to Lea Michele before I saw that the Fug Girls had done the same thing, which made me feel oddly validated!), but I would have expected Angelina to be above such attention grabbing shenanigans. She's Angelina Jolie. She's going to be in all the pictures the next day. It seemed like such a juvenile and inexperienced thing ... and she is anything but juvenile and inexperienced, so I have to think she was doing it on purpose? As some kind of spoof? An inside joke between her and Brad? A message to her kids? So bizarre.

MLIS

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:36 pm

Her arms freak me out.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:06 pm

Someone tweeted that Angelina's leg was nominated as Best Lamp in A Christmas Story.
queenofdenile
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:35 pm

Heee, the dual leg-split picture is totally 'shopped, but still hilarious. I don't know why she did it - I also thought of Lea Michele (at the Emmy's?) and now we know that doesn't look less stupid when Angelina Jolie does it. It was extra weird how she switched back to that posture, like she knew when she was off camera and back on, exactly, and made the deliberate choice to keep doing that.

Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:41 pm

queenofdenile wrote:Someone tweeted that Angelina's leg was nominated as Best Lamp in A Christmas Story.

"It's a Major Award!"

Keeping with the A Christmas Story riff, maybe after she got ready she asked Brad how she looked while striking that ridiculous pose. He probably said "great, but that pose looks really crazy. I tripple-dog-dare you to do at every opportunity tonight".

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:03 pm

That was sort of how it struck me. Whether or not Brad dared her to (though that would be awesome), but just that she was goofing around and being like "I am wearing a sexy dress! Heh! My legs!" about it. I didn't even notice that Dean Pelton had done it too -- hee!
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:21 pm

Since Dean Pelton ends up in drag so much on Community already, I REALLY want him to wear this dress in an episode.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:35 pm

Instant Monkeys wrote:That was sort of how it struck me. Whether or not Brad dared her to (though that would be awesome), but just that she was goofing around and being like "I am wearing a sexy dress! Heh! My legs!" about it. I didn't even notice that Dean Pelton had done it too -- hee!

She also had a big grin, which is not usually how she poses, so I got a goofing around vibe too. I totally think she was being ridiculous on purpose, and I thought it was funny that the gossip sites were like, "Was she FURIOUS that The Descendants writers MOCKED HER?" Yeah, I'm sure she's constructing voodoo dolls of them as we type. What the hell does she care?
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:44 pm

sen3 wrote:
queenofdenile wrote:Someone tweeted that Angelina's leg was nominated as Best Lamp in A Christmas Story.

"It's a Major Award!"

Keeping with the A Christmas Story riff, maybe after she got ready she asked Brad how she looked while striking that ridiculous pose. He probably said "great, but that pose looks really crazy. I tripple-dog-dare you to do at every opportunity tonight".

I wonder if they had some sort of crazy bet going on because of it. "If you do it on stage while presenting I'll cut my hair."

It reminded me of the women who always put their hands in their pockets to show off the fact that OMG their dress has pockets so Angelina was all OMG my dress has a slit, check it out!
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Soleil on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:46 pm

Oh, this is my favorite theory. I don't know how I could possibly love this couple any more, but if Angelina Jolie was striking that ridiculous pose all night as a result of a lost bet or a dare with Brad Pitt, I would find a way.

Soleil

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:19 pm

I find it funny how the sight of a leg could make people talk so much. Haven't we seen Angie's tits onscreen?

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:49 pm

Yes. Quite a few times, as I recall. They're (possibly) real, and they're spectacular.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:09 am

Soleil wrote:Oh, this is my favorite theory. I don't know how I could possibly love this couple any more, but if Angelina Jolie was striking that ridiculous pose all night as a result of a lost bet or a dare with Brad Pitt, I would find a way.

I would love that even more. I just thought it was funny as hell and I was all good with it. Even with the winner striking the same pose. That cracked me up.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:28 am

Whoever pointed out that she was grinning like the joker while presenting, when she's usually more reserved, is correct. So maybe it was a bet. Or maybe she and Brad got stoned in the limo on the way over.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Maestro on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:51 am

I think she was just drunk and wanted to show off her dress... slit and all.

Maestro

Back to top Go down

Post  gannetguts on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:15 am

Man, if my dress had a slit and I was up on stage and (possibly) drunk, you best believe I'm getting my leg out. Of course, I'd probably also attempt a high kick and fall on my arse, so it's good I'm not a celeb at the Oscars.

gannetguts

Back to top Go down

Post  Paris, Texas on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:15 am

That stunt of squatting on stage like an attention seeking D-Lister, laughing with such weird timing and then flubbing her lines has totally ruined her mystique.

It's over baby, bye-bye.

Last edited by Paris, Texas on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  jensa on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:48 pm

She bothers me so much. To me, she is always looking like she is so much better than whatever event she is attending, and that she would rather be off saving puppies and babies in third world countries (which she actually does, and I do appreciate all her humanitarian work). I mean, come on, she used to wear blood vials as jewelry and make out with Billie Bob on the red carpet. Which, was a step up from making out with her brother! So to me, this just looks like she was trying and failing to prove how much fun she can be. You know, like yelling ā€œIā€™m Breezy!ā€
jensa
jensa

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:02 pm

Binky wrote:Whoever pointed out that she was grinning like the joker while presenting, when she's usually more reserved, is correct.
That's actually what struck me right off, even before The Posing. She normally always works her Blue Steel expression, sometimes with that hint of a smile, but not this outright grinning and laughing all evening. Whatever it was, I thought it was a hoot! I hope both her and Brad and laughing their asses off over the whole thing.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Lis on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:18 am

Longish video with little Angelina in it at the end (around the 8th minute), but I like how they mock her and the context is needed...

Lis

Back to top Go down

Post  Esme on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:06 pm

Maybe it's because I'm still half asleep and didn't have my morning coffee but I'm failing to see what's funny about comparing Angelina's adoption to Kony abducting children.

Esme

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:25 pm

Could it be?

Of course, going by their history, this will be at least a 3-year long "engagement".
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:28 pm

Kind of not surprised, in some ways. Wasn't it in a recent-ish interview that Brad said the kids were nagging them to get married, and he himself sounded more on board with the idea than when he and Angelina were first together.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:18 pm

Aw, good for them! :)

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down