Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shameless (US)

+2
truecrystal
blixie
6 posters

Go down

Shameless (US) Empty Shameless (US)

Post  blixie Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:28 am

Even though I liked the show a ton last year, I'm surprised by how excited I was to see this Gallagher's Christmas Carol and the prospect of the new season, starting January 8th. I can't help it, the Gallagher's crack my ass up! Also Veronica/Kevin, Lip/Karen!

"We'd love your stash, we'll pay in cash" Hee.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Shameless (US) Empty Re: Shameless (US)

Post  blixie Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:32 am

Ha so I guess I will just be talking to myself in here!

I really really liked the premiere episode, lots of Kevin/Viv, lot's of Lip/Karen, a newly buff Ian, and a bit of the really cute Kyle Chandler look a like from Lone Star ::sniff:: My favorite line was on the ice cream truck: "We only sell AMERICAN beer to children of age, come back for Bud Light when your 16." Hee.

But the show still has no fucking clue what to do with Frank, I'd like to crawl inside the writers brains because in the premiere I thought they handled Frank the way I like him best when he's just doing goofy shenanigans (selling fake drugs, having Liam bartered as trade for bet) and he actually shows some guilt and regret about it, but then the next week he is literally a fucking repulsive nasty piece of shit (that scene with Carl was particularly hard to watch) for 60 full minutes and he isn't a smidge remorseful and yet they are STILL playing it for ha ha laughs. Letting Fiona yell at him for five seconds doesn't mitigate it.

I was also disappointed Kev was *encouraging* him with Bosco's girlfriend Faith, instead of being his typical Gallagher moral compass of WTF face.

I suppose hoping they'll even that tone out is foolish, but I like the rest of the show enough to sort of la la la my way through Frank bullshit.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:57 am

I'm still watching! Just got caught up on the first 2 eps and I agree: the premiere was really solid with a still-not-likable-but-generally-harmelss Frank who suddenly turned into 100% douchenozzle in the second episode. Frank much like a lot of this show is written really unevenly, but I'm also going to throw a little blame WHM's way though I hate to do it because I do like him as an actor. I think at times he plays Frank's bumbling fool schtick a bit too broad so it's easy to forget that Frank is a pretty smart guy AND a calculating, selfish asshole, so when the calculating, selfish asshole Frank rears his ugly head it's like a completely different character.

I'm still not sure why Amy Smart is on this show, but other than that I actually have no real complaints (although, pregnant Chinese lady? This show is so random). I enjoyed the first 2 eps a lot, mainly because I LOVES me some Lip and Ian and there was plenty of goodness for them. I'm going to go against the grain and say I really didn't miss Steve at all. As much as I want Fiona to have *something* just for herself, I was really disappointed with Steve's storyline last season. I ultimately came down on the side of not wanting him with Fiona because I felt like asking her to go away with him crystallized the fact that while he was good to all the Gallaghers, he really was only playing at being a part of her world instead of really wanting to be there. I get it, but I really didn't like it. So now I'm Team Tony.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:16 am

Whoa Karen/Lip baby? Like Ian I can't blame the girl for thinking Jody is an emotionally more stable option(and I love that that recovering sex addict option is only relatively more stable), but I'm interested to see how this impacts Lip's situation with the professor and possibly working with defense contractors. I feel like I should be much more frustrated and angry at Lip for wasting his intelligence and talents than I am. I just love that kid!

I'm still blown away by how GOOD Emmy Rossum is on this show. Her breakdown in the bathroom was *damn* so real, like I've been there real, where the shit you did is falling down around your shoulders but you can't let anyone see, and only you and the mirror can share the shame/fear, but you only give into it for few minutes before shaking it off. It's moments like that that make this show worth watching.

Having said all that I still kind of wish this show was about Kev/Veronica and their sisterwife little girl. They have stepped up into the shoes of Carla/Turk as my favorite functioning relationship on tv.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:20 pm

I'm really dreading Steve's inevitable return. I get it but I still don't like it.

And blix I have to say...I'm not crazy about the Karen/Lip baby development. I can't even put my finger on why exactly because it's believable and could add an interesting dynamic to the Gallagher family. But in general I HATE when shows throw baby/pregnancy drama in the mix as a way to continue a story/character that could just as easily go away without it, and I think that's how I feel about Karen. Karen comes off to me like an everything-but-the-kitchen-sink character and I don't know that I learn anything about either character with Karen/Lip.

That said, Emmy Rossum is killing it. And I fell just a little bit more in love with Amish Baby Wife this week too.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:04 pm

Anyone watching this season? Every single Gallagher needs a new love interest. Lip's dating 2 psychos. Ian's dating an abusive asshole. And Fiona's stuck with a whiny ass loser who's becoming more detached by the day.

I'm desperately hoping Fiona hooks up with her cute, likely non-circumcised pseudo boss. And if Mandy managed to
Spoiler:

Ian really did break my heart in this last episode. Seeing the rest of the family enjoying all the spoils that Frank got for being a gay spokesperson, as Ian was up there nursing bruises was just...salt in the wound.

swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  aninnocent Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:41 pm

I really like this season so far. Steve has got to go so much so that any other male character on the screen immediately becomes an option for Fiona as soon as I see him. Definitely interested in seeing more of her new boss.

Speaking of Mandy I loved the scene where she was cleaning off her car and her bro asked her what she hit and went on to give her brotherly advice about hair in the grill.

aninnocent

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:35 pm

I've hated Steve since the end of S1 so as far as I'm concerned he can go away any day now. Cop guy, temp manager guy, anybody as long as she gets treated with respect and as more than just a diversion.

I'm not even sorry that Mandy ran over Karen because as far as I'm concerned she's almost up there with Frank as far as the loathing I have for her. Granted she had a rough time growing up with her mom's OCD/depression but even when Sheila couldn't leave the house she was all about her family and making sure they, especially Karen, were happy. Watching Sheila pour out her heart only for Karen to blow her off so she could string Lip along pissed me off so so much. I really hope she's dead because I don't think Lip stands a chance as long as she's alive.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:17 pm

That's exactly how I feel. And I kind of love that Mandy set her up right after Karen called her to fuck with her head again. She finally messed with someone who lacks the patience for the back and forth. Hopefully she only lingers on in a coma for an episode.

I'm not sure why I never warmed up to Steve. I think part of it is the actor. He's just never come off as smart or interesting enough to combat what are essentially a bunch of stupid first world problems he made for himself out of boredom. And this season he's brought it to a new level of douchebagginess with the cheating and lying and moping.

Also, if the courtroom scenes from a couple eps ago don't finally get Rossum her Emmy nom, I can't imagine what else ever could.

swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:32 pm

It's hard to invest in Steve when you're wondering how Fiona is going to win cupcake wars with mashed potatoes and marachino cherries.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:06 pm

Fiona seriously broke my heart when she called Jimmy to try to work things out. Not even just because I can't stand Jimmy, but because it was almost like she was admitting that he was right and her life does suck and he does deserve more and how stupid of her to think she could expect him to settle for what she can offer. I found it all so sad, that she can't see all the ways he's been a total dick all season and how unworthy he is of being a part of her life.

She and new boss continue to be cute and she needs to jump on that. I'm glad they stopped though, as I'm hoping that means the writers have more long-term plans for him.

I'm really, really over Ian/Mickey and I get Mickey's had a shit life and is dealing with all kinds of trauma, but this isn't romantic, it's abusive and they need to move on already.

Sheila talking about how much nicer Karen is with brain damage...heee.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  salamandersam Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:54 am

I'm totally shipping Fiona with the pseudo boss. He's cute! He's respectful to her! He's smart. Also, big step up from Steve who's created his own problems and, had he told the Gallaghers about his problems they would have solved that shit. Because they've spent their lives dealing with people like that and are all smarter than Steve.

I want Lip to have all the things, including a sane girlfriend. I wanted Karen to die but I'm agreeing with Sheila that she's much nicer now. Whether that will remain, I'm not sure.

salamandersam

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:21 pm

I binged the series.

Really felt like they went out of their way to have Fiona ruin her life this season. Lip has the better story arc.

The Milkoviches are such a guilty pleasure laugh for me.
"She made me take down all my Nazi shit."
"Make sure there isn't any hair under the grill."
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:04 pm

Okay I haven't watched this show consistently since like S3, but I'm loving this season, I think it might be the best one they've ever put together.

Last night was perfect example, Frank is in storyline where he's delightfully Frank, but also vaguely human and sympathetic. Bianca has done wonders for his moral compass.

Mickey and Debs were hilarious dealing with getting revenge on Sammi. I loved Mickey's response to Deb's hopeful "Really?" "No, she's fuckin' dead!" Too bad he wasn't 100% accurate. I'm only glad she's not dead because I don't want Debs to have that on her conscience, but otherwise Sammi is terrible and I'm cool with her dying for real. I also loved that Mickey wasn't feeling all that responsible for her death because she must have doing other drugs to cause her die.

My Kevin and Vee are back together like they belong, and they worked it out in typical Kev/V fashion. I heart them.

Ian and Monica were heartbreaking, I know people hate her, but she is bipolar, it's super tough for me to hold her as responsible for her actions, no matter how hurtful, and Chloe does a damn good job doing that kind of role which isn't wholly unlike Nancy Spungen.

The only thing I'm meh on his Sean/Fiona, I don't think they have a ton of chemistry and yes they are both addicts, and I like Gus so much better.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum