Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pinterest

+40
big chicken
inversed
particle_person
skittlebox
eventide82
Auroura76
EggSpreader
laurelin_kit
Maestro
Lily Rose
puddingcup
Kiran
Rhilin
Raksha
PrettyPenny
Poubelle
Carriellie
Instant Monkeys
Putli Bai
Crackie
GeneralErin
tothemax
Menshevixen
sixchooks
punkysdilemma
NewYorkStranger
xyzzy
nikita
Algae
Bad Username
Jamie
jstilwe
vwlphb
bluebird
allochthonous
Escape
Luthien
ariadne
Unlucky Bear
maxell131313
44 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Pinterest Empty Pinterest

Post  maxell131313 Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:49 pm

I'm always late to the party, but I joined this a few weeks ago and am having fun adding stuff and looking at what other people pin. Does anyone else here participate?
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Pinterest Empty Re: Pinterest

Post  Unlucky Bear Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:42 pm

Yes. I am unemployed and have way too much free time so I love Pinterest.

My friends and I have gotten in the habit of having a craft day at someone's house every few months. We each pick a craft and get our ideas from Pinterest 99% of the time.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  ariadne Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:46 pm

I am somewhat obsessed. I have made 3 more mood boards over the last 2 days. Can you tell I have lecture planning I should be getting on with?!

But I love looking at other people's boards too. If anyone wants to share, I am http://pinterest.com/katyjane/

ariadne

Back to top Go down

Post  Luthien Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:46 pm

I'd never heard of it until the month before Christmas, when my sister told me about it. Just before Christmas is not a good time to start trawling Pinterest. So many great ideas, no time left to do them! I love it for crafts; I've gotten several good ideas for sewing projects there. And several good recipes, too. I could do without some things (sometimes the religious/secular pins get a little out of hand, I think), but that's a relatively small problem, I find. I haven't started my own pinboard because I know I would be "pin ALL the things!" and I'd get even less done in a day than I do now. So I just stick to looking at the main page.

Luthien

Back to top Go down

Post  Escape Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:24 pm

I'm there! I like it, but sometimes I forget to pin things. I love seeing what other people post, though. I'm http://pinterest.com/escape74/ if anyone is interested.
Escape
Escape

Back to top Go down

Post  allochthonous Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:25 pm

Oh, this looks like something I could very happily waste my time with. I've signed up for an invitation, but I am not good with delayed gratification. Does anyone know how about long they take to come through?
allochthonous
allochthonous

Back to top Go down

Post  Escape Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:32 pm

DM me and I can send you an invite.
Escape
Escape

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:21 pm

It does tend to be a little glitchy on occasion, but I'm guessing it's just growing pains for a new site.

Last edited by maxell131313 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebird Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:12 pm

I love pinterest. My blogging partner and I started one to spread our polyvore creations and try to get more pageviews for our blog. But we quickly realized that it is really fun and addictive. We got a little carried away pinning everything on earth. I recently scaled it back to focus on fashion and pop culture, and created a personal one for my future house and wedding dreams.

Our pinterest is goldengals.

bluebird

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:47 pm

I am really loving this site. Though I find sometimes it hangs in chrome when I try to repin things, has anyone else had that problem? Also I wish they had more general categories to fit your board into, or at least less concrete ones. For example ones like "Design" or "Inspiration" and such, rather than "Technology" and "Art" and "Travel," since it would probably include all three.

I'm vwlphb on there, and I'd love to follow more people.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:16 pm

Here's my Pinterest. I'm mostly there for the food. The delicious, delicious food. Everybody needs to try the pumpkin pull-apart bread on my baking board, it's easy and INSANELY good (add a little cream cheese to the glaze, though). My niece calls me twice a week begging me to make it.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:35 pm

My sister got me to join this. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do. I figured it was just a tumblr rip-off. It is really fun though. I love how interactive it is. I was surprised at how many comments and repins I get after just poking around it for a couple of days.

Mine is http://pinterest.com/jamsau/ but I really haven't done much. I definitely want to play around with some more.

But I love looking at other people's boards too. If anyone wants to share, I am http://pinterest.com/katyjane/

You have an owl board too! Yay!
Jamie
Jamie

Back to top Go down

Post  allochthonous Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:50 pm

Jamie wrote:I love how interactive it is. I was surprised at how many comments and repins I get after just poking around it for a couple of days.
Yes - I think the fact that it's still quite small encourages interaction. I'm really enjoying it, but I think turning off email notifications is a good idea! Mine is here (thanks, Escape!), although currently I seem to be creating new boards more than filling up old ones.
allochthonous
allochthonous

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:14 am

This is my pinterest. I'll be going on a following spree, I think!

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  Algae Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:10 pm

This is mine, although I'm still figuring it out. And I don't have time for another time sink...but it's so pretty!
Algae
Algae

Back to top Go down

Post  nikita Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:19 pm

Does anyone have an invite? I've submitted a request for one to the site, but it's been two days and I'm impatient.

nikita

Back to top Go down

Post  allochthonous Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:03 pm

PM me your email address and I'll send you one! (Goes for anyone else who wants one, BTW.)
allochthonous
allochthonous

Back to top Go down

Post  nikita Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:30 pm

Thanks for the offer allochthonous but I received my invite from Pinterest today. Yay!

bloomtoperish was already taken so I'm here. Haven't done anything yet, but I'm going to follow all of you!

nikita

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:28 pm

You can follow me if you want--my boards are mostly geek/craft/weird stuff.
xyzzy
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  NewYorkStranger Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:57 pm

Here's mine! I made a board devoted to mac & cheese, so I have that going for me.
NewYorkStranger
NewYorkStranger

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:04 pm

I kind of want to start one for wedding stuff and another one for stuff that no way in hell we are having at our wedding, but that is because I am a terrible person.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:55 pm

Well, if you are a terrible person, than so am I, because I would totally follow that.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  sixchooks Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:12 pm

What's the quickest way to click through to a source? I've found a couple of things I like and have had to click 5+ times to find the source (and once, I couldn't!).

I work in a sustainability office at a university. Would this be a fun way for us to find and store ideas? We tweet and post links to our Facebook but this seems more on the forward curve.
sixchooks
sixchooks

Back to top Go down

Post  Menshevixen Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:03 pm

Sooo I got one of these; my boss talked me into it (we work for a greeting card company and have been making inspiration boards). My profile is here if anyone wants to follow.
Menshevixen
Menshevixen

Back to top Go down

Post  tothemax Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:26 pm

Just opened an account. My username is tansahsa and I'll be going on a friending spree.

tothemax

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum