Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martin Freeman

+2
sagitare
vwlphb
6 posters

Go down

Martin Freeman Empty Martin Freeman

Post  vwlphb Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:19 pm

I've been rewatching Sherlock a lot, and just saw a trailer for The Hobbit, and it made me want to make a topic for him. It's amazing how many "awesome/badass everyman" characters he plays. (Arthur Dent too!)

He always does a great job with his roles, so it's nice to see him have success. I can't wait for the new episodes of Sherlock next year.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Martin Freeman Empty Re: Martin Freeman

Post  sagitare Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:08 am

I really love his Dr. Watson. He plays the character's darker aspects so well, and he gets across how badass Watson really is in very understated, subtle ways: a look, the set of his body, that sort of thing. You absolutely believe that Watson is not a guy you want to fuck with when the chips are down, which is kind of hilarious because Freeman has such an easygoing/everyman vibe to him that at first you wouldn't believe that he could be convincing being a badass. But he most definitely is, and Watson is a great showcase for that.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:19 pm

I think he's sexy.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:55 pm

He was so wonderful as Tim in The Office that I could never really warm up to Jim in the American version. Martin did such a good job conveying all of the subtle disappointments and failures that go along with a going-nowhere office job.

Martin Freeman has been one of my favorite actors ever since, so I'm very excited for The Hobbit -- especially after seeing the trailer!
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:54 pm

What cracks me up is how with some more die-hard fans there's the joke that he's made up of rage (he really doesn't suffer fools and media well) and now, thanks to his partner, they're trolling Facebook. Well, she is. And apparently is telling him, because she'll report back sometimes.

It really is hilarious, but then it also get creepy.

I like his John Watson and I remember him as Arthur Dent.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:10 pm

I was so impressed with him in the last episode of this run of Sherlock. He really is a fantastically good actor. He broke my heart.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:45 pm

Cutebutpsycho wrote:What cracks me up is how with some more die-hard fans there's the joke that he's made up of rage (he really doesn't suffer fools and media well) and now, thanks to his partner, they're trolling Facebook. Well, she is. And apparently is telling him, because she'll report back sometimes.

It really is hilarious, but then it also get creepy.

Really? Wow. She's responding to people's posts about him on Facebook?
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:58 pm

That sounds like a Very. Bad. Idea. It's best not to poke the crazy!

He was outstanding in the last episode of Sherlock, he broke my heart. I think anyone who has any doubts about him playing Bilbo should watch this episode.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down