Gwyneth Paltrow

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Gwyneth Paltrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Gwyneth Paltrow

Post  Tabby on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:03 am

If it was loomed from spun gold on Mount Olympus, I still wouldn't pay that for a T-shirt.
I saw a comment elsewhere that suggested that perhaps there's $75 in cash sewn onto the tag, which might make the price appropriate. It's still not very flattering, though, even for the small sizes it's made for.
Tabby
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:14 pm

I guess she's doing a whole collection:Goop Jeans. $200 seems a little less crazy for jeans than $90 was for a plain white t-shirt, but the cut only works if you're super tall.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:26 pm

Yeah, those jeans wouldn't work for me. I'm short. They would pool on the floor unless I wore super-tall boots.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:36 pm

Crowbridge wrote:Yeah, those jeans wouldn't work for me. I'm short. They would pool on the floor unless I wore super-tall boots.

I'm short too and have legs that tend to be on the skinnier side. Anything that flares that much below the knee (even hemmed to the right length) would look like my pants were trying to swallow my feet.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  VodouDoll on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:41 pm

My friend linked me to the Goop You blog.

VodouDoll

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:00 pm

Between this and this, not having the best week ever.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:22 pm

Just me, or is that affair not the least bit juicy or interesting? I feel like it's common knowledge that she and Chris have had problems and seem to have worked past multiple cheating allegations. She's straight out said she doesn't see cheating as a dealbreaker. If this affair was still going on? If she and Jay Z were having a passionate affair, I could see her panic, but as is? Gywneth, no one really cares if you had an affair with a business man 5 years ago.

I'm hoping the real issue is that the inner workings of the GOOP empire are a trainwreck behind the scenes, or that VF has the deets on what went down with Winona and Madonna. Or more about her being the "architect of her own destruction" with Brad.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:43 pm

Not just you. I, too, am hoping for major GOOP and ex-friend dirt.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:44 pm

Ha, agreed, I could really give a feck if she cheated with some hotel magnate although I find it amusing in the how common way of all aging models and starlets, but who doesn't love a good goddamn hotel?

I do love the Martha smackdown so much.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella on Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:01 pm

The affair doesn't sound all that interesting but this:
Page Six also alleges that writer Vanessa Grigoriadis, who is penning the piece on Gwyneth, plans to delve into her fallout with former friend Madonna as well as her casting couch experiences.
is a lot juicier. Though Vanity Fair is denying that Page Six's claims about the article are true, so what do they have that's so awful?

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:11 pm

There's been casting couch rumors about her for years, so maybe she's less worried about those?

Also, the fact that Gwyneth--someone who is pretty much Hollywood royalty, is reasonably talented, and a conventionally pretty, skinny blonde--may have felt she needed to go the casting couch route? That is just depressing.

Last edited by Poubelle on Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella on Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:49 pm

The casting couch rumors about Gwyneth are kind of like Tom Cruise and the CoS before he jumped the couch--if you followed celebrity gossip in a certain way, you might have been aware of the horror stories, but millions more only knew he was in some celebrity religion that was a bit different, but he seemed harmless enough. Then once he started acting weird it put a huge spotlight on all the other stuff that had been at the internet/gossip column whisper level for years up until that point. If VF prints that Gwyneth slept with Uncle Harvey for movie roles, then Good Morning America and Entertainment Tonight and People are all free to discuss it as well. Plus, now her kids are probably too old to have a story like that totally hidden from them if it becomes mainstream, while I doubt nine year olds on the playground are really up on Ted Casablanca's "jokes" about cookie baking from the late nineties.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:24 am

I remember those cookie baking comments - didn't he give her the nickname Fishstick, too? and then they totally disappeared after he met her in person and she charmed him. I wonder if those cookie baking rumors disappeared because Ted just made them up, or because the public has such a short term memory? In my opinion, those rumors are much more scandalous (yes, and depressing) than the Soffer ones.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:06 pm

Cookie baking? Could someone explain?
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup on Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:13 pm

Cookie baking = casting couch activities

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:26 pm

I always heard it explained as giving Harvey Weinstein blow jobs.

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:16 pm

There have been the same rumors about Uncle Harvey and other actresses, from other sources. Maybe they're all piggybacking off the Ted Casablanca rumors about Gwyneth, but would it really be surprising if it's true a studio executive is using his position to get sex from young actresses? It's not unheard of behavior in Hollywood by any stretch.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:33 pm

I don't know that I would consider her as being Hollywood royalty. Her mother was largely a Broadway/theatre actress, and while I personally loved her in Futureworld, she didn't find much success in Hollywood. Bruce Paltrow was strictly a TV guy - a relatively successful TV guy, but in the 80s television was definitely second banana to movies. I can imagine she needed whatever help she could get to get her start, like many other young ingenues. After all, her first real role came by way of family friend "Uncle Steven" casting her in Hook. (I am not suggesting any casting couch shenanigans, just that she was happy enough to take advantage of a family friendship to get cast in a film.)
Not sure how accurate the dating history is here, but if it is - that's a fair number of princes dated, isn't it?
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:01 pm

Huh...I had no idea Gwynnie was Jewish. Ya learn something new every day.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:03 pm

Yeah, she used to talk in interviews about how she descended from a rabbinical dynasty.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:38 am

Me either! I think of her as the picture that's next to WASP in the dictionary basically. Who knew.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:47 am

How have you avoided knowing this! As, swsa mentioned her dropping her rabbinical dynasty heritage but there was a time when she kept going on about her mezuzah.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Pop'n'Fresh on Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:13 am

Her dad is Jewish and her mother isn't, so technically she isn't Jewish. Some people consider having a Jewish father to mean you're half-Jewish.

Pop'n'Fresh

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge on Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:25 pm

Pop'n'Fresh wrote:Her dad is Jewish and her mother isn't, so technically she isn't Jewish. Some people consider having a Jewish father to mean you're half-Jewish.
I've never understood that. Half is half, so why does it matter which half it is? I'm not trying to be snotty or anything, I just never got that.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb on Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:07 pm

Crowbridge wrote:
Pop'n'Fresh wrote:Her dad is Jewish and her mother isn't, so technically she isn't Jewish. Some people consider having a Jewish father to mean you're half-Jewish.
I've never understood that.  Half is half, so why does it matter which half it is?  I'm not trying to be snotty or anything, I just never got that.
Here are a couple answers. The reform movement tends to be more relaxed about whether you are Jewish if only your father is Jewish, but for Conservative and Orthodox, typically you would have to formally convert if your mother isn't Jewish.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum