Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spider-Man Movies

+14
whatthedeuce
Skyblade
PrincessCleo
The Dude
queenofdenile
Kiran
Poubelle
blixie
tothemax
ActonBell
bbridges
swsa
RiverThames
laddical
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Spider-Man Movies - Page 2 Empty Re: Spider-Man Movies

Post  whatthedeuce Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:12 pm

This movie could have been excellent, and I felt the acting was very solid. Somehow though, it ended up being reall strangely paced and the Curt Connors downward spiral was pretty ridiculous. Also, Andrew Garfield is such a great actor that when he's being awkward, it's really difficult not to cringe. Lots of the scenes between Peter and Gwen felt too overwrought or dramatic for me, especially
Spoiler:
. That was beyond awkward and cheesy.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Sat May 03, 2014 8:42 pm

We went to see The Amazing Spiderman 2 tonight. It's actually been here since Good Friday but what with Easter and my preference to not go to popular films during the school holidays, we only got to it this weekend.

It's not bad. Emma Stone is so great as Gwen Stacy and she has a nice rapport with Andrew Garfield and their relationship is nicely done. She gives Gwen a bit of believable sass and more writers and actresses should take note about where they can start with the superhero's girlfriend roles. The film itself is so-so if you were to compare it to the rest of the Marvel universe, but you can't have everything.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Sat May 03, 2014 9:16 pm

The parts I liked, I really liked. The parts I hated, I really hated. The pacing was off, but Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone were delightful as always, they got Spidey's snarkiness right, and I really liked Dane DeHaan's Harry Osborne.

I was super excited when
Spoiler:

But I did hate a lot too.
Spoiler:

Last edited by vwlphb on Sun May 04, 2014 12:08 am; edited 2 times in total

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Sat May 03, 2014 10:32 pm

vwlphb,
Spoiler:

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley Mon May 05, 2014 9:30 am

I also felt like the pacing was off. The whole Harry/Peter friendship felt rushed and I kind of felt like it was added as an afterthought. I didn't feel nearly as invested in their friendship. I also felt like
Spoiler:

It's odd because it's certainly not my favorite movie this year but, for some reason, it's really stuck with me. I suppose it's because of
Spoiler:

I think Andrew Garfield as Spider-man is delightful but Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker? I just don't care that much.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Mon May 05, 2014 7:12 pm

I don't know that I hate the movie, but admitting that I liked anything about it (other than THE SCENE) is like pulling teeth. I didn't even enjoy Andrew and Emma all that much this time around, so I'm guessing the fact that THE SCENE worked for me says more about my being a life-long Spider-Man fan than whether or not it worked or was earned.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 Mon May 12, 2014 10:31 am

It was slower than I expected it to be. I'm not say that a superhero movie has to be all out action all the time, but there was enough extraneous stuff that didn't really serve the purpose of the main or subplots that they felt like filler. I understand that Peter and Gwen have issues in their relationship; I don't need to see five scenes of that. The planes colliding added some nice tension to the electrical outage and maybe that was to add something that would get fixed when Spidey and Gwen hooked everything back up, but it just felt off. The action scenes were great, but if you don't disable the adult part of your brain, you're in trouble.

Having said that my 8 year old son and 13 year old daughter loved it.

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2