Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dallas (TNT)

+12
kakalinadumox
Carrie Ann
TiffanyNichelle
dionneshea
big chicken
Shalamar
The Dude
bookworm
Heather
Fraoch
truecrystal
blixie
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dallas (TNT) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dallas (TNT)

Post  The Dude Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:19 am

Fraoch wrote:WTF is with all the random "Pam ran off/Pam disappeared/the Ewings ruined Pam" references in tonight's episode? The Pam of yore would not simply have abandoned young Christopher, even if she were leaving Bobby.
Not but Victoria Principal did. She HAS to be coming back.

I wonder if they'll even mention Gary Ewing.

"Bullets don't have much of an effecton me." *BWAH*!
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:48 am

I know! I loved that line.

No Sue Ellen this week - boo. On the other hand, CLIFF! "Time has not been kind to that face." Hee.

Who was the sinister bald dude with Cliff, and whom was he actually calling when Cliff asked him to cash him out of his online poker game?
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:09 pm

It's been announced that they are getting a second season and they are upping the episode order to 15.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:33 pm

In what universe is not showing a new episode of Dallas on the Fourth of July patriotic?!

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:35 am

But TWOP has a recaplet for a July 4th episode ... ? I don't get it.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:40 am

My dvr picked up a new episode on Wednesday. I haven't watched it yet, so maybe it's a ruse, but there's something there.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:43 am

Yeah they actually did air an episode, I was led astray (The AV Club didn't have it on their "calendar"). I mean I was actually out and about eating pancit and watching fireworks, but now I have an episode to look forward to On Demand. And it appears to have been JR-tastic!

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:21 pm

I agree with everything you guys have said. And I must note JR is my spirit animal, I adore him so, but I think Josh Henderson is better than Jesse Metcalf. Or at the very least I find John Ross way more palatable then Christopher. Christopher may be the only character I actively dislike who I am not supposed to dislike.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:21 am

Caught this last episode and OOOOH shit is getting good. I loved the way Brenda Strong played that scene with the locket, and then they had her ex-husband talk about her going over a cliff. There is crazy buried there! JR antagonizing Cliff was fun, and I love how many irons in the fire he has. Sue Ellen compromised her political integrity for John Ross, draining bottles of vodka can't be far behind!

And then the pregnancy reveal, I adored how they teased it through the whole episode, that is the kind of soapy pacing that so many day/primetime soap writers besides this crew and TVD have forgotten. Which is even if you know it's going to happen that drawn out, but not TOO drawn out reveal is delicious and so much fun to watch.

The only thing I'm not digging is unfortunately Jordana Brewster thanks to now not being able to unseen that her lips can't cover her teeth thing. Sigh, can't we jump to the part where Rebecca and John Ross hook up and lord it over Elena/Christopher?

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:30 am

Hooray - after hardly seeing him for the last couple of episodes, we had a LOT of J.R. in this one! "You gotta help me see Bobby. Wife #3 is guarding the door, and she's packin' heat." Hee.

Speaking of, how awesome is Brenda Strong? When she threatened to shoot J.R., I believed her.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Fraoch Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:52 pm

I really want to see J.R. and Harris in a scene together. The screen would explode with their combined bastardy.

Fraoch

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:27 pm

John Ross:"He's being pig-headed and selfish."

Sue Ellen: "That's so unlike JR." Heeee, Linda Gray is so fierce and funny.

So I thought Josh Henderson was legitimately good last night.

after hardly seeing him for the last couple of episodes, we had a LOT of J.R.

Yeah Larry Hagman was getting chemo for the first four or five episodes, he looked a bit worse for wear, but was great per usual. Kick cancer's ass Larry!

Awww, Jr/Bobby bonding, they'll never agree on anything, but they're Ewing brothers.

My only disappointment is that Julie Gonzalo is really transformed by the power of Christopher's boring love, she is a much better bitch, and she needs to get to it. Hopefully that comes when she finds him screwing Elena in the middle of her pregnancy.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:37 am

I haven't had a chance to watch all of last night's episode yet, but right now, I gotta say - DAMN, Annie. Just ... wow. I haven't cheered that much at a ballsy female character's actions since Edith Bunker crammed the red-hot cake into her would-be rapist's face.

Question: how come a night-time soap is doing a better job at writing interesting female characters than Aaron Sorkin on Newsroom?
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:17 am

Finally watched the finale now that Olympics coverage is coming to a close and...DAMN! That was GOOOOOD! I'm so glad Christopher and Elena had their non-sexy, semi-depressing reunion because that puts the 2 worse things about this show together which makes my viewing more efficient. Plus Rebecca (which, what IS her name?) is full fledged Barnes bitchy and is totally going to end up having revenge sex with John Ross who I'm not even ashamed to say I love so much. Josh Henderson really came into the role by the end, and I want him to beat Christopher at everything.

I'm so glad the show got a second season because I was thoroughly entertained by the plain old soapiness of it. It was equal parts totally predictable and unpredictably batshit which is what makes a great soap.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:01 pm

I loved every minute of the finale. Christopher and Elena totally deserve to bore each other to tears for the rest of their lives. And I agree about Josh Henderson - I started off the series thinking he was totally lame and a terrible actor, but by the end of the finale, I loved him so hard. He and Larry Hagman are awesome together.

I have mixed feelings about season 2 starting in January. On the one hand, I am super happy to not have to wait til next summer. On the other, this nicely filled the time between Revenge seasons, so I don't know what I'll do next summer when I'm having soapy show withdrawal.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:05 am

I loved the finale, I knew Not Rebecca Rebecca had to be connected to Cliff but it was still fun as shit to find out he yet and still wants to destroy the Ewings (even IF it's weird he went after his adopted nephew and Bobby when he actually used to LIKE Bobby). One can only hope that Not Rebecca Rebecca hooks up with John Ross! While Josh Henderson does a great job being so in love with Elena that I almost almost like her, man is she a DRIP. And I feel like she spent most of this episode open mouthed breathing which only reminded me that her lips don't fit over her teeth and man someone needs to kill her quick and replace her with someone more interesting. Seriously though, my only complaint is that the cast for a soap is kind a puny, they need get a bigger canvas going into next season.

While it would be nice to keep this in my summer bucket of breezy fun shows (Suits/Burn Notice/White Collar) I legit can't wait to get new episodes so yay to coming back in January!

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:48 pm

I'm still so sad about LH, and while there was a time when I wasn't sure this show could make it w/o him, I'm sufficiently and pleasantly surprised by Josh Henderson's JR-ability, between him and Ryland and Bad Bitch Judith Light I happy with how this show is broadening it's world and cast.

OH and I'm so so so glad Pam/John Ross are finally hitting it and plotting away together. YAY.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:49 pm

Anyone else still watching this besides me? It is SO GOOD. Delicious soapy goodness. I wasn't sure they'd be able to maintain the quality without Larry Hagman, but they've got a wonderful villain in Mitch Pileggi, and I've been loving every second.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:47 pm

Is anyone still watching this? Because I really enjoyed the two hour finale last night. I forgot all about the "Which Ewing dies?" promos while I was watching so the end actually took me by surprise. Did not see that coming.

I've become a hard core John-Ross/Pam shipper, so their whole storyline this season has made me sad. They both just want to be loved but he's an idiot, and she fell in love with an idiot, so they're both doomed to be unhappy. They have got to take the vengeance down about twelve notches each.

And Judith Light is a flippin' DELIGHT. She is chewing that scenery for all it is worth and no one can hold a candle to her. I love her.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:38 pm

I haven't watched the finale yet, but I am still watching. I am also a total John Ross/Pam shipper; I just want those two crazy kids to make it work.

And yes! Judith Light is uh.mazing. I love her, and she just seems to be having a blast. It's annoying that she is only like 2 years older than Mitch Pileggi, though. They could have made her an overbearing sister or something, and it still might have worked.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:16 pm

Cancelled. Damn.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:32 pm

Noooooooooooooo!!!! But, but, but, John Ross and Pamela Rebecca never got back together! And Bobby doesn't know about Christopher!! And the Judith Light of it all!!!! I'm so sad!
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:18 pm

Yeah this sucks.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:50 am

And what about
Spoiler:
?

I just signed an online petition to bring it back. Not that I think it'll help. *sigh*
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum