Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alcatraz

2 posters

Go down

Alcatraz Empty Alcatraz

Post  naughty zoot Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:51 pm

Or as we call it in my house, "What the hell is Sam Neill really up to?"

I love the premise and 3/4 of the cast - I'm undecided about the female lead - but the first two episodes seemed a little flat and felt a little too much like the series will end up being nothing but chasing down a criminal a week. I know there's more to it, especially considering it's pedigree, but get to the good stuff already. And that would include much more Robert Forster. It's too much of a waste to just have be the exposition guy in the bar every other episode.

I'll keep watching for a bit longer.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Alcatraz Empty Re: Alcatraz

Post  Gillian Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:58 pm

Michael Giacchino is credited for scoring the first two episodes, and it was the laziest work ever because I swear he just shoved a USB drive with a bunch of Lost music files in Jorge Garcia's pocket before sending him off to the set. The music was so Lost-y I had an actual Lost dream the night after I watched the episodes.

I wasn't sold after the first two episodes. It's not that I don't think it can get better (it might), but I don't have the time or the room on my DVR to find out. I'm going to have to wait and see if it gets any better and then watch online over the summer or something.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum