Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3D Re-Releases

2 posters

Go down

3D Re-Releases  Empty 3D Re-Releases

Post  vwlphb Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:00 pm

Since apparently this is going to be a thing now. Has anyone else gone to see these?

I went to both Lion King and Beauty and the Beast, mainly just to see them on the big screen again. I quite enjoyed them. Though some of their choices were odd - in particular having the mouths in Lion King recede so far it looked like an abyss that wasn't stopped by the back of their heads. Disney is set to release Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo, and Monsters Inc in the next few years. It kind of feels like a call back to when they used to reissue the movies to theaters every seven years before the VCR came around and ruined that business model.

Of course, there's also Star Wars and Titanic coming out soon. Will this help sustain the 3D bubble or be part of what pops it?

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

3D Re-Releases  Empty Re: 3D Re-Releases

Post  Gillian Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:29 pm

I love getting the chance to see movies from my childhood in theaters again, but I will say that I go 2D every chance I get. The only Disney re-release that I watched in 3D was Toy Story, and that was only because I had no other choice.

I hate 3D. It gives me a massive headache. But, if I must, I'll endure it to see Titanic on the big screen again. Oh, Kate and Leo. I can hardly wait. But again, that has everything to do with nostalgia and nothing to do with and enhanced picture or whatever.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum