Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

+75
Crowbridge
mokey75
oxymoron
Amy Pond
punzy
mayram
Snarryfan
Shadowlass
Morning Angel
whatthedeuce
Rhilin
punkysdilemma
winncienzo
mrmoo
laddical
Raksha
particle_person
katha
inversed
siboney
LadyGayle
Arabella
dionneshea
maxell131313
blooey
sobe
Carrie Ann
Jordan Baker
Red Wolf
mandalaya
Putli Bai
Poubelle
The Glen
Cutebutpsycho
Never Enough
big chicken
MLIS
TiffanyNichelle
bbridges
VodouDoll
bookworm
Tabby
dinahmoe
katesti
Count_Bloodcount
QueenSix
lisalars
philophobe
sagitare
Gillian
mialoubug
Matinee
year of the cat
Heather
Pop'n'Fresh
Instant Monkeys
biakbiak
Unlucky Bear
Lily Rose
sweetle
PrincessCleo
19uses
Jessica
Eris Rising
bosoxgirl
puddingcup
killershrew
Miss Moneypenny
Jude
Kiran
ActonBell
BreezyK
Esme
swsa
blixie
79 posters

Page 18 of 38 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 38  Next

Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 18 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  Raksha Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:33 am

That is the one and only thing that could ever get me to watch that show!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns - Page 18 Empty Re: Digging in the Dirt: Gossip Columns

Post  Kiran Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:47 pm

Sarah continues to be an idiot. Aside from claiming that Aaron Eckhart's performance in The Dark Knight Returns didn't hold up when Harvey becomes Two Face, and acting like that is EVERYONE'S opinion, even though that was generally an extremely well recieved performance, she claims that Thank You For Smoking is the only movie to subvert his leading man looks. Aaron Eckhart became famous due to his work in Neil Labute films DOING JUST THAT. In the Company of Men, you stupid know it all. Jesus fucking Christ I LIVE AND WORK IN A MENNONITE COMMUNITY IN MANITOBA AND I HAVE MORE MEDIA KNOWLEDGE THAN YOU I CAN'T YOU GUYS SHE MAKES ME SO UNNECESSARILY ANGRY.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:00 pm

Don't take this the wrong way, but I kinda love it when you get angry, Kiran.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:01 pm

Seconded.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:56 pm

I probably went into public health to find a good way to channel my rage.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:20 am

What's so annoying about Sarah is that she writes everything with this tone that she's speaking the general consensus. She posts the most randomly out there statements as if it's a debate that's been had and won overwhelmingly, when in most cases, she's bitching about something that I've rarely if ever heard anyone else have issues with. Then she'll turn around and speak as some "industry insider" and give opinions that have less depth or understanding of film than the average 12-year old fanboy. It's really the worst of both worlds...when she has something unique to say it's so out there and bizarre and she doesn't even realize it, while when she thinks she's being insightful and unique she's inevitably just rehashing shit Nikki Finke/slashfilm/THR/Variety have already gone over ad nauseum.

Basically, I'm expecting a column from her tomorrow talking about how her "sources" have heard good things about Man of Steel and she thinks this could be a start for DC moving towards a Justice League movie.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:37 am

Could she even explain the difference between the JLA and the Avengers?
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:34 pm

swsa wrote:Basically, I'm expecting a column from her tomorrow talking about how her "sources" have heard good things about Man of Steel and she thinks this could be a start for DC moving towards a Justice League movie.
Alternately, it's going to fail because Superman's never been all that popular. Totally.
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

http://http;//cleolinda.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:36 pm

LOL. She actually DID to an article.

It was very much HEY GUYS...GONNA SHOCK YOU...THIS MAY BE GOOD? SIT DOWN, GUYS. I KNOW I KNOW.

Its like girl, we could see the trailer too. Jesus.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:46 pm

She's seen it?

She's seen it?

Two months in advance? When no one else has said anything about screenings that weren't for Warners executives?

Ooooookaaaaay.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:13 pm

No, she just commented on the new trailer.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:16 pm

No, she says that she's actually seen it and that the trailer is a good representation of its strengths.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:26 pm

Also, STFU Lainey, every time you engage your arm muscles doesn't indicated that you are "posing" I see regular women, overwhelmed with their new pregnancy belly and the way it decentralizes your center of gravity grab their damn bellies and/or hold the small of their backs, and yes it is completely NATURAL. I agree about the dudes/male partners cupping a belly for a photo, but even that is pretty natural.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:54 am

Also...why does she expect more of Evan Rachel Wood? I like her and think shes an excellent actress but...has she ever been on her twitter?

And...wow...I skipped totally over that part...how in the fuck did she get a ticket to one of the most locked down movies of the year?
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:08 pm

I like Lainey hinting around that Kristen Stewart being dropped from her film may be a good thing, because Will Smith may be too concerned with making it a hit. A film from the team that brought us Crazy Stupid Love. Yes, I'm sure hit potential and mass appeal was totally not a priority here until Will Smith jumped in to smother everyone's dark, artistic vision.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:12 pm

Also, I'm aware that Will Smith has made iffy decisions, but the man is a good dramatic actor, with two oscar nominations, and huge box office clout...like...how is IT BAD for Kristen Stewart to play a romantic lead opposite him?

The woman's last movie was Snow White and the Huntsman. I doubt she was super concerned about losing indie appeal.

Also I've heard the screenplay is VERY good, but mainstream. And acting like WELL HOW DOES THIS LOOK LIKE THE SAME MOVIE THAT WAS MADE FOR RYAN GOSLING AND EMMA STONE...um...I can totally see that? I love both those people but Ryan Gosling made Crazy Stupid Love with these people. And Emma Stone is basically the mainstream rom com's saviour right now...
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:38 pm

I mean, I get her point that the ages will definitely change, going from Gosling to Affleck to Smith. But come on. It was a rom com, it's still going to be a rom com. Acting like this is going to to undertake some huge artistic changes that will make it unrecognizable from its initial form is ridiculous. But she's just scrambling for a way in which Stewart left voluntarily, and not the way more likely "Wait, we can get Smith? Later Kstew, we gotta look for a love interest that works with him" scenario.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:43 pm

I think that is what made me side eye. Will Smith has made a couple missteps lately. But are we seriously gonna pretend that Kristen Stewart is in a better career positions than him?
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:08 pm

Actually she might be right -- I do think it's good for K.Stew to be out of that sucker. MAYBE it would work on scree, but on paper I think she and Will Smith make an utterly ridiculous pair, and he hasn't had good movie instincts for a while as well, but mostly I think it's possible people would just laugh at the idea of them hooking up and that would blunt any momentum she's struggling to maintain.

Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:32 pm

I like Tom Hiddleston, but in what world is he the "perfect" choice to play a Gothy, dead rock star.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:03 pm

I think people are imagining Loki with smeared eye makeup, is the problem. Shit, has anyone on Tumblr photoshopped that yet? I don't want to look.
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

http://http;//cleolinda.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:13 pm

Oh God. They probably have.

Honestly this should never happen because the combo of the Crow and Tom Hiddleston will bring out the worst of the internet and hot topic.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:15 pm

I'd also say he's too old - isn't the protagonist in his late teens?

Plus I'd hate to see the internet spontaneously combust.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:28 pm

Early to mid 20s. I've read the graphic novel and the Brandon Lee version is actually quite faithful. Which is why I really think a remake is unnecessary. I mean, other superheroes and comic book characters I get. They have ongoing stories for decades. You can mine that shit. But the Crow? There are a few graphic novels (though the last was when I was in middle school) but they all have a different main character. They are doing Eric I think, and...his story was done. Whether you like the film version of the Crow or not, its pretty much the ideal adaptation of that specific graphic novel.

I mean I think they could make a better film version (though I enjoy the first one, Brandon Lee was talented and I've always thought it was sad how his career was ended), but it wouldn't be a very faithful adaptation of the graphic novel which is...super of its time. Like if you wanted to encapsulate a certain type of late 80s early 90s subcultures, go look at that shit.

That rant was ridiculous and has nothing to do with anything related to this thread so I'll tie it in by saying, I don't think hes perfect for the role at all, though I enjoy him a lot, and if he really wants his own comic book related franchise he should try to make Ruse happen.

Or Bone.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:49 pm

I want Bone to happen so much. But I'm not sure there's anything there for Hiddleston, either. It's been ages since I read the whole thing, but I don't recall very many male characters other than the Bone Brothers and the one human male I can remember was significantly older than Tom.

Or were you just making a joke? Maybe he could be the voice of the stupid, stupid rat creatures.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 38 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 38  Next