Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spartacus

4 posters

Go down

Spartacus Empty Spartacus

Post  aninnocent Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:29 pm

Hi, anyone watching Vengeance? I am glad that Crixus found Naevia so soon even if she is a completely different person, but he can't be dead! Hopefully Ashur will jsut torture him for a few eps before Sparty saves him.

aninnocent

Back to top Go down

Spartacus Empty Re: Spartacus

Post  truecrystal Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:00 pm

They can't kill Crixus. No one does a better Gaulic Batman voice than Crixus.

Liam is no Andy but he's growing on me. I think he needs to get a bit scruffier to take away some of the baby face thing he's got going, but I do like the sense of naivete and conflict he brings.

I've always liked Mira, but I really love her so far this season. And I really do appreciate the writers addressing the inherent problem of freeing the women slaves who even as free women are still not much more than property in Roman society.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:54 am

I'm watching. I still like it, love Mira too! And the Onemaus backstory!

The new Spartyguy is growing on me. He's a good enough actor, but still a bit lacking in presence and gravitas for me. If Crixsus is dead, that will be so hard I'm really invested in his story. I'm not too interested in the fake religiousy Lucretzia story. Too much like Baltar at the end of Battlestar Galactica. Her and Ashur plotting together is interesting though. So I'll wait and see.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  sunni94 Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:34 pm

I miss Andy as Spartacus. Half the time I barely remember the new guy is Spartacus and not another gladiator. I will be so sad that Crixus may no longer be with us. Please no!

The blond chick is carrying Spartacus' baby right from their night together? Sorry, I've watched sporadically. I still love Lucy Lawless though. She does crazy well and you know she's got something planned for Sparty baby.

sunni94

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:02 pm

Excellent episode! I rewound that scene with Mira jumping on and stabbing that Roman to save Navea quite a few times.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:44 pm

I know Naevea is traumatized or whatever, but she needs to get her shit together quick because there are only so many scenes I can see her meekly standing by while people are literally dying at her feet before I'm going to want her dead myself. Poor Mira, all ready to ride or die and she can't even get a declaration of love.

The Illythia/Lucretia game play is FASCINATING.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:25 am

I know! I was yelling at her for getting all those hot men dead. Had to check myself when I realized I found it more unbelievable that she would still have perfect eyebrows than be unresponsive and traumatized over her terrible ordeal and seeing Crixsus sacrifice himself for her. TV has warped me! I expect or hope everyone I like to be bad ass. But she did start to rally by the end of the episode, So I have hope. I really need her character and the writing for her character to not suck.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:27 pm

Gannicus! His cock still rages on.

That was one of the best episodes of the entire series.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum