Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Secret Circle

+7
truecrystal
big chicken
TiffanyNichelle
Raksha
Lily Rose
curryalley
blixie
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Secret Circle - Page 2 Empty Re: The Secret Circle

Post  blixie Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:31 pm

Yeah I'm still digging this show, despite my continued irritation with Faye. Hey Melissa, you'll never guess what I want to do this week?! Hmm try to get my your magic back because the circle sucks, and ever week you fail, because you're lame?

Luckily Cassie kicked some serious ass this week, as did Grandma Kate and Diana. I just love Diana/Cassie's friendship, and that Kate was all duh I had to try to kill her to make sure she's The One, if only she understood talking to Charles is pointless, and Diana is the brains in the family.

Then there was the part where Faye sucked, and dragged poor Melissa into her suckage. They just need her to go the full selling her soul to the devil angle and her Barbie playhouse approach to magic is just to stupid and she needs to pay, preferrably with her life.

I practically did a cartwheel when Cassie attracted Jake back to her those two are hot and have so much potential.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:25 pm

I'm a little bummed about Jake being back so soon. He's just awful. And I finally figured out why his face bothers me so damn much. He's like a real life version of Frank Quitely's ugly ass comic art.

Faye's continued whininess and stupid attempts to do solo magic is wearing really thin. Why does she seem to have a bigger part than Diana? Diana is clearly superior.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:15 pm

Jake is like, the only male character I can stand pretty much, lol.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:24 pm

HAHA! Me too! I unashamedly love him.

New guy (from FNL!!) is hot but very lame. And he gets extra lame points for being involved with lame Faye's lame scheme.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:25 pm

I found them both lame, yet weirdly hot together? Does that make any sense? Like I was like oh this plot is stupid but at least you are both pretty.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:49 pm

Yah I think Jake is fantastic, both fantastic bad and sometimes just plain good fantastic. I can see him having chemistry with half the female circle AND Dawn so that's of the good. I liked Adam this week too though, he definitely had an edge he's lack up to now. He was bringing the creep like Daddy. Also I so did not recognize Jake as Thor in Kaboom, that casting couch thing was even more on the money than I thought. Now I kind of wish they had cast Juno Temple as Cassie.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:21 pm

Somebody please punch Faye in the face for me. I can't even with her anymore. She needs a sassy gay friend ("What what WHAT are you doing?") because this? This is not working. ("She's a stupid bitch.")
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:59 pm

IKR? I'm sad there was another big fire and Adam and Faye didn't die in it. Adam was douchier than ever too, and Faye is living in some alternate bizarro-verse, Cassie is whiney? Cassie? Look in the mirror wench. Hopefully Jake being back puts an end to this renewed Adam/Cassie angle, and he can be paired with Faye (who Dekker actually *does* have chemistry with) and than I can FF their scenes.

Aside from this week in Faye and Adam suckage, I still think this show nails their horror beats so well. Cassie working mojo to part the fire/put it out and find Melissa? Nicely spooky.

I do wish they would just concede Shelley as co-lead and writer her that way, because much as I do like Cassie and don't think she's this boring bland blah, I still think Diana has hella more potential and I love their friendship.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:48 am

Diana is my favorite character by a long shot. I love what a great friend she is. This ep was really great for that, with both Cassie and Melissa. I wish Melissa would hang out with Diana more. She's way more interesting when they're together!

Also, that scene in the hallway where Adam was all "Hey, Diana, could you tell Cassie it's okay to date me"? She broke my heart. The way she was trying to put on a brave smile, but then her little face just crumpled once he turned away. Oh Diana! You're too good for him!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:20 am

I'm sad there was another big fire and Adam and Faye didn't die in it.

If those two would go away, my enjoyment of this show would go up exponentially, especially now that Jake is back. Seriously, between Adam's assy "can you get her to ride with me?" bullshit with Diana and Faye's continued assy and utterly stupid quest for "indy magic" --which, for real? "Indy magic"? Please god don't let that become a thing--both of them needed a punch in the face. More than one, actually. And Cassie deserved at least two kicks in the shin for even being bothered with Adam when Diana is trying so hard to not let her feelings for Adam get in the way of their friendship. Oh Jake, you are the cheesiest of the cheese but I will love you forever for keeping Cassie away from Adam and actually getting Faye to shut up on occasion.

I really wish they would give poor Melissa something to do other than serve as whipping girl and excuse maker for lame Faye. I did enjoy her time with Diana, but we need to know more about her and her family. It's become really glaring how they ignore that character which is a shame because Jessica Parker Kennedy is so beautiful and charismatic (and 27!! I never would have guessed that!).

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:42 am

27!!! Holy shit, girl has some fantastic genes going there.

I find myself sort of hoping that Melissa is the other Balcoin kid, just so she has something to do. She's totally wasted on the moping and being Faye's bitch. I loved loved loved her and Diana bonding. And seriously, Diana is the best person in town. She should have slapped Adam, Cassie, and Faye and blown town to go be fabulous somewhere else where people aren't awful to her.

Having said that....I sort of like Cassie and Adam? I think it's lingering goodwill for Dekker from T:SCC, but I still find him compelling to watch, even when they are writing him like a punk ass bitch. And I like Cassie, even though she's kind of annoying and awkward. I don't get how we're supposed to believe that Cassie, Adam, and Jake are some sort of legit love triangle, though. I mean...come on.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:19 am

Ha, Born of a Jackal! FANTASTIC.

Man I enjoy how this show can be so super cheese and super spooky too. Everything about the Balcoin storyline I'm loving, those scenes of him in the robe, I totally knew they couldn't resist reviving him. I was sad there was no Cassie/Jake macking, but systems look good for a go next week. Hee I laughed so hard when Cassie was looking at Adam, like I'm sorry and your name is what again?

Jake: Don't you usually have a different girlfriend. Oh Jake, never leave me.

Oh look, Ethan totally ratted John out to the witch hunters, and that killed his wife and all their friends. Creeper.

Faye was less irritating this week, but only because Mike Damone is trying to get her hooked on vodoo drugs and probably sell her Van Halen tickets.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:03 am

I'm about thisclose to fast forwarding all lame Faye scenes in the Sanford & Son voodoo house. I don't know what kind of crack magic they're working with in there, but I do know that there's some shitty shitty acting going on. I honestly don't think Phoebe Tonkin is capable of holding her head straight up.

Ethan is definitely a creeper but I still laughed when he put the whammy on Charles because he is almost as lame as Faye.

Poor, might-as-well-not-even-be-part-of-the-circle-or-show Melissa.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:24 pm

Yeah. Poor Melissa. Now she gets the lame magic-crack storyline that I thought would be Faye's. With bonus skanky new love interest! Eww. The actress is so gorgeous. I swear her and Bonnie need to go off and find their own witchy awesomeness somewhere else.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:08 pm

With bonus skanky new love interest! Eww.

I actually like the Mike Damone dude, he's so sleazy in a fun way, and I thought he showed an interesting...and genuine concern for her, plus if they get a storyline it means Faye doesn't and less storylines for Faye makes me happy.

Speaking of, I loved Jake dissing her so hard, why don't you go deal with your powerlessness by burning down another school. And then using her when he was so clearly hot for Cassie. Why are we supposed to think Faye isn't the whiny pathetic one?

This show continues to be frustrating, every week I think they can't make Adam any douch-ier and then they manage to have him act like an even bigger asshole, him admitting he can't make decisions for Cassie would mean more if he hadn't just made a decision for her, all while sanctimoniously ranting at her. His questioning of her killed me, did you dig up your dead dad...WITH JAKE?! Do you have to figure out the medallion....WITH JAKE?!

At least Diana continues to rule, I remain convinced that Jake/Diana are the lead candidates for Balcoin kid #2/sibling of Cassie, Diana for that bit about how she wasn't sure what was right/wrong when she was a kid, and Jake, because Cassie swore she's nothing like him. Yay to Cassie being totally badass and creepy, with the power.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:43 pm

blixie wrote:
With bonus skanky new love interest! Eww.

I actually like the Mike Damone dude, he's so sleazy in a fun way, and I thought he showed an interesting...and genuine concern for her, plus if they get a storyline it means Faye doesn't and less storylines for Faye makes me happy.
I like him too, and find him even a little hot, in a gross sort of way. I...don't judge me!

I like that Cassie is sort of getting high off the dark power. And now she's just doing it for funsies!

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:56 pm

I'll take Mike Damone dude over Voodoo dude any day. Partly because it means less Faye and partly because Voodoo dude is an AWFUL actor. And hey, at least Melissa has something/one to do even if it's magic crack. I like that, unlike Faye, she has a valid reason--grief--for turning to the magic crack. In conclusion: Faye is lame.

I hate Adam so much I can't even. Plus, I'm really having a hard time with how Dekker is playing him all non-blinking and dewey eyed. I need him to OWN his dickishness instead of looking like he's about to cry every time he's alone with Cassie or Diana. I get he's supposed to be Mr. Nice Guy especially compared to Jake, but I think Dekker's playing up the vulnerability way too much. It's playing more pathetic to me which makes his asshole behavior even more rage-inducing. In conclusion: Diana needs a new boy toy.

Jake did have the best line of the night with the burning down the school jab to Faye. I don't care: I LOVE PLASTICENE JAKE SO MUCH and I love him and Cassie. (As an aside, he's also dating Lucy Hale from Pretty Little Liars and they are so cute I could die.) In conclusion: Faye is STILL LAME.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:24 am

I like him too, and find him even a little hot, in a gross sort of way. I...don't judge me!

I don't! I also find him ugly hot, but I must say I could never figure out how he got work in daytime/soaps (and Y&R in particular), he really really isn't as super good looking as they like to cast, though I do think he' s a decent to goodish actor, and I'm always glad to see soap folks make it in the straight world.

I think Dekker's playing up the vulnerability way too much.

For real, he's all eyelashes in this part, every time I see him emote all I see is THIS.. C'mon Dekker, you can do better than that.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:14 pm

I wish they'd say in the show that Faye has some kind of mild autism or something to explain her monomania, because otherwise she's just a poorly written idiot. She never, ever learns when it comes to her obsessive desire for solo magic.

In other news, Diana and Melissa were both adorable and hilarious. Stoned!Diana was delightful (frankly, I find any Diana delightful), and Melissa's laugh after Diana kissed the pizza delivery guy was so freaking cute. I love them as friends! I'm glad it seems like we're going to get more of that!

I'm also relieved that it seems like Cassie and Adam are moving beyond the "But we can't be together!" nonsense. Maybe now Adam will have something to do other than stare longingly at Cassie.

Also, Jake is a moron. Why on earth would he believe a word that witch hunter guy has to say? Dude, you already know this guy wants to kill the entire circle! He'll tell you anything to get you to do what he wants!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:49 pm

Adam's possessed expressions were legit scary. I think this show is at its best when it goes straight for the horror elements - snake demons, exploding coffins, possession, hell yes.

Loved Stoned Diana, she is the cutest evah. In general, she is pretty damn cute. She deserves a hot pizza guy, especially since she made him!

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:00 pm

Adam's possessed expressions were legit scary.

That totally freaked my shit out, it's the one part of this show I think they manage to rock each week, genuinely scary moments, but I guess it shouldn't be surprising since Williamson came to the fore via Scream and his love of horror.

Diana and Melissa were adorbs and Faye was as usual a bitch and buzzkill. I especially liked "Do you two want to go find Cassie a 3rd boyfriend?" Heh. I still wish the show would recognize Diana's awesome already.

Jake was spectacularly dumb, but his terrible acting entertained me so. Also I laughed heartily when Cassie was repeatedly choked by her own medallion. Hee.

The show has some serious whiplash between Good Cassie Bad Cassie Good Blackwell Bad Blackwell Good Adam Bad Jake, um make a decision, any decision.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:37 pm

Poor Faye. She finally finds someone willing to put up with her moody ass and he dies. Is it just me, or did the effect they used when he died look like the dead vampire effect they use on The Vampire Diaries? It kind of makes me want a crossover. Like, maybe Melissa is a distant cousin of Bonnie's! Even though TVD is by far the superior show, it could be a lot of fun. And maybe some of TVD's insanity and awesomeness would rub off.

How hilariously awkward would it be if that black bird congregation/die off happens every time Cassie and Adam have sex? Eventually, I think they'd just get a shack off in the woods somewhere that they use just for sex, to save the time consuming and messy yard work afterwards.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:10 am

Oh yay Diana is the Balcoin, I was right! And I'm SO freaking relieved it's not Faye, hopefully this means MORE Diana though because....really Shelly Henig is Red Lobster to everyone else's acting KenTacoHut. The Chumping of Charles still remains hilarious, though I'm hoping he choked Elizabeth out, and that he's just completely out of his mind, convincing himself Blackwell did it.

Watching Faye trying to "access" her Dark Magic did make me think she might be Charles's kid. She's certainly stupid enough.

I do have to wonder how this show was able to get Q to guest star as Circle in the Conspiracy Sand grand dad. I hope he sticks around as family for poor Plastic Orphan Jake.

Otherwise I thought this episode was pretty bad, like there were long awkard pauses in the action staging, and just a random hodgepodge with bonus Crystal Skull references, until Cassie got to rock Diana's world with the evil sisters reveal. Wait a minute, now that I type that all out I realize it was awesomely bad and a lot of fun.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:24 am

blixie wrote:Otherwise I thought this episode was pretty bad, like there were long awkard pauses in the action staging, and just a random hodgepodge with bonus Crystal Skull references, until Cassie got to rock Diana's world with the evil sisters reveal. Wait a minute, now that I type that all out I realize it was awesomely bad and a lot of fun.

Your thoughts are my thoughts, blixie! It was kind of a bad episode, but really enjoyable! Strange.

I love love love the fact that Diana is Blackwell's other kid. It kind of ties her closer to Cassie and the Circle, just when she's getting totally sick of their shit. Diana is basically the best and I am fully in support of anything that gives her some kind of a struggle. Also, knowing how much Charles hates Blackwell and wants to kill him and all, I can't wait until he finds out who Diana's biological father really is. This show has miles to go on the Fucked Up Highway before they will even glimse Vampire Diaries' tail lights, but I'm loving any little twist they throw in.

Like Charles basically killing the shit out of Cassies whole family. Such a chump, but I'm enjoying him more the more chump-ish he becomes. Also, when Blackwell called him "Charlie" I desperately wanted flashbacks to the parents' circle all of a sudden. I hope next season, we get some extensive flashbacks. I loved the flashbacks to the boat, but most of the parents were either elsewhere or already dead. I hope we get flashbacks to how their Circle functioned back when they were whole.

Also, does anyone else kind of really want Adam and Melissa to become besties? The last few episodes I've found their interactions really fun.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:43 am

Also, knowing how much Charles hates Blackwell and wants to kill him and all, I can't wait until he finds out who Diana's biological father really is.

See I think he already knows and he killed Diana's mom. Well that's what happened in the version of the show that is a worthy successor to TVD. Still I like him better than Ethan, poor Charlie the Chump.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum